PDA

View Full Version : Gears

bulldogs2k
07-25-2006, 01:11 AM
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone sells different gears/final drive that will improve acceleration. Aggressive final drive ratios make a huge impact in terms of 1/4 times or autox, and IMO, its the best bang for the buck.
A

johnnyfive
07-25-2006, 02:13 AM
i have heard that the XA gears are swapable with the yaris, and that they are to be more aggressive. might be worth looking into ;)

aucorium
07-25-2006, 07:21 AM
Hi

TRD has a final gear set available for the yaris , check it out , on the jap website

Chris07LB
07-25-2006, 09:30 AM
Hi

TRD has a final gear set available for the yaris , check it out , on the jap website

Link? :iono:

riceboy
07-25-2006, 09:54 AM
Try this,..

http://trdparts.jp/english/list_new-vitz.html

Expensive though,.. boomplustoys.net can get the stuff in... but... expensive.. I priced out the TRD header and it came up to a cool $1000

bulldogs2k
07-25-2006, 11:32 AM
wow...i might have to wait on the gears.

ChinoCharles
07-25-2006, 12:12 PM
A USA Yaris with JDM parts is running pretttyyyy steep these days. Wow.

But those seats... and the gears and flywheel... and that header... ugh. Anyone want to loan me $8k? Haha.

Ran Kizama
07-25-2006, 12:15 PM
$778 for a TRD Header (113Y/$1 US exchange rate)

Holy shi-ca-ca. :eek:

fnkngrv
07-25-2006, 12:21 PM
$778 for a TRD Header (113Y/$1 US exchange rate)

Holy shi-ca-ca. :eek:

:bellyroll: :bellyroll: :laughabove: :laughabove:

soros151
07-25-2006, 08:25 PM
:mad: too much money for just a brand. Did you know that the TRD intakes are made here in the USA by AEM, and that the TRD Headers are made by DC sports? AEM=DC At least for the Scion tC, the first intake and first header that came are really the same model made by AEM and DC sports, and that same model is then sold to TRD and TRD gives it a huge overprice tag. Makes me SUPER MAD!! :thumbdown: to TRD and their ripoff sales. They make some good items, but they are way overpriced.

bulldogs2k
07-25-2006, 11:45 PM
I think I can wait! I'll just buy gears for my other car.

03Z33
07-26-2006, 02:26 AM
Not sure if anyone noticed, but it states that the stock Vitz RS Final drive is 4.312 in Japan. Anyone know what the stock US final drive is?

BTW, the TRD options are both taller gears :iono: 4.058 and 3.772 which will only help if you're trying to improve mpg.

RoninMax
07-26-2006, 10:10 AM
too much money for just a brand. Did you know that the TRD intakes are made here in the USA by AEM, and that the TRD Headers are made by DC sports? AEM=DC At least for the Scion tC, the first intake and first header that came are really the same model made by AEM and DC sports, and that same model is then sold to TRD and TRD gives it a huge overprice tag. Makes me SUPER MAD!! to TRD and their ripoff sales. They make some good items, but they are way overpriced.

You are right on of the TRD USA parts but not on the TRD Japan parts. TRD Japan parts are design by Toyota Technocraft Division (a division within TRD Japan that develop JGTC racing vechicle etc.) They have there own reserach center for the parts. No like TRD USA, They ask different vendor to make parts for them. On the other hand, TRD USA and TRD Japan are different department, just like the TTE. Do you remember the TRD USA front struct bar for Scion XB is totally different than The TRD Japan 's one for bB?

RoninMax
07-26-2006, 10:29 AM
For the final drive, TRD Japan only sell the lower ratio for First Gan Vitz (ECHO), IST (XA) and bB (XB). They are for the TRD Japan turbo version that sell only in Japan. If you want to close up gear ratio for INZFE motor. I suggest using 6 speed tran. My buddy have a tranmission mod on his ECHO by using a C60 (AE111 6 speed) internal to maid with the C150 (ECHO 5 Speed) with custom shifter cable. The mod is done by KAZZ USA. He is the first 6 speed ECHO in USA if I know of. Please check on the Scion Life Forum and ask, They will know who I am talking about.

heylookitsjames
07-26-2006, 01:14 PM
For the final drive, TRD Japan only sell the lower ratio for First Gan Vitz (ECHO), IST (XA) and bB (XB). They are for the TRD Japan turbo version that sell only in Japan. If you want to close up gear ratio for INZFE motor. I suggest using 6 speed tran. My buddy have a tranmission mod on his ECHO by using a C60 (AE111 6 speed) internal to maid with the C150 (ECHO 5 Speed) with custom shifter cable. The mod is done by KAZZ USA. He is the first 6 speed ECHO in USA if I know of. Please check on the Scion Life Forum and ask, They will know who I am talking about.

hmm... I have a C-60 in my aw11... hmmm....

Any idea if kazz is releasing a LSD for the stock yaris trans?

soros151
07-26-2006, 04:08 PM
I already saw an LSD in the Japanese TRD site.

heylookitsjames
07-26-2006, 06:05 PM
I already saw an LSD in the Japanese TRD site.
Right... I saw that too. But I am curious about Kazz.

RoninMax
07-26-2006, 08:16 PM
I dont have the Kazz catalog. I do have the cusco catalog, Cusco have the LSD for NCP91. 1 or 1.5 ways, Type RS and Type MZ.