PDA

View Full Version : The $4.00 super winter brush SLASH ice scraper SLASH dew remover -- mod.

Sodium Duck
11-09-2008, 06:03 PM
I found this ice scraper at Big Lots, and I thought it was pretty neat, except for those horrible, scratchy bristles. I also liked how it was one piece, and not tilting, collapsable, breakable, stupid crap. It is just the right length for me reach all around and clear the roof off. The ice scraper part was pretty beefy, too. I always buy those cheap piece of junk ones and end up snapping them all the time.

Anyways, I bassically ripped the bristles out, drilled some holes in the head, cut up and old t-shirt, and put that on the head instead.

So now I have one soft brush to remove snow with, a beefy ice scraper, and a dew remover (because for some reason, rolling the windows down and up doesn't remove all the rain from the windows... right, I still don't get that).

Nexus1155
11-10-2008, 10:14 AM
hahah, that is an awesome mod, but im clumsy and ill end up scratching the crap out of the car.... Target sells a nice big red pimp one, not flimsy at all and feels like a shovel, its well crafted..curved handle and everything

Revsson
11-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Hey Nexus1155, where is the pic of your's?? :iono:

Sodium Duck
11-10-2008, 02:33 PM
+2

Bob_VT
11-10-2008, 09:31 PM
PLEASE be cautious that the old t shirt does not pick up a pebble or grime...... you will have to keep an eye on it....... here is a wierd suggestion..... get a handful of nitral gloxes XL and stretch one over the t shirt. Nothing will soak in and nothing will stick. When it gets beat up ..... snap on a new one.

Sodium Duck
11-10-2008, 11:53 PM
or saran wrap maybe?

Nexus1155
11-11-2008, 06:19 PM
im still trying to find this damn thing, gimme a minute ill keep an eye open for it tonight