PDA

View Full Version : Weathertech Vent visor review

Chaad32
07-25-2006, 06:03 PM
I just installed these WeatherTech vent visors on my L/B and I love them. they not only fit like a glove but they look really nice too. They in no way indibit the use of the window (I have manual windows but it is still really easy to roll them up so I know there would be no probolem with power windows). There is a video that you can watch that shows just how to install them ( http://www.weathertech.com/service/installation.asp ) and it worked just how they showed. Install took about 5 min for both. Here are some pics. If you all need more details just ask and I'll be happy to answer anything I can.

Chris07LB
07-25-2006, 06:32 PM
:thumbup:

KSIbucky
07-25-2006, 08:46 PM
nice match you dont really notice it

kty75
07-25-2006, 09:06 PM
easy to install ?
oh !? is that Sedan Side Window Deflectors also fit 5Dr liftback, ?
cuz there is only 2 option, 3Dr, and Sedan

TRD_Yaris
07-26-2006, 12:00 AM
it looks pretty good!! do they seem to be very functional? do you ride with your windows partially down or smoke out of them?

07WYarisRS
07-26-2006, 12:08 AM
do they come in a darker tint?

Ran Kizama
07-26-2006, 07:20 AM
What exactly do these do? Block rain?

boxerboy
07-26-2006, 05:38 PM
They look good and should be useful.

bigsky2
07-26-2006, 06:06 PM
What exactly do these do? Block rain?

To some extent, yes.

They are suppossed to redirect rain away from the top of the window, and in some instances it can redirect wind so it doesn't create such a drag effect when your windows are down.

And yes, it's good for people who smoke :smoking:

Chaad32
07-26-2006, 07:41 PM
They keep rain out when you are parked so you can keep you windows cracked and let the heat out in the summer.

They are also easy to install.

Chaad32
07-26-2006, 07:41 PM
do they come in a darker tint?

WeatherTech said they only come in this one tint

Chaad32
07-26-2006, 07:43 PM
easy to install ?

I would not think so....the lady at the weatherTech phone number seemed really knowledgable though. You should go to their website and call the number.

Buckethead
08-06-2006, 05:46 PM
great thread!

Opinion needed.... I'm thinking of getting these. What would look better all 4 or just 2?

Let me know! I've got a sedan flint mica colored.

Thanks!

:cool:

Chaad32
08-07-2006, 04:32 PM
Go all four......just two looks awkward.

casterqc
09-05-2006, 02:31 PM
I sent an e-mail to weathertechcanada.com to know if they were making a darker tint (just to be sure)...it took them 3 days to answer me: "we would suggest using part # 70408 your price is $82.95" Doh!:clap: ...so they didn't answer my question.

Also, it is 15$ for shipping and they don't have a distributor near me...so I'll go with Toyota ones instead...they'll cost less.

IsLNdbOi
09-10-2006, 07:07 AM
I'm planning on getting my windows tinted soon. Should I stick my WeatherTech Vent Visors on first or wait until after my windows are tinted. I'm concerned about the Vent Visors damaging the tint film.

casterqc
09-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Vent visors are on the exterior side of the window. The tint film is put on the interior side...so yes, you can put your vent visors before getting your windows tinted.

Usually vent visors don't even touch the window's surface because you stick them on your doors. The Weathertech and the Toyota ones are "clip in" (for Toyota it is only for the front windows)...so I guess it maybe touch the window's surface...but not from the interior.

....this is my 100th post on this forum..yahooo!:thumbup: :biggrin:

Yucky Darren
04-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Well, I just purchased them so i gotta wait for them to come in. But as soon as i hit the purchase button a question about them popped in my head. How easy are they to take off if i decide i don't want them on anymore?

vodkalush
04-16-2007, 04:20 PM
easy to install ?

I have ones that where suppose to be for sedan (ebay buy long time ago 9months ago) but I cant verify that they are for the 5door (i just know they are too big for my sedan.... i can post pics if your interested

punch
04-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Well, I just purchased them so i gotta wait for them to come in. But as soon as i hit the purchase button a question about them popped in my head. How easy are they to take off if i decide i don't want them on anymore?

they are easy to remove they slide into the window channels,

punch
04-16-2007, 07:12 PM
I'm planning on getting my windows tinted soon. Should I stick my WeatherTech Vent Visors on first or wait until after my windows are tinted. I'm concerned about the Vent Visors damaging the tint film.

they can damage your tint,as they did on my pt cruiser, they fit in the window channel, thus forcing the window towards the inside of the car, creating a tighter fit against the window channel, which over time caused minor scratch's to my window tint.
but i will buy again for my sedan, they look awesome.

W.A.S.P
04-17-2007, 01:19 AM
Good job! I got the same ones!

gonzo452001
05-09-2007, 09:04 PM
My toyota dealer told me he couldn't get the OEM vent visors I got the weather tech ones look great 61.00 with shipping took longer to get the box open than to install

ROCKLANDTOYOTA
05-10-2007, 10:41 AM
JUST ORDERED the weathertech ones at 38.00 plus tax. im hoping that im gonna like them.....

redyaris
05-10-2007, 10:45 AM
And you guys complain about my chrome fetish! Plastic stick-on thingies on the windows! Non-smokers rejoice that we dont need these.

greenguynynj
05-10-2007, 11:00 AM
Simple question: when you order the weathertech vent visors and you choose "1" as the quantity, is it a 1 package that contains two visors, or do you need to order 1 for each window?

Thanks all!

kurokoma-kun
05-10-2007, 11:05 AM
how do they look?

ROCKLAND TOYOTA
05-10-2007, 11:57 AM
look at the white hatch a few posts up....

ROCKLAND TOYOTA
05-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Simple question: when you order the weathertech vent visors and you choose "1" as the quantity, is it a 1 package that contains two visors, or do you need to order 1 for each window?

Thanks all! just order 1

Vic-2NZFE
05-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Anyone knows were can i get vent visors for old generation Yaris?

Kioshi
06-15-2007, 05:39 AM
they damage the tints? Because I'm getting my windows tinted within one month and was looking all over for vent visors but, reading that it damages the tints (upper part), I may reconsider.

Is there any way around it, because I dont like my tints damaged or start coming off..

thanks in advance guys~

P.S. W.A.S.P......where did you get the rear mirrors turn signal lights? I see that your from NY, so I thought I could fit it on my Californian Yaris....considering I drive through heavy traffic every day.It would be quite useful against stupid ignorant drivers on the freeway for me~

casterqc
06-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Little story about weathertech:

I ordered the weathetech's deflectors on May 12. On May 14, I got a message from them telling me they were out of stock...so I waited.

On June 4 I was getting impatient so I asked them what was happening with the order, they answered the next day to tell me they should arrive at the shop the same week.

On June 22, after not having any news on my order, I decided to send them a message to cancel my order. The funny thing is that they seemed to be ignoring me because I didn't get any cancellation confirmation or answer.

Today I send another message, and while I am writing this post, I finally get the answer: "Please consider your order cancelled".

I think they were insulted by the fact I told them that 1 month and a half was a long wait for two little pieces of plastic...or is it just me?

The end...that was my story.

blacksan
06-27-2007, 02:09 PM

I ordered the weathetech's deflectors on May 12. On May 14, I got a message from them telling me they were out of stock...so I waited.

On June 4 I was getting impatient so I asked them what was happening with the order, they answered the next day to tell me they should arrive at the shop the same week.

On June 22, after not having any news on my order, I decided to send them a message to cancel my order. The funny thing is that they seemed to be ignoring me because I didn't get any cancellation confirmation or answer.

Today I send another message, and while I am writing this post, I finally get the answer: "Please consider your order cancelled".

I think they were insulted by the fact I told them that 1 month and a half was a long wait for two little pieces of plastic...or is it just me?

You already have better beer then we do so just be patient cry-baby!:biggrin:

casterqc
06-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Actually one of the reasons why I was impatient....you spend a lot $$ in beer here during summertime!:drinking: ...lol

jim TS
06-27-2007, 03:22 PM
Anyone knows were can i get vent visors for old generation Yaris?

i know a website in my country i dont now if they sent to panama?
http://www.toyoshop.nl/
you can select language on top left
click on the button on the left autostyle webshop
at the search index enter this product number CL 3009

Kioshi
06-27-2007, 03:30 PM

I'm going to give them a call and see if they first have it in stock. I'm getting my windows tinted tomorrow $300 for five and I want these vents to go with them within a couple of days..I wouldnt wait more than 2 weeks.

earljail
06-28-2007, 02:17 AM
And you guys complain about my chrome fetish! Plastic stick-on thingies on the windows! Non-smokers rejoice that we dont need these.

Yeah, my wife has some on her '05 Echo RS. They seem to add some wind noise. But they came with it and she likes it.

seriousfun
06-28-2007, 12:41 PM
I have the Weathertechs on my '07 Black LB (I used to have them on a minivan, received as a gift, and I liked them) (Weathertech seems to have some of the better customer service around - I also got some mats from them at one time - sorry to hear about casterqc's problems).

IMO when the windows are down at or below the visors, wind noise is far less than if the windows were down this far without the visors. I live near the ocean where it's 20 degrees F cooler than where I work, so after a day in the sun this helps the car cool-off quicker without using AC. They're also great in the rain. And nobody smokes in my car.

ROCKLAND TOYOTA
06-28-2007, 03:36 PM
JUST ORDERED the weathertech ones at 38.00 plus tax. im hoping that im gonna like them.....
im still waiting on these to come in. there on back order from the manufacter