PDA

View Full Version : New NST Pulleys for the TS

NonStopTuning
11-21-2008, 02:09 PM
UPDATE

NEW NST Underdrive Crank Pulley for the Yaris TS 1.8 and Scion xD!
http://www.nonstoptuning.com/pKitToySciXD.html

Now in stock and ready for immediate shipping.
These pulleys are AWESOME!!!

:burnrubber:

CASTREX
11-21-2008, 02:33 PM
How could you not love NST!!! :wub::wub::wub:

When can I have mine? :thumbup::thumbup:

edit:Available on Jan-09 :redface:

Would Garm carry these?

NonStopTuning
12-01-2008, 06:50 PM
UPDATE

NEW NST GB ON ScionLife...
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=277

And before we get this question, let me go ahead and address this issue....

I know that originally we talked about doing a crank pulley and alternator pulley... we have since chosen to go a different route...

We will offer our 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley as a solo item. This pulley is roughly 70% lighter than the OEM pulley and will provide the best mix of performance and daily drivability for our customers. You will see better HP and TQ delivery, better throttle response, better gas mileage, and absolutely NO headaches or worries about accessory output.

The Alternator Pulley has been scratched, and will likely not be offered as a production item for the xD. This is due to the fact that removal of the alternator, and installation of a new pulley, have shown to be a big pain! Spending the great deal of time and effort on this install, or paying a shop for this installation, would likely turn most people away from this mod. In short... an alternator pulley is probably not worth the effort for 90% of you out there.

So get ready to pick up one of our crank pulleys and enjoy the great benefits at a rock bottom price!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

CASTREX
12-01-2008, 07:28 PM
I already signed for 2 pulleys! :thumbup:

Mike,

I don't require INTL shipping for my pulleys but all the other TS owners are in Europe. I guess they will be interested in knowing if you will be able to ship to them. And roughly how bad is the shipping to Europe.

NonStopTuning
12-02-2008, 12:31 AM
We can definitely ship to any country in Europe. USPS Global Express Mail is roughly $20 to $25 for such a package and is calculated by our online shopping cart at the time of each order.

:thumbup:

Rafterman
12-02-2008, 06:36 AM
yeeehaaaa...sounds good :biggrin:

Yaris Palme
12-02-2008, 08:59 AM
sounds good.

can we also order this vom microimage?? i need also parts from them...

CASTREX
12-02-2008, 10:45 AM
Since this is a group buy, in order to have access to the special (introduction) price you need to order from NST.

How ever, you could tie off with Mike from NST and have your Pulley sent to Garm. USPS shipping within the USA is pretty cheap.

Then Garm could consolidate the pulley along with all the other parts you are buying from him.

CASTREX
12-02-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm already signed for the group buy in the official Thread over at Scionlife.com but for all the TS owners from Yaris World we could start a list over at this thread.

Yaris Palme, Rafterman
Let me know if you would like to be added to the Group buy.

The last date to join is Dec-15 and the payment should be submitted soon after that date. The pulleys will be shipped 6 wks later. (probably by the end of January)

Yaris Palme
12-02-2008, 11:45 AM
i think i will buy one.... but 15.dez.... it is to early for me.......
and i also will test my paypal account. i don´t know if it really work.

CASTREX
12-02-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm sure you can pay with a credit card as well.

According to Mike the GB finishes on Dec-15 (That's the last day to join the group) Then NSt will give 10 extra days to submit all payments.

In the worst case you will be able to buy it later. It will cost $118 instead of $99. but other than that no big deal...:thumbup:

Yaris Palme
12-02-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm sure you can pay with a credit card as well.

According to Mike the GB finishes on Dec-15 (That's the last day to join the group) Then NSt will give 10 extra days to submit all payments.

In the worst case you will be able to buy it later. It will cost $118 instead of $99. but other than that no big deal...:thumbup:

not everybody has a creditcard ;) i donīt have one, because i donīt need it, here in Austria.

NonStopTuning
12-02-2008, 02:29 PM
PayPal would be the easiest way for international customers to place an order with us.

Thank you everyone, I appreciate it!

NonStopTuning
12-03-2008, 02:07 AM
PS. Thank you for all your help and support Mr. CASTREX, we certainly do appreciate it very much!

CASTREX
12-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Bump!

No more interested people on the pulley here? :iono:

We are close to the deadline for the Group buy and we still need 5 more people to join.

constantin
12-08-2008, 03:21 PM
I am interested but the only thing that worries me is the instalation. How ... ?

Yaris Palme
12-08-2008, 03:32 PM
like to change the V-belt.

unstiff the compressor of the aircond.
unstiff the alternator
pull of the stock pulley.

so i think. pls correct me, if i write some wrong.

CASTREX
12-08-2008, 04:08 PM
You got it right.

You need to loose the alternator bolt to loose the belt.

The you can remove the crank pulley by removing the right front wheel.

Is really simple. The only thing to consider is that removing the Crank pulley bolt is going to be really hard if you do it by hand.
An Air/Impact gun/wrench would be highly recommended. With the right tools it should be a mater of 1/2 an hour.

Here is a link with a small write up and some pictures so you have a better idea of the installation:
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=243432

NonStopTuning
12-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Very good installation guide :thumbsup::thumbsup:

We need more members to join our list, to make this a reality sooner rather than later folks.

SO GET ON DA BUS!!!

CASTREX
12-10-2008, 07:17 PM
We only need 3 more people!!!

If you are interested join the club now...! Who knows when will more of these become available..!

Dead line is Dec-14

NonStopTuning
12-10-2008, 09:50 PM
We need more people to GET ON DA BUS!!!

abdiel hiram
12-10-2008, 10:46 PM
[QUOTE=CASTREX;187838]I already signed for 2 pulleys! :thumbup:

Hi There Castrex, i just sent a PM.... off topic but will appreciatte any help.

CASTREX
12-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Only 2 more days for the GB!! :eyebulge:

NonStopTuning
12-12-2008, 05:24 PM
LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN FOLKS!!!

CASTREX
12-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks Garm!!!!

MICROIMAGEONLINE.COM FTW!!! :thumbup:

CASTREX
12-15-2008, 02:48 PM
^^^

For the Euro guys who were thinking on getting one of these Pulleys...!

Good news

Our beloved sponsor Garm (Microimageonline.com) will be stocking a few pulleys!

NonStopTuning
12-15-2008, 02:53 PM
^^^

For the Euro guys who were thinking on getting one of these Pulleys...!

Good news

Our beloved sponsor Garm (Microimageonline.com) will be stocking a few pulleys!

GARM OF MICROIMAGEONLINE.COM has decided to take SIX of these pulleys in order to make this GB a reality.
WE ALL owe him a lot of thanks for all his hard work and support.

Thank you GARM!!!

Please visit the following link for more info...
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3900571#3900571

:thumbsup:

Yaris Palme
12-15-2008, 03:01 PM
yeah thanks Garm.

then i can also order some other things from your shop? ;)

cali yaris
12-15-2008, 03:14 PM
my pleasure guys, hope we can sell them

Yaris Palme
01-06-2009, 07:49 PM
my pleasure guys, hope we can sell them

when did you get one pulley???

i just need the full price OF:
the pulley
the carbon front emblem (i think i read 98$)
and the shippingcosts to AUSTRIA (EUROPE)

then i can send my money on my paypal account and 1week later i can order and send the money instant to you.

and did you have a microimage sticker for me? ;)

cali yaris
01-06-2009, 07:59 PM
3 pounds to Austria is $31 US. that is for USPS Priority International.

$118 pulley (I think, will have to check with NST) + $98 CF emblem + shipping

MI sticker is free :biggrin: what color do you want?

shtou
01-07-2009, 12:23 AM
me also i want one pulley-graphite color-when it will be avaible?i'm from Romania;how much will cost in total with transport and how can i make the payment for it?

Yaris Palme
01-07-2009, 07:11 AM
3 pounds to Austria is $31 US. that is for USPS Priority International.

$118 pulley (I think, will have to check with NST) + $98 CF emblem + shipping

MI sticker is free :biggrin: what color do you want?

finally 247$, all incl.?
sticker in white pls.

when could you send all parts?

thx.

CASTREX
01-07-2009, 04:59 PM
when did you get one pulley???

NST just started working on the pulleys.

They should be ready by the end of January or early February :wink:

Yaris Palme
01-07-2009, 05:05 PM
ok thx.
can´t wait to get one :D

andries
01-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Can someone explain to me what's the meaning is of "10% underdrive" by the NST pulley?
Is it means that he is 10% smaller than stock?

CASTREX
01-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Can someone explain to me what's the meaning is of "10% underdrive" by the NST pulley?
Is it means that he is 10% smaller than stock?

Exactly... the diameter is 10% smaller tha the stock pulley.

Here is a brief explanation from NST website:

Think of it this way, underdrive means to slow down. Underdrive crank pulleys found at NonStopTuning are designed to slow down engine accessories and reduce parasitic loss.
Crank pulleys, attached to the outside of the crankshaft, are the source of power for a car's accessories. The alternator, power steering, water pump, and air conditioner are all belt driven units, attached to the crank pulley, that use horsepower from an engine to provide their own services. This draw of power by these accessories is called parasitic loss. NST underdrive crank pulleys increase an engine's horsepower by reducing the power required to drive these external accessories. By replacing factory pulleys with carefully resized units, the accessories are slowed enough so that their performance does not suffer, but just enough so that more horsepower is sent to the wheels and put to the ground. Where horsepower should be!

The R&D team at NST is dedicated to developing underdrive crank pulleys that provide great gains for track days and continue to deliver proper accessory output for everyday street use.

NST equipped cars do better on the track, benefit from increased accessory life on the street, and also deliver better mile-per-gallon fuel efficiency.

andries
01-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Oke, thanks

And they will fit with the stock belt?

cali yaris
01-24-2009, 05:12 PM
yes -- But I don't know that it is 10% diameter or 10% circumference. Diameter measurement makes the most sense.

NonStopTuning
03-05-2009, 04:36 PM
UPDATE

NEW NST Underdrive Crank Pulley for the Yaris TS 1.8 and Scion xD!
http://www.nonstoptuning.com/pKitToySciXD.html

Now in stock and ready for immediate shipping.
These pulleys are AWESOME!!!

NonStopTuning
03-10-2009, 06:32 PM
DIY installation guide of this pulley on a Scion xD (same as Yaris TS) ...

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=4073726#4073726

http://www.garage1217.com/SCIONXD/PULLEY/PULLEY2/10.jpg

CASTREX
03-11-2009, 12:09 AM
Nice...!

My pulley will go in next week!!!

Can't wait...!

NST FTW!! :thumbup:

andries
03-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Nice...!

My pulley will go in next week!!!

Can't wait...!

NST FTW!! :thumbup:

And, how does he?

CASTREX
03-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Not here yet... I should have it by Wednesday. Probably will have time to install it until the weekend... :frown:

NonStopTuning
03-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Not here yet... I should have it by Wednesday. Probably will have time to install it until the weekend... :frown:

Good luck with the install. Should be a breeze :smile:

And for anyone else who is interested in one of these... We have a good number of these available for immediate shipping.

CASTREX
03-18-2009, 04:32 PM
OK, so after several weeks of waiting....

My pulley arrieved today!! Along with some other goodies :biggrin:

It looks awesome!! I hope I'll have time to install it this weekend...

By courtesy of Mike@NST and Garm@Microimageonline... :thumbup: thx!

There are 2 pulleys on the pic, one is for my buddy gomez1184

cali yaris
04-07-2009, 06:48 PM
IN STOCK... fyi

NonStopTuning
04-07-2009, 11:43 PM
OK, so after several weeks of waiting....

My pulley arrieved today!! Along with some other goodies :biggrin:

It looks awesome!! I hope I'll have time to install it this weekend...

By courtesy of Mike@NST and Garm@Microimageonline... :thumbup: thx!

There are 2 pulleys on the pic, one is for my buddy gomez1184

I love the pics :thumbsup::thumbsup:

NonStopTuning
05-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Anyone else?!

CASTREX
05-28-2009, 04:13 PM
OK OK... sorry! A little confession to make... I was not able to install the pulley until a week ago... Work a lots of things to do kept the pulley in my desk for several weeks...

But is finally on and after a week of driving with it I can now post my impressions!

The installation was really easy... I took like 15 min. I didn't do it sooner because I didn't had an impact gun to pull out the OE pulley. I went to a friend who had one and it took us longer to loose the alternator than taking the oe pulley off and the new one on.

Amazing product!

Probably the best bang for the buck out there for the 2ZR-FE engine. :thumbsup:

Unlike the gains from my Fujita CAI or exhaust that you can feel them on the higher revs, the NST underdrive pulley provides gains all across the rev band...

Don't buy it expecting a huge improvement... but I can tell you this is something that you can actually feel! :thumbup:

iirc the back to back dyno testing that Richard Holdener did for the 1.5L Yaris underdrive pulley showed a solid 3whp gain. Now I can tell you that the OE pulley from the Yaris TS is almost twice a big as the OE pulley from the 1.5Yaris and the weight savings are much larger on the Yaris TS.

I would not be surprised if the actual gains in our car are around 5whp with this U pulley.

Other impressions:

The throttle response is improved... I love that rev matching down shifting is easier and smoother now.

For the people worried about the use of an under drive pulley...
I have a DVD audio system, 6 speakers and 4 channel 350w amp and use the A/C every day... no problems after a week of driving!!

Finally a little side review:

I also installed the NST metal bushings. The ones that go one the engine side....

WOW!!

I love them! I already had the NST SSK but now with the cable bushings, the gears feel really sporty...
When I push a gear on you can almost feel a click when the gear goes on... no more mushy feeling!

I've been driving like :evil: during the last week!!!

Thanks NST!! :thumbsup:

NonStopTuning
06-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Thank you CASTREX :thumbup:

CASTREX
06-08-2009, 06:40 PM
A little more regarding the shifter cable metal bushings...

I keep loving them. Definetely a must to bring the most out of the SSK.

At first the shifting got too tight and I had to put a little effort to move the shifter into a gear.

It turned out that the SSK pin was a little to tight inside the new metal bushing...

A little bit of WD-40 on both bushings and now the gears are going in as if they had butter... amazing.

very sporty feeling. This is the way the shifter should be from the factory.

:headbang:

cali yaris
06-08-2009, 08:39 PM
That's a great review, thanks!

NonStopTuning
06-09-2009, 04:41 PM
That's a great review, thanks!

+1 :thumbup:

lammy29
06-20-2009, 09:17 AM
is it jus the crank for the 1.8 or all do you do the set of 3 too?

NonStopTuning
06-20-2009, 02:23 PM
We offer a crank pulley at the moment. We may offer a few more pieces in the future if this piece is well received.

andries
07-25-2009, 11:42 AM
Cali Yaris send me one to Netherlands. Soon it wil fit.
When fit I write my experiences here.

andries
08-05-2009, 01:20 AM
Amazing product!

Probably the best bang for the buck out there for the 2ZR-FE engine. :thumbsup:

The NST underdrive pulley provides gains all across the rev band...

Don't buy it expecting a huge improvement... but I can tell you this is something that you can actually feel! :thumbup:
Other impressions:

The throttle response is improved... I love that rev matching down shifting is easier and smoother now.

For the people worried about the use of an under drive pulley...
I have a audio system, 6 speakers and use the A/C ... no problems two days of driving!!

Thanks NST!! :thumbsup:

I agree what CASTREX wrote.

NonStopTuning
08-11-2009, 02:31 PM
I agree what CASTREX wrote.

Glad to hear it sir. Thank you for supporting NST and MI :thumbsup::thumbsup:

andries
08-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Glad to hear it sir. Thank you for supporting NST and MI :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oke, hopefully more Dutch people find your products and shops.
In any case the have your internet addresses. I put them on the forum of the Dutch Yarisclub.:wink:

NonStopTuning
08-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Oke, hopefully more Dutch people find your products and shops.
In any case the have your internet addresses. I put them on the forum of the Dutch Yarisclub.:wink:

Awesome :clap: Thanks again!!!

NonStopTuning
10-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Only three pieces left. After these are gone, it may be a while before we can offer any new pieces for the TS. It may be now or never for anyone who has been holding off.

shtou
10-21-2009, 01:29 AM
Only three pieces left. After these are gone, it may be a while before we can offer any new pieces for the TS. It may be now or never for anyone who has been holding off.

how much costs?including the shipping to Romania.Does it feel some fuel economy?because the winter is coming,and my fuel consumption grows up to 11,5L/100km in the city(and drive normaly not sport)..compare to 8-9L/100km is summer..:frown:.thanks

NonStopTuning
10-21-2009, 02:15 AM
International shipping is available via USPS Global Priority Mail and the exact cost for each order is calculated by our online shopping cart at the time of each purchase.

Most customers see better fuel economy all year long, when using our lightweight pulleys.

Only three pieces left if anyone is interested!

shtou
10-21-2009, 02:18 AM
International shipping is available via USPS Global Priority Mail and the exact cost for each order is calculated by our online shopping cart at the time of each purchase.

Most customers see better fuel economy all year long, when using our lightweight pulleys.

Only three pieces left if anyone is interested!

so to make an order from Europe,i must use microimage site or nonstoptuning?

NonStopTuning
10-21-2009, 02:21 AM
so to make an order from Europe,i must use microimage site or nonstoptuning?

I'm not sure if MicroImageOnline offers international shipping at the moment. If they do, they are a great place to order our products.

NonStopTuning is also a great place to buy NonStopTuning products and offers international shipping on all items.

andries
10-26-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm not sure if MicroImageOnline offers international shipping at the moment. If they do, they are a great place to order our products.

NonStopTuning is also a great place to buy NonStopTuning products and offers international shipping on all items.

MicroImageOnline has send the TS 1.8 pulley to me in Netherlands(europe)

In one week the postal service gif it to me at my door.

NonStopTuning
10-26-2009, 11:00 PM
MicroImageOnline has send the TS 1.8 pulley to me in Netherlands(europe)

In one week the postal service gif it to me at my door.

tcpty
10-26-2009, 11:47 PM

OK Mike, so, I bought my pulley 2 days ago from you (including the SSK and and metal bushings) this means 2 pulleys left? Do I have a collector's item? :)

Here in Panama there are definitely very few 1.8 TS's here but I am really lucky and proud to own one. For what I can gather over the web, few performance improvements to buy...

I was looking at a supercharger kit from Bemani in Germany for the 1.8 TS (http://www.bemani.ch/Toyota_Yaris_K.htm) to make HP's more in tune with the Cooper S crowd... (hmmm it would be really nice to beat one of those straight up! :) but there is little or no info/parts... sad...

CASTREX
10-27-2009, 09:56 AM
OK Mike, so, I bought my pulley 2 days ago from you (including the SSK and and metal bushings) this means 2 pulleys left? Do I have a collector's item? :)

Here in Panama there are definitely very few 1.8 TS's here but I am really lucky and proud to own one. For what I can gather over the web, few performance improvements to buy...

I was looking at a supercharger kit from Bemani in Germany for the 1.8 TS (http://www.bemani.ch/Toyota_Yaris_K.htm) to make HP's more in tune with the Cooper S crowd... (hmmm it would be really nice to beat one of those straight up! :) but there is little or no info/parts... sad...

Welcome mi Pana!!

The Bemani Kompressor is super expensive... Is over $10K I believe.

Right now I'm in the process of customizing a Turbo for my TS. Is cheaper and easier...

tcpty
11-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Welcome mi Pana!!

The Bemani Kompressor is super expensive... Is over $10K I believe.

Right now I'm in the process of customizing a Turbo for my TS. Is cheaper and easier...

What? $10K?? Ok, maybe not :frown:

The problem with Turbos is that the most important part is really not hardware, but the software! The tuner HAS to dial that baby right to make the most

I will sacrifice a quart of oil to the gods of speed for you !!! :burnrubber: