PDA

View Full Version : [HELP] Anyone knows where to Install this Alarm??

DerKaiZeRs
12-03-2008, 07:53 AM
Hi Guys...

just a short question,

I bought alarm from E-bay..

here is the link:
CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK! (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SPY-TWO-LCD-CAR-ALARM-REMOTE-ENGINE-STARTING-SYS_W0QQitemZ290280134732QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33721Q QtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262)

I went to WestSide Car Audio at Scarborough this afternoon.
and the mechanic said that this alarm is too complicated to install since I asked them to make the remote starter works. :tongue:

They need to bypass the immobilizer system from the key to make remote starter works... and after 3 hours they gave up and told me that they can't do that... :cry::cry:

Anyone who lives in Perth knows other place where I could install this alarm....?? with reasonable price of course :tongue::tongue:

Need some advices please... :cry::cry:

Masteraal
12-03-2008, 08:26 AM
fuck thats a nice looking thing u have there

but im not too sure if remote starting is legal and if u have a manual afaik u need to put the clutch in to start it

i hope u have an auto heh

DerKaiZeRs
12-03-2008, 08:29 AM
i know that remote starter is illegal here.. :biggrin::biggrin:

but, since the alarm coming with this option.. I think I should try it.. :biggrin:

mine is auto.. so It should be work right? :redface:

TinyGiant
12-03-2008, 08:43 AM
illegal to remote start? why?

Masteraal
12-03-2008, 09:05 AM
illegal to remote start? why?

we are australian... its illegal to do anything over here :P

Tamago
12-03-2008, 09:08 AM
you have to sacrifice one of your transponder keys.. it should go in an amplifier box and the "antenna" is situated around the ignition switch.. they only work once in awhile (learned this working at toyota lol)

TinyGiant
12-03-2008, 09:13 AM
wow. is there a reason for it? or is it just some stupid rule. Here i was thinking Australia was a lawless crocadile hunter infested island that the UK used for prisioners .. lol j/p I personally dont like remote start. now if i could remote start and drive it to me via a cool watch that would be different..

Tamago
12-03-2008, 09:22 AM
wow. is there a reason for it? or is it just some stupid rule. Here i was thinking Australia was a lawless crocadile hunter infested island that the UK used for prisioners .. lol j/p I personally dont like remote start. now if i could remote start and drive it to me via a cool watch that would be different..

i <3 my remote start :) allows the car to warm up before driving to work, allows turbo to cool after getting to work :D

djgab101
12-03-2008, 09:24 AM
hey the best place that i can think of that might do it would be a place in perth called beyond customs....

here is there website
http://www.beyondcustom.com.au/contact2.php

give them a call and ask them.... can u please reply and tell me if they do it becuase i was going to get a similar alarm and i couldnt find anyone to install it!!! please let me know on the progress of the alarm installation ......

saspy
12-04-2008, 09:48 AM
get your black key, cut the head off, stick it under and near your ignition switch using super glue. and there you have it.

way two, re-program the ecu

DerKaiZeRs
12-09-2008, 09:14 AM
i prefer to choose the last option.

Do you know where I can do that?