PDA

View Full Version : shit load of scratches/scuffs

darkmoon87
12-14-2008, 07:50 PM
right behind the door handles, curved inwards, there are shit load of feather scratches and scuffs.

where did they come from????

I never use abrasive material to wash my car; infact, I am pretty nutty and religious when it comes down to car detailing. I used to work in the detail shop so I know what I am doing (at least I know what I SHOULD NOT DO to create any such thing on my car)

Kaotic Lazagna
12-14-2008, 07:59 PM
right behind the door handles, curved inwards, there are shit load of feather scratches and scuffs.

where did they come from????

I never use abrasive material to wash my car; infact, I am pretty nutty and religious when it comes down to car detailing. I used to work in the detail shop so I know what I am doing (at least I know what I SHOULD NOT DO to create any such thing on my car)

They come from people opening your door, and their finger nails scrape against the curve when grabbing the handles.

_S7V7N_
12-14-2008, 09:19 PM
i agree with the above, just use a lil bit of polish compound or medium compound on a rag and it should come off, after that put a good layer of wax on that part of the door should help you with the problem. i find it's a common problem cause most people forget to wax that part of the door.

darkmoon87
12-16-2008, 03:06 AM
the thing is, the driver's side has the equal amount of scuffs compared to other 3. And I am the only one who drives the car.

If it actually did came from passengers carelessly opening doors and creating the scratches with their fingernails, how come there's the same amount of the scratches on the driver's side as well?

Hell, how nutty I am, I will explain. You know the silver polished round edge around the ignition key hole? I do not have a single scratch on that trim around the keyhole just because I am so OCD when it comes down to taking care of my car.

I just don't get it!! Where do these thing come from?!

Fuck. Scratch X time. I should do it in the next spring. I have to clay my car anyways, so might as well do it at the same time :(

Kaotic Lazagna
12-16-2008, 03:30 AM
Wind turbulence and crap in the air????? LOL. The three passenger door handles on mine have more than the driver side ones.

_S7V7N_
12-16-2008, 10:27 AM
Darkmoon my cars white too, same problem, but not permanent, that stuff comes right out. And on claying your car remember there's different grades of clay - medium and fine grade, depending on how gritty your car is.

darkmoon87
12-17-2008, 12:16 AM
And on claying your car remember there's different grades of clay - medium and fine grade, depending on how gritty your car is.

This one I had not known. I purchased Meguire's Clay Kit and that did the trick when I clayed my car last September.

I guess I don't really have to worry unless I live near a desert or something.

Thanks for a good info there

_S7V7N_
12-17-2008, 01:04 AM
actually bro oxidation is the primary purpose of claying your car, most people call it road grime, but next time you see an older model white car and it looks yellow, tht's oxidation, once it gets to that point you'll have to three stage buff it to hopefully bring the paint back to life. I clay my car about every 4-6 months just to get the layers of wax off and any other crap that may stick to the paint. throw a good sealant on it then i throw a nice coat of Liquid Glass on, that stuff lasts a good 4-6 months if you rinse your car regularly.