PDA

View Full Version : Speakers and Systems???

addicted2speed
08-05-2006, 01:11 PM
I don't know much about wireing and all that but I was wondering if you can wire nicer speakers to the stock radio plate? I'm new to this, please help me out:help: :help:

plushDJ
08-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Yes, you can............................................... ..:biggrin:

Violin
08-05-2006, 01:50 PM
The stock speakers are really pretty crummy. The factory radio/CD isn't half bad. Decent speakers are fairly eady to intall (if a little time consuming) and make a huge difference in sound.

ChinoCharles
08-05-2006, 03:18 PM
Honestly, adding speakers to the factory head unit will make only a marginal difference without adding an amp to power those speakers. Something to think about...

addicted2speed
08-05-2006, 04:49 PM
THANKS GUYS!:biggrin: I really appreciate it! Now is this a hard install especially with the amp? Music is BIG for me so I need it to sound as awesome as possible!!!

ChinoCharles
08-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Installing speakers alone = relatively simple.

Amp = not so much

Violin
08-05-2006, 06:59 PM
I disagree. I installed MB Quart component speaker with the factory head unit (and put sound damping/insulation all around) and the difference is significant.

The factory speakers are simple paper cones and sound very muddy.

The new ones give me very clean (if not terribly loud) sound.

I have a head unit ready to go in, I'm just waiting for an install kit so I plan to do more - but the speakers alone were worth doing.

You might consider installing the speakers on your own and paying someone to install an amp. You can really make a mess of things if you get in over your head.

Alexandre2k3
08-07-2006, 10:47 AM
installed my audiobahn amp in thirthy minutes becuase it was so easy, there is already the decent size hole under the passenger side to run power wire, and grounds wire was convient too. You should do it yourself, better than tursting others with an easy job.