PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust tips Sedan Liftback

tomjasz
08-08-2006, 05:55 PM
Are there two different part numbers and styles for sedan and liftback? Sedan model shipped for my hatchback model shows a bent tailpipe in the instructions. My liftback clearly has a straight pipe out of the muffler. The exhaust tip is angled...

Chris07LB
08-08-2006, 05:58 PM
Someone here posted almost the same thing.. they were sent a sedan TRD tip for their Liftback.. fit was fine, and actually looked better on the LB! Not sure it was an "angled" tip though. :confused:

Tom, can you post a pic of which tip you have? :thumbsup:

Violin
08-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Did you order from sparks by any chance?

I had the same problem with the tip that arrived last Friday for mine. I emailed Ken and he acknowledged that there was a screw up with the part number on their website. He is shipping a replacement tip to me with a return shipping label for the incorrect part.

Sometimes you get a better idea of what kind of outfit you're dealing with when things don't go so smoothly.

tomjasz
08-09-2006, 02:02 AM
Did you order from sparks by any chance?

I had the same problem with the tip that arrived last Friday for mine. I emailed Ken and he acknowledged that there was a screw up with the part number on their website. He is shipping a replacement tip to me with a return shipping label for the incorrect part.

Sometimes you get a better idea of what kind of outfit you're dealing with when things don't go so smoothly.

Yes I did and I posted the question after I emailed Ken.

Violin
08-09-2006, 05:46 AM
Here's what I got:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/1306819b.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/66243281.jpg

tomjasz
08-09-2006, 07:34 AM
Here's what I got:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/1306819b.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/66243281.jpg

Same here!! Ken responded, but I am a little more than dissapointed. My order took 2 weeks from order to delivery of wrong tip. Good prices and communication but darn slow shipping from my view.

PixieDawn
08-09-2006, 09:23 AM
it was me.. i got it from sparks and I got the bent tip not the str8 tip.. I emailed them and they never responded....I got mine weeks ago...they just ignored me... so I have started to buy my other parts eles where... the only thing that worries me is how close it sits to the bumper there is anbout 10mm but I check ir all time to make sure its not getting to hot...
heres the pic of it on....

Before:
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g242/pixiedawn_2007/yarisbackcopy-1.jpg

After

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g242/pixiedawn_2007/updatedback.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g242/pixiedawn_2007/closeupback.jpg

Chris07LB
08-09-2006, 09:33 AM
Here's what I got:

Want to sell it, or are you getting the correct replacement?

I actually like the way it looks on Pixies car, so if interested, please PM me. :smile:

tomjasz
08-09-2006, 09:53 AM
The Sedan model has either an upward or downward pitch when installed on the LB. It doesn't look as good as in the posted pictures IMO.:iono:

tomjasz
08-09-2006, 09:55 AM
The Sedan model has either an upward or downward pitch when installed on the LB. It doesn't look as good as in the posted pictures IMO.:iono:
It appears to be an upward pitch in Pixies post. A great place for moisture to collect.

Violin
08-09-2006, 09:58 AM
I assume I'm getting the correct part Chris. Ken said he was sending it yesterday. If not then yes, I'd be willing to sell it at cost though I'm not sure you'd like it.

BTW - where in NJ are you? I'm in East Brunswick.

Chris07LB
08-09-2006, 10:19 AM
BTW - where in NJ are you? I'm in East Brunswick.

Toms River, but work up in Linden. :cool:

PixieDawn
08-09-2006, 10:39 AM

The picute to me is exactly what it looks like in person on my car...my pictures are true to life...you have to work it on there a little to make sure the placement in correct and even.. but i also have it siting a little inset of the bumper to insure no rain gets in it.. and it does leave the 10mm gap the instrustion advises you to have between the bumper and the tip... i guess its what ever you like.. I wanted the other tip. but as stated sparks never wrote me back .. and I had it already installed so I am sure they wouldnt exchange it...

I might change it out one day,but it works for now.. better than what was there before lol ... I have had it on the car since umm I dont know ..mid july and no problems..

I will take a side picture for you guys so you can see how it looks that way since its the only pic I don't have of it...

Sparks Toyota-TRD
08-10-2006, 06:56 AM
The picute to me is exactly what it looks like in person on my car...my pictures are true to life...you have to work it on there a little to make sure the placement in correct and even.. but i also have it siting a little inset of the bumper to insure no rain gets in it.. and it does leave the 10mm gap the instrustion advises you to have between the bumper and the tip... i guess its what ever you like.. I wanted the other tip. but as stated sparks never wrote me back .. and I had it already installed so I am sure they wouldnt exchange it...

I might change it out one day,but it works for now.. better than what was there before lol ... I have had it on the car since umm I dont know ..mid july and no problems..

I will take a side picture for you guys so you can see how it looks that way since its the only pic I don't have of it...

Hi Pixie,

I have to apologize for our lack of response to you. As far as we can tell, the email did not reach us or we just fell on our faces. We always try to respond to everyone and no one is ever obligated to keep a part that's incorrect. We did have a site problem with the part number and a slight backorder problem from the factory originally, but all of that is worked out now. I would be happy to take back your original part for a full refund or swap it out for the correct one at our expense. Please let me know what you'd like to do and we'll do our best to help. You can best reach me at ken@sparkstoyota.com or on our toll free line at 866 249-3607 from 9-5 M-F EDT

Ken

Chris07LB
08-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Now thats service! :smile:

Ken's good people folks, as well as a supporting vendor here, let him make right on the deal.

Sparks Toyota-TRD
08-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Thank you very much for the support. It turns out that Dawn did send an email about her problem and we just missed it. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. Sorry about that Dawn.

I have the 3 correct tips here on my desk and at least 2 of them will be leaving today on Next Day Air. We'll also ship one to Dawn if she decides she wants it.

Ken
www.trdsparks.com

PixieDawn
08-10-2006, 11:59 AM
Thank you very much for the support. It turns out that Dawn did send an email about her problem and we just missed it. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. Sorry about that Dawn.

I have the 3 correct tips here on my desk and at least 2 of them will be leaving today on Next Day Air. We'll also ship one to Dawn if she decides she wants it.

Ken
www.trdsparks.com

Thanks Ken for you that :)... I will email you when I get home from work :)

:) I understand oversights .. I just thought I was being goofy lol .. I got mine when no one else had .. and I dont know much about cars.. so I just brushed it off to I was wrong lol ... :thumbup:

tomjasz
08-10-2006, 06:12 PM

Ken
www.trdsparks.com

I'm sold! Ken shipped my replacement OVERNIGHT before getting the mistake shipped back!!!:thumbsup: !!!! Great service at a cost to them. :thumbup: They've more than earned my business. :bow: I'm shopping for my 05 camry as soon as I post this!!! IT DOESN"T GET BETTER THAN A RESPONSIBLE SPONSOR LIKE THIS. (and I'm a cranky old fart!!!):drinking:

Chris07LB
08-11-2006, 12:17 PM
Ken, how much for one of these guys (& gal's) used tips their sending back? :biggrin:

Sparks Toyota-TRD
08-11-2006, 01:37 PM
When we get the one back from Dawn, I'll be happy to let you have that at cost if you like.

Ken

Sparks Toyota-TRD
08-11-2006, 01:42 PM
Thanks Ken for you that :)... I will email you when I get home from work :)

:) I understand oversights .. I just thought I was being goofy lol .. I got mine when no one else had .. and I dont know much about cars.. so I just brushed it off to I was wrong lol ... :thumbup:

Okay, great. Let me know what you'd like to do and we'll do our best to help. Have a good one.

Ken

Violin
08-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Mine will be in new condition when returned.

Thanks Ken. UPS says my tip was delivered this morning.

This has not been the smoothest web transaction I've ever made, but Sparks made everything right and probably lost money on this sale. Ken never tried to make excuses or pull the BS I've had other much larger e-tailers pull (I won't mention names but it rhymes with lambazon.com).

Sparks Toyota-TRD
08-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Thanks for letting me know. You're right about the losing money part. The posting error by our webperson caused us to inconvenience 4 customers by shipping the wrong parts and we lost about $100.00 in the transactions. Mistakes do happen, but we hate it when we don't end up with happy customers because of it. We've gone through the parts again and we believe that everything is on the site correct now. Thanks again for working with us and for the support. Have a great weekend.

Ken
www.trdsparks.com

Chris07LB
08-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Ken, how about Violin ^ just sends me his/her tip, instead of returning it to you, then you shipping it back? Maybe send a pickup tag, with my address on it? We are both in Jersey btw. :smile:

Sparks Toyota-TRD
08-14-2006, 02:49 PM
I think she's decided to keep the original one, but if that changes, I'll let you know.

Ken
www.trdsparks.com

Chris07LB
08-14-2006, 06:05 PM
Maybe YarisWorld will buy me one for all my How-To/DIY work.... :rolleyes: