esquiva
08-10-2006, 09:47 AM
:cool:

esquiva
08-10-2006, 09:52 AM
........................:smoking:

Alexandre2k3
08-10-2006, 11:21 AM
yo...engin coer looks great. what did you use?

fnkngrv
08-10-2006, 11:24 AM
very nice:clap: :thumbup:

I would love to do that with the exterior color of my car.

esquiva
08-10-2006, 11:25 AM
duplicolor paint....im actually just gonna test it out...id just redo it if anything happens...

my brother used it...he did not have any problems.....

Boo
08-10-2006, 12:50 PM
Very nice.. looks a lot better than solid color.

ECHOKnight2000
08-10-2006, 01:14 PM
duplicolor paint....im actually just gonna test it out...id just redo it if anything happens...

my brother used it...he did not have any problems.....

I did a similar thing with my ECHO sedan, and I used Duplicolor as well, like you I'm hoping it will hold out, at least for awhile:rolleyes: I know Duplicolor is a respected company for what they do, its just nice to know that someone else did it too so it gives me confidence in the product and maybe we can compare notes on how its holding out. Did you do anything besides clean the parts you colored? I just cleaned the parts I was going to color and then sprayed, since it has a self-adhesive promoter in it, don't need primer, but I'm wondering if I should have sanded it (at least alittle bit)...obviously not the rough kind but the wet dry sandpaper?? Did you sand it? Or just clean and painted it?
For the engine cover...is it just those two screws and then you can "pop" it off? I was considering coloring my cover as well and I know its the same as the Yaris.Thanks for the pics and for sharing!:thumbsup:

esquiva
08-10-2006, 09:06 PM
I did a similar thing with my ECHO sedan, and I used Duplicolor as well, like you I'm hoping it will hold out, at least for awhile:rolleyes: I know Duplicolor is a respected company for what they do, its just nice to know that someone else did it too so it gives me confidence in the product and maybe we can compare notes on how its holding out. Did you do anything besides clean the parts you colored? I just cleaned the parts I was going to color and then sprayed, since it has a self-adhesive promoter in it, don't need primer, but I'm wondering if I should have sanded it (at least alittle bit)...obviously not the rough kind but the wet dry sandpaper?? Did you sand it? Or just clean and painted it?
For the engine cover...is it just those two screws and then you can "pop" it off? I was considering coloring my cover as well and I know its the same as the Yaris.Thanks for the pics and for sharing!:thumbsup:
i believe it had 4 screws...the other 2 are at the front bottom part...

i first sanded it w/ super fine sand paper,cleaned it...i still applied primer...then applied the paint coatings ...i finsihed it off w/ top clear coat for protection

rstb88
08-10-2006, 09:34 PM
where did you get the paint primer and clear?

ECHOKnight2000
08-10-2006, 10:28 PM

You can either go to Duplicolor's web site and probably order or just go to your local auto parts store...I don't know about where you live but where I live I went to AutoZone, and one can of paint I believe (depending on what you get) is under $10. It depends on the place, some might have Duplicolor but it will be limited colors or product range that they offer, in that case order on line or just find another place that will or might have more options.

ECHOKnight2000
08-10-2006, 10:32 PM
i believe it had 4 screws...the other 2 are at the front bottom part...

i first sanded it w/ super fine sand paper,cleaned it...i still applied primer...then applied the paint coatings ...i finsihed it off w/ top clear coat for protection

Thanks for the help! Now I feel bad about how I painted mine, oh well, here's hoping it will hold out...I guess I was impatient and kind of rushed...I considered putting a clear coat but I read on some forums it can ruin the look, but obviously each persons experience is different.

riceboy
08-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Damn.. that's some nice work!

mikeukrainetz
08-10-2006, 11:51 PM
I painted mine with the same duplicolor product about four or five months ago now. Its held up fairly well be will peel if the surface isnt extremely clean or you slide something across it. I wiped it all down with grease remover twice, once before sanding and once after. I still had a couple places that had to be touched up because they wouldnt hold paint.

esquiva
08-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the help! Now I feel bad about how I painted mine, oh well, here's hoping it will hold out...I guess I was impatient and kind of rushed...I considered putting a clear coat but I read on some forums it can ruin the look, but obviously each persons experience is different.
i like the clear coat...and it protects the finish fom scratches, etc....

im sure ur would hold good enuff...if not u cud always sand it down and redo them...it aint really that hard...its 1 of the easiest modifications:thumbup:

esquiva
08-11-2006, 12:01 PM
Damn.. that's some nice work!
thanxxx:biggrin:

esquiva
08-11-2006, 12:02 PM
i like to buy at pepboys...they have more selection..at least from my area:cool:

johnnyfive
08-12-2006, 03:22 AM
did the same thing in mine except did the full center stack, including around the gauges, the sidecubby backwalls, the side air vents, and my gated shifter :)

i used rustolium for plastics (not as many color options) but i just wanted white, and have had great succes with its adheason, and durability in the past. I just clean surface with paint thinner (let it dry) and spray directly to the plastic, no primer needed (probably wouldnt hurt) I have heard of prople spraying some sort of added bonding agent before spraying, and they say it is "amazing" not sure of the exact product name, but they sprayed before and after primer. then i toped it off with rustolium chrystal clear enamel.

by the way, i really like the look of the bisque interior, think it flows alot better in t he two tone, than the dark charcoal :)

esquiva
08-12-2006, 10:28 AM
thanks... at fisrt i was opting for d charcoal...but i saw that it goes so well w/ the color of my car...:smile:

i wanna see how u did urs....any pix?

johnnyfive
08-12-2006, 09:26 PM
um...got some pics...but none good, ill get some shortly though :)

esquiva
08-13-2006, 04:01 PM
cool....lookin forward to it