PDA

View Full Version : Lloyd's Hexomat Floor Mats Installed...

fnkngrv
08-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Just in case anyone is interested I received my hexomat floor mats this morning. I can already tell that they are going to be great to have. They have small circular pockets to hold liquids if you were to spill or in the winter have snow and ice melt. They laser cut the mats to fit perfectly. Also in the sedan and probably even the hatch rather than having 2 seperate mats it is a single mat that fits perfectly as well. Once my Bazooka Tube is totally mounted down (waiting for a custom sport trunk mat to be cut to wrap around the mounting hardware) I am going to have the trunk mat sent as well.Here is a pic of the drivers side:
https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=att&disp=emb&attid=0.1&th=10cf86586b03e404

If anyone is interested you can pick them up here:
http://www.autoupgrade.net/RubberTite_Mats_2_Front_2_Rear_Mats_p/50-llrub1-2fr2rr.htm

Here is another image from the site itself with something spilled:
http://www.autoupgrade.net/photos/50-LLRUB1-2FR2RR-3.jpg

Chris07LB
08-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Nice! I'll need something for winter..

fnkngrv
08-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Yeah they have different colors as well....I had gone with the clear so that you could see the Yaris through it however it is a little tough to distinguish...no big deal tho.

fnkngrv
03-23-2011, 11:48 PM
for those that might be interested here is an updated link to the latest product:

http://www.autoupgradedirect.com/cart/pagedisp.php?id=29

jonathankoji
03-24-2011, 12:25 AM
I'd love to see some pics of them in your ride if you get the chance.
I was considering these but was torn between the Weathertech ones, so I've yet to order anything.

Lil Abner
03-24-2011, 10:56 AM
jonathankoji, I got the digital fit Weathertech mats, and I love them. My sister saw mine, and purchased a set for her new Sonata Turbo and her Sienna minivan (including the rear mat). Living in Michigan, the Weathertech ones hold the melted snow very well, and clean-up even better.

tk1971
03-24-2011, 11:50 AM
I wasn't aware that the Hexomat brand was also a LLoyd's brand. I got a set of the Lloyd's Rubbertite mats, which are very similar the Hexomats in my Expedition. The only difference is that the Rubbertites have little circles instead of the Hexomat's hexagons.

They both good for the general all-weather use here in California, but I don't think they'll hold alot of snow/rain.

jonathankoji
03-24-2011, 02:50 PM
jonathankoji, I got the digital fit Weathertech mats, and I love them. My sister saw mine, and purchased a set for her new Sonata Turbo and her Sienna minivan (including the rear mat). Living in Michigan, the Weathertech ones hold the melted snow very well, and clean-up even better.

Sweet, good to hear. I may end up going with those. Although we don't get much snow around here so I figure I don't need deep crevices to hold melting slush. It'll at least make vacuuming easier.

jonathankoji
03-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but what's even the benefit of having carpet floor mats?

fnkngrv
03-24-2011, 05:22 PM
I wasn't aware that the Hexomat brand was also a LLoyd's brand. I got a set of the Lloyd's Rubbertite mats, which are very similar the Hexomats in my Expedition. The only difference is that the Rubbertites have little circles instead of the Hexomat's hexagons.

They both good for the general all-weather use here in California, but I don't think they'll hold alot of snow/rain.

Well I lived and drove for several winters with them in my sedan, the ford freestar we had, pacifica, and mitsu galant. Never had an issue with snow or rain while dealing with North Eastern winters. The pics that I took with the mats installed are buried somewhere on one of my drives, but maybe I will drum them up sometime soon.

fnkngrv
03-24-2011, 05:24 PM

I think the weathertechs aren't a bad choice either however my experiences with them was that they would freeze into certain "shapes" because they held the water the way they did and they were just too bulky for me. I like to be able to pull the mats out whenever and wherever I want without any hassle. The hexomats allow me to do so. The bottom line will be what a consumer's needs are.