PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Mainfold Help!

Parmas
01-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Hi guys it has been lots of waiting for my project to commence (turboecho2005 1NZFE forged motor). Yesterday we decided to begin and after many discussion we concluded that we have a fitting problem since the turbo mainfold is designed to be for left hand drive only.
Because of the power steering pump and the master power brake the mainfold and intercooler tubing needs to be re-customized from scratch.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Tamago
01-13-2009, 10:06 AM
edit:

sounds like you're in trouble.. suggestions is to build new piping and manifold..

i'm sure you can sell the LHD piping/manifold to someone in the US and at least recoup some of your losses. i'd personally be interested in the manifold if it is a quality piece

cali yaris
01-13-2009, 10:45 AM
I can probably get you a mani like the one I have, but it's a cast log-style, not long-tube like yours.

Tamago
01-13-2009, 10:58 AM
I can probably get you a mani like the one I have, but it's a cast log-style, not long-tube like yours.

is yours the same as mine? a RevHard piece?

at3GG
01-13-2009, 11:43 AM
cali, the manifold you would be able to get.....would it be able to be made to fit different turbos or just the garret unit your currently using?

Parmas
01-13-2009, 12:03 PM
edit:

sounds like you're in trouble.. suggestions is to build new piping and manifold..

i'm sure you can sell the LHD piping/manifold to someone in the US and at least recoup some of your losses. i'd personally be interested in the manifold if it is a quality piece

I just checked in with the guy making the new mani me. He said that if I want to use some flanges and points of the present mainfold will reduce much costs although it is a true disappointment to ruin a mainfold like this.

If you are really interested you can point me out how much it's worth for you including shipping costs.

Here are some pics I will try to get some better views tommorrow. Do you need the intercooler tubing aswell?

Tamago
01-13-2009, 12:34 PM
that's a BEAUTIFUL setup.. please don't cut it up! it's worth much more in one piece! i say

cali yaris
01-13-2009, 12:40 PM
agreed, will get back to you on mine, it has a standard 4-point mount, so I think more than one turbo will fit on there. I know I could go to a GT28 and keep it for example.

at3GG
01-13-2009, 01:28 PM
ahh...im referring to the ko3 every one has talked about in particular. Thanks for the help!

Parmas
01-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Hi guys the mainfold is expected to be sold at $520 excluding shipping. If anyone is interested reply as soon as possible. Time limit is within a week if no one is interested till then, the mainfold will be cut off to re-make a new one.

cali yaris
01-14-2009, 11:49 AM
are you including the downpipe with that? It seems that the downpipe is specific to that particular manifold.

Tamago
01-14-2009, 01:27 PM
are you including the downpipe with that? It seems that the downpipe is specific to that particular manifold.

as well as the charge piping... might as well sell the turbo with it too...

Parmas :( looks like you got sold a white elephant! let's hope the engine itself is in good enough shape to hold up!

Parmas
01-14-2009, 01:44 PM
The intercooler piping is not included. I will estimate a price for that. Although the turbo will not be sold at least for now!

cali yaris
01-14-2009, 04:27 PM
my question was about the downpipe.

Parmas
01-14-2009, 06:44 PM
my question was about the downpipe.

No neither the downpipe was included.

By the way a person suggested to check whether the mainfold can be mounted upside down. Although the downpipe and intercooler tubing still will be needed to be re-customized from scratch but at least the big problem will be solved. Problem will be mainly because of space.

Do any of you thing this is possible?

Tamago
01-14-2009, 08:02 PM
you can't mount it upside down the bolts don't line up

turboyaris
01-14-2009, 08:16 PM
depending on the flange he could redrill is so it would, if the material was there. or he could just cut the flange off, turn it upside down and reweld it on.

cali yaris
01-14-2009, 09:14 PM
or he could bolt it to the other side.

turboyaris
01-14-2009, 09:16 PM
nah the intake ports are oval, not circlular

Parmas
01-14-2009, 09:23 PM
depending on the flange he could redrill is so it would, if the material was there. or he could just cut the flange off, turn it upside down and reweld it on.

In the meantime I was thinking what you just said above. Well I stick with turboyaris suggestion though!

pinoypizzaboy
01-14-2009, 11:19 PM
as well as the charge piping... might as well sell the turbo with it too...

Parmas :( looks like you got sold a white elephant! let's hope the engine itself is in good enough shape to hold up!

what's a white elephant? Sounds dirty

Tamago
01-15-2009, 08:59 AM
what's a white elephant? Sounds dirty

something that is useless

turboyaris
01-15-2009, 11:35 AM
something that is useless

OUCH!!! Tamago don't be so mean... What did a white elephant ever do to you? haha

Tamago
01-15-2009, 01:49 PM
OUCH!!! Tamago don't be so mean... What did a white elephant ever do to you? haha

useless to him i should have said...

Parmas
01-24-2009, 06:37 PM
After many ups and downs I decided to sell the turbo exhaust 1NZFE mainfold custom tuned by TurbineTech Jess. If anyone is interested pm me.

The price is dropped to a fair $450. The item will be polished, well packaged and is intended to be shipped by FeDEX with an insurance preference.

cali yaris
01-25-2009, 02:13 PM
My understanding from Jess is that the power steering pump must be moved or removed to make room for this manifold. Do you know if that's true?

turboecho2005
01-25-2009, 03:26 PM
My understanding from Jess is that the power steering pump must be moved or removed to make room for this manifold. Do you know if that's true?

Yes... the car was designed for an echo with no power steering.

Parmas
01-25-2009, 08:08 PM

Yes but in right hand drive there is more things to consider like the master brake cylinder/reservouir and pedal connections. It would be much worth for me to make another just the opposite of that!

PHXDEMON
01-31-2009, 05:44 PM
So is that price including the downpipe?

Parmas
01-31-2009, 09:40 PM
So is that price including the downpipe?

The price is for the 4 in 1 mainfold only mate

Tamago
01-31-2009, 09:43 PM
or he could bolt it to the other side.

:laugh::laugh: