PDA

View Full Version : New wheel ?

RHDVIPbB
01-26-2009, 10:59 PM
I have a set of 17x7.5 Maas rims. This is my question. I had to have hubcentric rings on the tC, but I am not sure about my Yaris sedan. The dealership has been no help and I searched, but didn't find much here.
How do I find out what size I need or even if I need them at all. I want to put a spacer in the rear to make the rear fit flush with the fender.

Any answers and suggestions will be appreciated.

kimona
01-26-2009, 11:16 PM
What exactly is the question?

RHDVIPbB
01-26-2009, 11:59 PM
Do I need a hubcentric ring for the yaris? Sorry, new to this car, still used to Scions.

Spades
01-27-2009, 12:24 AM
uh. well, i have VERY wide wheels and tires on my sedan, and they almost rub in the back, and when i ran a slightly wider tire, they did rub in the front. i would think that if you have a wide enough rim like mine, with a wide series of tire, that you wouldnt need a spacer for that. and if you drop it, i doubt you could go out much further than mine are.

note: i am running taller/wider tires on a 17" rim to help fill the gap because i dont plan on lowering the car soon due to finances and because of the roads and driveways around here.

RHDVIPbB
01-27-2009, 04:10 AM
Thanks. I don't like really low profile tires either. Well I guess I don't need the spacer or hubcentric ring. Now to wait for my tires to be delivered and mounted before I can put them on.

thebarber
01-27-2009, 08:55 AM
lol hubcentric rings have nothing to do w/ spacers....

if the center bore of your aftermarket rims are bigger than the hub of your yaris (which it almost certainly is) you should get hub rings for your rims....

hub centers on aftermarket rims are often in the area of 73mm so they can be used on a wide variety of vehicles....iirc, the yaris centers are 53.1mm (same as a miata)

RHDVIPbB
01-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Sweet. Thanks.

kimona
01-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Hubcentric rings are the way to go. They make for a tight fitment and may eliminate vibration at speed. Maas wheels are available from many shops, so just contact one, tell them the model name and your application, and have them send you the rings. Or, call Mass Wheels directly @ 866-978-4737.

RHDVIPbB
01-28-2009, 11:32 AM
thanks for the number. I have the boxes, but my computer won't let me access their website.

kimona
01-28-2009, 12:17 PM
thanks for the number. I have the boxes, but my computer won't let me access their website.

Dozens of Maas sellers. Anyone of them can probably set you up with hubcentric rings for that wheel.