PDA

View Full Version : Lied to?

emtoo42
01-29-2009, 05:49 PM
When I bought my yaris last december I was willing to pay whatever it took to get what I wanted. My dealer told me the Yaris Hatchback S was unable to have automatic doors and windows, yet I could install an automatic sunroof (which I did). I feel like this can't be true. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

jvgillow
01-29-2009, 06:33 PM
The Liftback S definitely has the option of power doors/windows/mirrors, mine has that.

Wish mine had a sunroof though, that's pretty cool that they offered that to you. Was it already installed when you test drove the car, or did they send it off afterwards to a custom shop to have it added?

PreciousPups4U
01-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Short answer is...............Yes, you were lied to. Sorry!:frown:

Some salespeople suck or maybe they didn't know and didn't take the time to find out.

Bob_VT
01-30-2009, 05:09 AM
Yarisworld, Sales brochures, internet, other dealers..... there are so many sources of information........... look in a mirror...... it's just as much your fault for not doing the homework.

Toyota does varied equipment depending on the region or part of the country too.....

Onyx is a prime example.......

Feel like you were lied to...... call Toyota ...... it's toll free.

nemelek
01-30-2009, 06:36 AM
There will be a survey coming on your new purchase. I actually had the dealer call me back after a few negative remarks. In my experience the salesman is not your friend. You will never go out to dinner with him/her. The second you walk off the lot they are unemployed untill a new customer shows up. Their job is to sell cars. They will do or say anything to accomplish that task.

Bob_VT
01-30-2009, 04:38 PM
There will be a survey coming on your new purchase. I actually had the dealer call me back after a few negative remarks. In my experience the salesman is not your friend. You will never go out to dinner with him/her. The second you walk off the lot they are unemployed untill a new customer shows up. Their job is to sell cars. They will do or say anything to accomplish that task.

Depending on the dealership the Sales Satisfaction Survey is the ULTIMATE BURN for a dealer.

TEHxFALLEN V1.2
01-31-2009, 03:36 PM
I get lied too all the time, so I'm use to it :)