PDA

View Full Version : PE Boosted Yaris Video

jinxor
01-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Hello Guys,

This is just a video of a yaris boosted with the PE Supercharger. I hope it might be helpful to those who are interested

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh3ryyqtnG4&feature=related

PETERPOOP
01-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Yah, i posted this on the original PE thread. It's just a video of an engine idling. nothing that most of us want to see from a video of a PE s/c kit on a yaris.

Phaeton
01-30-2009, 12:09 AM
If it's really that loud, who the hell would want it?

taKuto
01-30-2009, 08:01 AM
sounds like the same loudness as my CAI under cold idle.

saplaymate
01-30-2009, 08:14 PM
That was Rob's car. The kit was installed (by Power USA) without the filter or oil cooler; and with a pried into place belt. Needless to say that charger died shortly after!

whooppee777
01-31-2009, 03:43 PM
If it's really that loud, who the hell would want it?

r u kidding me? thats not loud at all. the louder the better

frownonfun
01-31-2009, 04:06 PM
loud or quiet or whatever the video doesn't show the car doing much of anything but sitting there. i don't think anyone is out to improve their "sitting at a red light" performance. not trying to knock PE but it'd be nice to see the car moving. ideally head to head with a blitz supercharged yaris but that's just my opinion.

AlexNet0
01-31-2009, 04:14 PM
+1

PETERPOOP
01-31-2009, 04:18 PM
loud or quiet or whatever the video doesn't show the car doing much of anything but sitting there. i don't think anyone is out to improve their "sitting at a red light" performance. not trying to knock PE but it'd be nice to see the car moving. ideally head to head with a blitz supercharged yaris but that's just my opinion.

Yah it'd be nice, but as of now there are no USDM yaris with the PE kit. PE is offering a kit for $3100 (way below msrp) in another thread. If you choose to purchase that one, you must sign a contract that entales: video, testimony, and a car meet. At that time, PE will have videos to satisfy people's curiousity about this kit. Atleast they are doing their part in trying to give people what they want (videos,dynos,etc..)

Now someone in that area step up and buy this thing! If I was there, I would in a heartbeat.

djgab101
01-31-2009, 10:39 PM
that video kinda sucked no reving no 0-60 :(

ddongbap
02-05-2009, 02:46 AM
That was Rob's car. The kit was installed (by Power USA) without the filter or oil cooler; and with a pried into place belt. Needless to say that charger died shortly after!

Nah, I installed it at my friends garage.

ddongbap
02-05-2009, 02:47 AM

I installed that kit by myself. No labor from PE, so don't assume that the video was a PE video.

SilverBack
02-05-2009, 03:05 AM
Got any vids of it in action?

Off-topic: What's up with the "Pneuma Rock-Paper-Scissors" vid in your profile? lol

ddongbap
02-05-2009, 05:32 PM
My church kiddies.

frownonfun
02-05-2009, 10:00 PM
I installed that kit by myself. No labor from PE, so don't assume that the video was a PE video.

ok, i didn't. that's why i even said, "not trying to knock PE" because i assumed this useless video was not affiliated with them.

Marfulion
02-05-2009, 10:09 PM
dam i dont understand if they have these kits all over europe and japan, how the hell is it that there is no videos wat so ever. There has got to be some video evidence of this car in action with the kit somewhere, how is it possible that no body from europe or japan has even considered uploading a simple vid? Am i right?

PETERPOOP
02-06-2009, 02:33 AM
Trust me, we had this discussion before. PE is doing their part on trying to sell a kit cheap to someone. This person will makes the videos we all want. Beating a dead horse...