phenoyz
02-01-2009, 03:26 AM
which has overall better quality lowering springs:
TRD, tanabe or tein?
cornering, ride comfort, durability
plan to lower soon :burnrubber:

thebarber
02-01-2009, 09:23 AM
durability, im sure theyll all be the same since youre somewhere warm. however, the lower the drop, the quicker itll wear out your stock shocks/struts.

comfort...i believe that TRD uses progressive spring rates, so the more theyre compressed, the firmer then get...so theyll feel most like stock until you push the car

cornering is hard to say...depends on how hard you drive. imo, the tanabe df's and the teins are pretty soft especially for how low they drop. so if you turn hard and hit a bump, youre more likely to hit a bumpstop vs the ride height on the TRD's

Kaotic Lazagna
02-01-2009, 07:41 PM
I don't have a problem with cornering with the S.Tech's, but I'll tell you know that the TRD's are most likely more comfortable than they are. My family and friends complain all of the time about the ride quality (I want it stiffer tho).

Herbicidal
02-04-2009, 11:33 PM
I ran Tanabe's for a few months, switched to TRD's and haven't look back! The car sits fractionally higher with the TRD's but you really can't tell. I like the ride better and the TRD's are progressive. No problem with ride quality and no complaints from my family members. I'm still running stock shocks.

My vote is for the TRD's. :thumbsup:

phenoyz
02-05-2009, 03:37 AM
I ran Tanabe's for a few months, switched to TRD's and haven't look back! The car sits fractionally higher with the TRD's but you really can't tell. I like the ride better and the TRD's are progressive. No problem with ride quality and no complaints from my family members. I'm still running stock shocks.

My vote is for the TRD's. :thumbsup:

what kind of tanabe did you have b4?
ust got mine rpf1 15,(wanted the lightweight)
probably gonna get trd too

Herbicidal
02-05-2009, 10:01 AM
what kind of tanabe did you have b4?
ust got mine rpf1 15,(wanted the lightweight)
probably gonna get trd too

I had the DF210's. No matter what springs you go with, make sure to get an alignment about a week after the install.

SEVEN
02-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Most comments are tanabe vs. trd ... anyone has tried both trd and tein???? cus' I have TRD and I like it a lot .. but I'm looking for lower and stiffer ... are tein springs the one for me or not???

Kaotic Lazagna
02-07-2009, 11:56 PM
Yeah, the Tein S.Tech's are most likely stiffer than the TRD's (not sure what the spring rate on those are since they are progressive, and I don't feel like googling right now). If I remember correctly, the S.Tech's are 3.0kg in the front and 3.5kg in the rear. It's also almost twice the drop of the TRD's, but for PR, I'm going to assume you'd want to stray away from being that low (from what members here say).

SEVEN
02-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Yeah, the Tein S.Tech's are most likely stiffer than the TRD's (not sure what the spring rate on those are since they are progressive, and I don't feel like googling right now). If I remember correctly, the S.Tech's are 3.0kg in the front and 3.5kg in the rear. It's also almost twice the drop of the TRD's, but for PR, I'm going to assume you'd want to stray away from being that low (from what members here say).

Definitely!! cus' most of the streets here suck ... your government gives our government a whole lot of money so we that we get streets as good as yours .. but our sucky government takes most of the money and puts it in their pockets and we get ... THE WORST STREETS EVAH!!!

still ... I HEART LOW CARS!!! I'll probably get the teins if I confirm that the teins are stiffer than the trds

Nagoya_TRD.
02-09-2009, 11:59 AM
I hear the tanabes have pretty good ride quality. Maybe not as stiff, but better on the street. Not sure about the S.Techs