PDA

View Full Version : Waterless car wash

Cutie Pie #2
02-07-2009, 03:43 PM
I just ordered some waterless car wash from ecotouch. Just wanted to know if anyone has used this wash before. Just was curious of how good it works. I ordered the wash and polish for now. We don't have an outside hose, so I always have to go to a car wash or wash it at my parents house.

Here's a link:
http://www.ecotouch.net/

PETERPOOP
02-07-2009, 04:12 PM
the idea of dragging dirt and stuff across my paint without using water makes me go eek. make sure to use microfiber towels at all times during this.

WeeYari
02-07-2009, 04:22 PM
I think you're gonna be the guinea pig on this one. Let us know how it works out. Right now I'm with Peter...eeekk!!!!

Return of the Yarii
02-07-2009, 04:37 PM
I've used Griots Garage waterless car wash and its perfect. I would assume the product you purchased is similiar. No worries....

CTScott
02-07-2009, 09:30 PM
I just ordered some waterless car wash from ecotouch. Just wanted to know if anyone has used this wash before. Just was curious of how good it works. I ordered the wash and polish for now. We don't have an outside hose, so I always have to go to a car wash or wash it at my parents house.

Here's a link:
http://www.ecotouch.net/

I used it a few times on my white Subaru Forrester. It was fine for summer dirty (tree pollen etc.), but definitely a no-go for our winter sand and salt grime, unless I hosed it off first (which of course ruins the whole principal of a waterless wash).

Cutie Pie #2
02-07-2009, 10:20 PM
I used it a few times on my white Subaru Forrester. It was fine for summer dirty (tree pollen etc.), but definitely a no-go for our winter sand and salt grime, unless I hosed it off first (which of course ruins the whole principal of a waterless wash).

I'm basically going to be using it for the spring/summer time.

Nagoya_TRD.
02-09-2009, 12:04 PM
I tried waterless wash a while ago, not this particular brand, on a black car.

It failed miserably.

nsmitchell
02-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Sounds interesting. I can't wait for the review. Possibly some before and after pics...

supmet
02-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Contains: Water, Plant-derived surfactants (coconut), Degradable polymers, Soy Solvent, Preservative (.05%). No fragrances, dyes or phosphates.

LIES!!!

Cutie Pie #2
02-17-2009, 05:25 PM
I just got the wash yesterday, tried it out today, I had already washed the car at a brushless wash a few days ago so it was pretty clean to begin with. It works good since my car only had a little dirt on it, I don't think it would work good if it was really dirty though. It got dark fast so, I couldn't not take any pictures, next time I will take some before and after pictures.

Klink10
02-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Faster and easier sometimes isn't always better. I have to agree with those that say no. Now have I tried it....no. Will I try it....no. Do wish you good luck however.

bearda
02-18-2009, 06:23 AM
If you don't have access to a hose but can still fill a bucket check out the Optimum no rinse car wash. You can just fill a bucket in your tub once or twice without a hose. I've used it in the summer and it worked pretty well, but I've never tried to take off road salt with it.

id3379
02-22-2009, 06:50 PM
i'll stick to my water.