PDA

View Full Version : Represent yarisworld.com!!

ChinoCharles
08-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Hey admin gods, how about a vector based YW.com logo for some vinyl applications? I want to let everyone know where I find out all this cool shit about my car. :smoking:

TrancosRt
08-17-2006, 01:19 PM
That would be cool. It's a shame that Illustrator is not my cup of tea, or I would do the rasterized->vector conversion myself (I've have some spare time right now :P)

fnkngrv
08-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Having the top banner across the rear window would be cool....and no I don't give a shite if peeps think it is dumb....I LIKE IT.

MWill517
08-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Had some free time as I read this....I was thinking.......YARIS World window decals, YARIS World chrome badges, YARIS World graphics packages !!!

OK, maybe thats getting a little extreme, but a decal would be cool:thumbsup:

Chris07LB
08-17-2006, 06:12 PM
Hows about something kinda like the ScionLife.com logo stickers?

MWill517
08-17-2006, 06:14 PM
I see Yarisowners.com has decals now. Something like that would be nice.

slvryaris
08-17-2006, 08:13 PM
WOW MWILL517 thats looks bad ass. Its to bad my phototshop skills blow.:thumbsup:

DJ_Trizzak
08-17-2006, 10:19 PM
ya how about a yarisworld.com decal - different sizes and colors! - I wouldn't mind putting that on my car and advertising it

yaris-intuit
08-19-2006, 11:41 PM
Illustrator is my thing. Do you admin gods have a larger decent version of Yaris World logo? I don't have much extra time but I could squeeze it in.

YarisBueller
08-20-2006, 08:20 AM
I think yarisworld decals like the one MWill made (the bottom left of his photoshop) would be sick! I have no problem at all paying to get these made for everyone. 2 problems tho, I dont know much about decals, anyone know how I can get these made, or is another yarisworld member able to make them for everyone?

2) I dont really have a larger version of the yarisworld logo, the largest I have is the one you see in the header, the world part is just truetype that i can make as big as i want, its the Yaris part that I cant really make bigger without it looking like sheet. Any help you can offer is appreciated yaris-intuit.

Anyone that can pitch in a hand or give me direction on how to set this up for everyone would be much appreciated, can't wait to get this rolling!

yaris-intuit
08-20-2006, 09:43 AM
hey YarisBueller what font are you using for the word "WORLD" maybe I already have it? I found the Yaris logo online at "brandsoftheworld.com" in a vector format although it is a bit off from the one you are using. Usually the logos from there aren't the greatest but it is a starting point.

ChinoCharles
08-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Luckily, I have a buddy that is going to school at KSU for VCD and is an Illustrator god. He could probably recreate the logo in vector... Bueller, why don't you shoot me the world font in my e-mail and I'll direct everything to him.

YarisBueller
08-20-2006, 07:19 PM
The font I used for "world" is Franklin Gothic Heavy, anyone that uses Pshop should have htis font as standard. If he is going to use the current logo I have up there as a basis I can post a version of the complete logo on a plain background color to make it easier, let me know what would be best.

YarisBueller
08-20-2006, 07:22 PM
Heres the logo on a plain background

ChinoCharles
08-22-2006, 01:13 PM
Sorry, forgot about this thread until today haha. I'll be at his house tonight so I will see what he can do with it. Thanks Bueller!

Chris07LB
08-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Heres the logo on a plain background

Something this size, with the .com at the end, would be perfect for me. :smile:

esquiva
08-23-2006, 08:59 AM
i agree

grokdesigns
08-30-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm new around here, figured I'd take a shot at it:
http://www.grokdesigns.com/images/compare.jpg
The Yaris logo is a little different, I made this in 10 minutes, so I'll work on it more as time permits.

You can get the EPS file here:
http://www.grokdesigns.com/images/yaris_world.eps

Chris07LB
08-30-2006, 01:01 PM
The Yaris logo is a little different, I made this in 10 minutes, so I'll work on it more as time permits.

That's perfect.. All I said we ever needed.. no use reinventing the wheel on this one! :clap:

Slummy
08-30-2006, 04:32 PM
Looks great, nice and simple.

Yaris Yaba
08-30-2006, 04:41 PM
Had some free time as I read this....I was thinking.......YARIS World window decals, YARIS World chrome badges, YARIS World graphics packages !!!

OK, maybe thats getting a little extreme, but a decal would be cool:thumbsup:

i think is it's a bit to much, but good idea

Yaris Yaba
08-30-2006, 04:45 PM

I've been thinking about this topic and i say this should be the official logo, i'll try to make one by tomorrow.........:headbang:

YarisBueller
08-31-2006, 05:13 PM
THis weekend i'm going to work on the EPS file myself to spruce it up just a little bit more then hopefuly see about getting some stickers mass produced, I really hope we can get something out there that looks as good as it does on the monitor, then we can say we made our stickers ourselves as a community! im definitly excited to get this done, cant wait for the weekend when i have some time !

grokdesigns
09-01-2006, 01:41 PM
THis weekend i'm going to work on the EPS file myself to spruce it up just a little bit more then hopefuly see about getting some stickers mass produced, I really hope we can get something out there that looks as good as it does on the monitor, then we can say we made our stickers ourselves as a community! im definitly excited to get this done, cant wait for the weekend when i have some time !
I'll also work on it this weekend, I should have something on Monday or Tuesday.

YarisBueller
09-01-2006, 03:52 PM
I'll also work on it this weekend, I should have something on Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks man, i've already completed the logo design so it may be redundant, but feel free if you wish. Now im hunting down the printing side of all this, getting some quotes and samples, lets hope we can find someone reliable to print these

grokdesigns
09-01-2006, 07:51 PM
Thanks man, i've already completed the logo design so it may be redundant, but feel free if you wish. Now im hunting down the printing side of all this, getting some quotes and samples, lets hope we can find someone reliable to print these
No problem. A word of advice on the stickers, I would stay away from anything printed and stick to straight cut vinyl. Unless they're screenprinted, the printing quality won't look that great and will most likely be more expensive. I worked in a business that did decals for a few years and I'd highly recommend cut vinyl instead of printed. You may have meant cut vinyl when you said printing, so everything I just typed may have been for nothing.:laugh:

YarisBueller
09-02-2006, 07:58 AM
No problem. A word of advice on the stickers, I would stay away from anything printed and stick to straight cut vinyl. Unless they're screenprinted, the printing quality won't look that great and will most likely be more expensive. I worked in a business that did decals for a few years and I'd highly recommend cut vinyl instead of printed. You may have meant cut vinyl when you said printing, so everything I just typed may have been for nothing.:laugh:

Yea it looks like we're going for cut vinyl, now what if we get 4 color printing on the cut vinyl ? That way we can print the logo with the silver fade that the one on the header has... ?

grokdesigns
09-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Yea it looks like we're going for cut vinyl, now what if we get 4 color printing on the cut vinyl ? That way we can print the logo with the silver fade that the one on the header has... ?
It depends on the process used to print, if it's thermal (places like Kinko's, small sign and banner shops, etc. do this), it's going to suck. If you can find a place to screenprint and cut them, they should look great.

tomjasz
09-02-2006, 02:32 PM
It depends on the process used to print, if it's thermal (places like Kinko's, small sign and banner shops, etc. do this), it's going to suck. If you can find a place to screenprint and cut them, they should look great.

:thumbup: Excellent advise!!:thumbup:

vodkalush
09-13-2006, 10:19 PM
I am good friends with a couple that does dye-sub, t-shirts, embrod. and ect. if you guys pic a logo/bumper sticker that you like I can email them and get pricing on making the bumper stickers/other items that you guys like/want. Let me know!

aka

Group ordering (ps at cost; so not an ad/classified)

ItsMyDaily
09-19-2006, 05:05 PM
i'll buy one :wink:

vodkalush
09-20-2006, 09:15 AM
anyone got any prefs?

Shirts/hats/stickers/coats

and how about art work (is the stuff on prev pages fine??)

ItsMyDaily
09-20-2006, 11:25 AM
would you guys be interested in purchasing something like this...
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b33/HvRRZ/CA25KVOB.jpg

I can also make other shirt styles, coffee mugs, hats with the same logo. Or we can go with the actual site logo. something like this.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b33/HvRRZ/CAS75JAM.jpg

let me know.

MWill517
09-20-2006, 12:35 PM
Interested here. Let us know prices.

ItsMyDaily
09-20-2006, 03:13 PM
Interested here. Let us know prices.

At work now, but will look to see pricing and such once I get home. My guess would be the white -T would be around 22-23 bucks, and the black -T around 25.

bigsky2
10-04-2006, 04:23 AM
I think a Polo style shirt with the "yarisworld" lettering on the left side of the chest would be a nice touch.

Strong colours like the ones from Hollister/Ambercrombe and detailed embroidering of the Yarisworld would make it look very clean!

ItsMyDaily
10-04-2006, 10:01 AM
I think a Polo style shirt with the "yarisworld" lettering on the left side of the chest would be a nice touch.

Strong colours like the ones from Hollister/Ambercrombe and detailed embroidering of the Yarisworld would make it look very clean!

I can get these done, but I had to ask the YarisWorld owners before doing so. I was told that at this time I would not be allowed to use there name, or logos for any designs. Maybe sometime down the line though.

YarisBueller
10-04-2006, 10:58 PM
We said no for any shirts that were going to make a profit from the yarisworld members, im strictly against making money from fellow car enthusiasts. If anyone is willing to donate their time and money to make shirts, thats perfectly fine, I plan on using my own money to get us the yarisworld stickers

vodkalush
10-04-2006, 11:17 PM
and by that i would assuem you mean at cost...

bigsky2
10-05-2006, 02:11 AM
We said no for any shirts that were going to make a profit from the yarisworld members, im strictly against making money from fellow car enthusiasts. If anyone is willing to donate their time and money to make shirts, thats perfectly fine, I plan on using my own money to get us the yarisworld stickers

Understood and noted.

eTiMaGo
10-05-2006, 03:24 AM
damn, there goes my dream of a multimillion dollar empire... :biggrin:

xfatefailsx07
10-11-2006, 02:56 PM
so whats the deal with these stickers, or window decals? YarisBeuller, If it is about the funds, I dont mind pitching in my share. I wanna show off this website..

ChinoCharles
10-11-2006, 03:17 PM
How about a high quality vinyl decal... maybe even including the username of the member purchasing it!

vodkalush
10-11-2006, 03:23 PM
How about a high quality vinyl decal... maybe even including the username of the member purchasing it!

sounds like a good freaking plan to me

EnduroMTS
10-11-2006, 05:15 PM
We make vinyl graphics... Im sure we can make some YarisWORLD ones for everyone :)

ism3t
10-11-2006, 06:04 PM
i would rep yw till my car explodes!

YarisBueller
10-11-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm trying to find a good sticker maker to make this for us, the design is done and I have the funds for this, just trying to find a good sticker maker, which isnt as easy as I thought..

Kitt
10-11-2006, 06:56 PM
just to let you know that PTY Yaris team will be glad to represent Yarisworld in Panama! just let me know what do we need to do to get the stickers, I can also tell a friend of mine that does stickers to print them for us!

vodkalush
10-19-2006, 07:45 AM
YarisBueller:
I just jumped on google (quick browse of some sites)

you might want to check this site out (I like the idea of either cut vinyl or even static cling (for moveability):

http://www.victorystore.com/bumper/bumper.htm

ChinoCharles
10-19-2006, 01:16 PM
DO IT

YarisPR
10-22-2006, 11:19 PM
I will gladly represent u :thumbsup: I was looking foward in making my own yaris world stiker since ther is a place near my home and they might do me the favor:headbang:

riceboy
10-24-2006, 02:01 PM
yarisbueller: any updates on this? try contacting Mike @ shinzo.. he's done a ton of cars and car clubs.. in fact about 90% of the vinyl for show cars in Canada was probably done by him...

http://shinzomedia.com/

YamilR
10-24-2006, 06:50 PM
I had stuff done for my RC planes from this company, they're good with prices too.

http://www.bandegraphix.com/index.htm

Lowfront
11-09-2006, 02:41 AM
I'd love a simple shirt with just yarisworld on the top left or right whatever...

vodkalush
11-09-2006, 08:59 AM
should we being giving up hope on getting stickers made?

vodkalush
11-09-2006, 09:44 AM
Stickerguy.com (I used to work with the guy that owns/runs rideroom.com and he used this site to get his stickers)

Vinyl : Clear
Size : 8.50 x 1.38 (inches)
count : 1000 (min order)
1 color : $167
2 Color : $262

below are two the I made real quickly from the sites (stickerguy.com) template, and I used a previous post's "yarisworld" lettering./ Pics below

eTiMaGo
11-09-2006, 10:36 AM
I guess that with the EPS file posted earlier, it could just be up to individual members to have the stickers made...

YarisBueller
11-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Stickerguy.com (I used to work with the guy that owns/runs rideroom.com and he used this site to get his stickers)

Vinyl : Clear
Size : 8.50 x 1.38 (inches)
count : 1000 (min order)
1 color : $167
2 Color : $262

below are two the I made real quickly from the sites (stickerguy.com) template, and I used a previous post's "yarisworld" lettering./ Pics below

IIs stickerguy.com able to make the stickers off the files u just posted? If so, i'll buy the stickers from him right now and get them mailed out as soon as I get them. Thanks for the help man!

Chris07LB
11-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Is there a way to get this one, but with just the RED outline? This way it will be body color in the middle with the red outline, if I or anyone chooses to put it on a surface other then the windows. :iono:

Looks great BTW! :thumbsup:

vodkalush
11-13-2006, 02:51 PM
ummmm...

what we should do is select a color that:
a - doesnt look gay
b - will be viewable on all Yaris colors

and i can then create an "outlined" yarisworld sticker layout

YarisBueller
11-13-2006, 03:03 PM
Ive actually had a super high res layout already done and basicly look identical to ures vodka, so once we decide the color i can easily change it and send it off to that stickerguy u recommend. Red is definitly out.. I was thinking of standard white or silver...

vodkalush
11-13-2006, 03:15 PM
sweetness. I think that whatever color it ends up being shouldn't blend with any color aval. to yaris owners (atleast the new ones :smile: )

Chris07LB
11-13-2006, 03:32 PM
No red? Then I'll take a black outlined one then. :rolleyes:

ism3t
11-13-2006, 04:47 PM
lets just do white and get these babies on!

ChinoCharles
11-13-2006, 05:18 PM
I'm going to talk to the guys at rvinyl.com about getting a black vinyl decal for the hatch door. Bueller, can I get that high res file?

hasher22
11-14-2006, 11:55 PM
......ummmmm u can always create your own decal from your printer??? just buy the stickers?

vodkalush
11-15-2006, 07:28 AM
the problem with that is that you must likly have an injet printer, which would limit you to putting the sticker on the inside of a window. Also after about a month of being in the sun/natural light the sticker will fade like a mofo

ChinoCharles
11-15-2006, 02:16 PM
Yeah, I'm not looking for a window sticker. I want a black vinyl decal that will span the length of the hatch door, probably below the trunk release.

vodkalush
11-15-2006, 04:07 PM
that what I would like.

Its just that the only thing you can make at home on a home printer is window "Decals" which would fade/peel off in no time.

hasher22
11-16-2006, 01:47 AM
Well..............you can always cut out peices of paper and stick them on your window with stickey tape :)

i saw a guy who did that today LOL!!!! shoulda taken a pic....

tomjasz
11-16-2006, 07:33 AM
I've got a couple of "BUCK FUSH" stickers left if anyone needs one?

spkrman
11-19-2006, 06:41 AM
Well..............you can always cut out peices of paper and stick them on your window with stickey tape :)

i saw a guy who did that today LOL!!!! shoulda taken a pic....

I prefer marker and cardboard myself. :burnrubber:

ChinoCharles
11-20-2006, 01:08 PM
I've got a couple of "BUCK FUSH" stickers left if anyone needs one?

I've got some that say "Send Bush to Iraq" hahahaha...

vodkalush
11-29-2006, 09:53 AM
Any updates on getting yarisworld stickers/vinyls?

RogueYaris
12-03-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm curious about this as well. Any update?

YarisBueller
12-03-2006, 05:31 PM
No updates yet, im on night shifts these last few weeks so I pretty much am asleep while everyone else is working :) But i'll be back on a regular schedule in a week and will get things rolling again. I got us a 3d looking design going that looks similar to the logo in the header logo, its going to be alot more expensive, but whatever, I can pay for it. Im kinda psyched to see how it comes out!

eTiMaGo
12-29-2006, 05:13 AM
Guys, YarisBueller, if you do not mind, I can get vinyl cut here at a friend's shop cheap, I just got mine done. We can do it single layer or double layer, or even more (for an outline effect), in pretty much any color. We'd be looking at about $2 per layer, for a size of 25cm x 4cm (approx 10" x 1.5")

I've put up a picture, I don't have my car here to try it on, but once I do I'll upload it.

The thing is, shipping would be pretty expensive for just a single sticker. (around $3-4 per envelope), but you'd still be looking at just $5 for a sticker shipped to your door.

What I might suggest is a kind of group buy, where I would ship them to a single person in the US or Canada, who could then re-ship to the individual members? Or would this be too much of a headache?

Anyway let me know what you guys think, though I may be a bit slow to reply as the internet over here is really screwed up.

vodkalush
12-29-2006, 06:19 AM
I'd be happy to help with the re-ship if theres enough interest.
all we would need is a list of members that want it, and then shipping would be easy (1st class snail mail: whats it like $0.40 now) and we'd be all set; great job eTiMaGo :thumbsup: !!

ChinoCharles
12-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Hell yeah, can't wait to make my order!

d2dailly
12-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Hell yeah, can't wait to make my order!

ditto

Kaotic Lazagna
12-30-2006, 12:02 AM
i'm interested. how much would it be for two, shipped?

eTiMaGo
12-30-2006, 12:53 AM
Gimme a couple of days to finalize with my friend the different designs we can do, and I think I will also need YarisBueller's permission to do these in the first place!

From what it looks like now, it would be $2.50 per sticker, plus about $2.00 for the shipping by normal air mail. We might look into slightly more expensive registered air mail as it would have less chances of getting lost, and would be a little faster, that should come to about $3.00 per shipment.

ChinoCharles
12-30-2006, 12:57 AM
Hey, I'm sure he would be thrilled someone is taking the initiative... God knows nobody else was. I started this thread in August, haha.

Also for the record, I would love to see these small stickers made (somethings better than nothing) but I would be more than happy to pay more for, say, a sticker to span the top of the rear hatch window. :smile:

eTiMaGo
12-30-2006, 01:15 AM
I'm also experimenting with different sizes and styles :wink: Just don't have a car on hand to measure!!!

ChinoCharles
12-30-2006, 01:15 AM
Oh thats right, you're out of town.

What do you need measured? Just let me know.

eTiMaGo
12-30-2006, 02:34 AM
Just pull down your pants, then grab that tape measure.... :laugh:

I'd just need the width of the upper rear window area, or just about any place you'd wanna put a logo!

I just did a quick mockup in photoshop, that rear window sticker would look pretty huge!

eTiMaGo
12-30-2006, 08:04 AM
Here's another option, going for a single long address...

vodkalush
12-30-2006, 08:06 AM
thats a bit big for my taste, but for the smaller one :thumbsup:

ChinoCharles
12-30-2006, 11:50 AM
Yeah, its just a hair too thick, but better! Maybe scrunch it down?

vodkalush
01-02-2007, 10:24 AM
any word from Bueller??

eTiMaGo
01-03-2007, 02:59 AM
not yet...

Been pretty busy myself, getting back to work after a holiday is never easy, isn't it? :laugh:

StellarPrincess
01-03-2007, 08:15 PM
yay! I would love a sticker! Let us know the updates* :w00t:

vodkalush
01-17-2007, 10:58 AM
any updates?!?!?!

Doc Zaius
01-17-2007, 11:10 AM
I'd wear a sticker! Small one for the hatch.

tekmoe
01-17-2007, 07:02 PM
yup i would sport a sticker on my hatch. small one only though, please.

eTiMaGo
01-18-2007, 03:16 AM
OK guys, just awaiting final approval from YarisBueller, then I'll update more info on what we can offer :wink:

I'll also FINALLY get my car washed tomorrow and will be able to put on my sticker :biggrin:

ChinoCharles
01-18-2007, 01:17 PM
I'll also FINALLY get my car washed tomorrow and will be able to put on my sticker :biggrin:

Dude, you should see mine. Looks like a salt lick.

vodkalush
01-18-2007, 05:18 PM
mine was looking like an icecube till today...

Chris07LB
01-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Mine's all nice an clean in the garage. :cool:

ChinoCharles
01-18-2007, 06:20 PM
You're so much better than us, aren't you Chris. GOSH!

Chris07LB
01-18-2007, 07:04 PM
Yea. Sorry it has to be that way. :frown:

jaspie
01-19-2007, 12:30 AM
Whoop ~ I want a small one too ~

It's in red right ~ It would look awesome on my White Yaris ~ I already have red TRD Stickers (even though I have no TRD stuff.....but it looks cool)

I want 2.....one on each side ~

Keep us updated ~

eTiMaGo
01-19-2007, 05:09 AM
Whoohoo she's finally nice and clean and shiny, and TAGGED:

http://www.linkinasia.com/etimago/yaris/IMG_1143.jpg

Up close:
http://www.linkinasia.com/etimago/yaris/IMG_1144.jpg

The shadow under the text is natural, it's not part of the sticker.

So, whaddaya think?

vodkalush
01-19-2007, 05:40 AM
I'm think'n where the hell are mine!!!!

eTiMaGo
01-19-2007, 05:44 AM
I'm think'n where the hell are mine!!!!

Go pester YarisBueller :wink:

Once he gives the final nod, things can get moving :biggrin:

ChinoCharles
01-19-2007, 12:00 PM
Yep, I want one.

Paint that Toyota badge.

Chris07LB
01-19-2007, 12:52 PM
damn i love that back bumper.. :wub:

vodkalush
01-19-2007, 02:30 PM
pm'd yb hopefully we'll know soon :-)

spkrman
01-19-2007, 10:24 PM
yep i'd like one too, so long as they are cheep :)

jaspie
01-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Any updates?

Jaspie ~

YarisBueller
01-22-2007, 12:50 AM
Hey everyone, sorry I've been MIA for a few weeks, but i'm back now. Anyways Eti has the "blessing" with the stickers, so go for it can't wait to see how they come out on the cars. I'm still going to go ahead with my own design at some point since i have it done but never got it finalized with the sticker shop cause of colors, etc.. But thanks for helping out Eti and picking up my slack, his sticker came out looking perfect on the back of his car!!

LVAquaman
01-22-2007, 12:55 AM
Sweet! How do we get one?:iono:

eTiMaGo
01-22-2007, 02:00 AM
Ok, now that we have the OK, I'm going to put a thread in the Classifieds, it should be the best way to go from here :biggrin: