http://uploads.vancouverxchange.com/DJ_Trizzak/sub1.jpg
http://uploads.vancouverxchange.com/DJ_Trizzak/sub2.jpg
http://uploads.vancouverxchange.com/DJ_Trizzak/sub3.jpg
http://uploads.vancouverxchange.com/DJ_Trizzak/sub4.jpg
http://uploads.vancouverxchange.com/DJ_Trizzak/sub5.jpg
http://uploads.vancouverxchange.com/DJ_Trizzak/sub6.jpg

ECHOKnight2000
08-17-2006, 10:09 PM
Nice set up! Very efficent with space, I like how you put the amp on the sub. I see in one of the pics you screwed in the sub?? Isn't there plastic under the cloth? Anyway I assume there was. Great pics!:clap:

DJ_Trizzak
08-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Nice set up! Very efficent with space, I like how you put the amp on the sub. I see in one of the pics you screwed in the sub?? Isn't there plastic under the cloth? Anyway I assume there was. Great pics!:clap:

thanks! - sounds great too! - the box is screw'd down into the part where you open to get the spare tire - so I still have my spare tire in there - so when you open it the box doesn't move and your able to take out the spare tire without have all the cables and sub moving around :smile:

jbll
08-17-2006, 10:24 PM
Sorry, i can't see the pic... :confused: :frown:

DJ_Trizzak
08-17-2006, 10:25 PM
Sorry, i can't see the pic... :confused: :frown:
really, refresh - the other user see's it - weird:confused:

DJ_Trizzak
08-18-2006, 12:24 AM
pictures work again

Alexandre2k3
08-18-2006, 01:47 AM
that's how i have my ported 10", in the same location as well, but the audiobanh amp is under the seat. only problem is the 10" with my box kills half the trunk space :( . ehh oh well we gotta have our base

07 polar white LB
kenwood hu
alpine type s front
pioneer rear
audiobahn amp
10"ported sub

DollaZo
08-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Very nice, I like how you have the amp on th side of the box + you still have boot space. AS for me well I have none. Have you changed the HU or is it still stock?

DJ_Trizzak
08-18-2006, 10:25 AM
that's how i have my ported 10", in the same location as well, but the audiobanh amp is under the seat. only problem is the 10" with my box kills half the trunk space :( . ehh oh well we gotta have our base

07 polar white LB
kenwood hu
alpine type s front
pioneer rear
audiobahn amp
10"ported sub

ooo ya nicee - for sure - do you have a pic of your set up?

DJ_Trizzak
08-18-2006, 10:26 AM
Very nice, I like how you have the amp on th side of the box + you still have boot space. AS for me well I have none. Have you changed the HU or is it still stock?

thanks, yah I do - whats the HU?

Jem_hadar
08-18-2006, 10:26 AM
+1.

Nice use of space with you sub and amp.

DJ_Trizzak
08-18-2006, 10:30 AM
+1.

Nice use of space with you sub and amp.

thanks! - I was thinking of adding two more subs inside the sides near the rear speakers - maybe get some custom fiberglass:cool:

thewifesyaris
08-20-2006, 09:22 PM
you should have faced it toward the left, so that you would be pushing more air not your hatch. thats why in car trunks they mount subs as close as the seat and aim it torwards the trunk where theres air. otherwise cool toys, probably got a lot of bumb to it.

johnnyfive
08-20-2006, 11:55 PM
dont have any subs in yet, but i am not going to have any problem with trunk space :) I am going to out one 12" in custom fiberglass in the back corner of my sedan, looks like you guys have plenty of room to make a sealed fiberglass box in pretty much the same place in the liftback, but have not seen inside one in person yet, so not sure how much room there really is, but there is lots of unleased space behind the tires on the sedan.

started my project today, just someteaser pics, to get you all thinking,

area taped off, so you get the idea of the space it will be in
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/johnallar/Taped.jpg

some supplys ready to go
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/johnallar/supplys.jpg

and area fully masked, and ready to apply fiberglass :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/johnallar/Masked.jpg
the line is the tentative bottom eadge of the box, to help give idea of size

got everything that is taped off glassed today, and going to pull it out in the morning :) soon ill make my own thread with progress, but just wanted to give a little teaser to you guys with no space in the trunk :)

p.s. i have never done fiberglass work before, and it was actually easier than i expected it was going to be :)

DJ_Trizzak
08-21-2006, 11:10 AM
you should have faced it toward the left, so that you would be pushing more air not your hatch. thats why in car trunks they mount subs as close as the seat and aim it torwards the trunk where theres air. otherwise cool toys, probably got a lot of bumb to it.

its the closest towards the seat so im able to get open and get my spare tire - if i angle it - it will look retarded and also this is a non-seal'd box - where the opening is on the top - you'll have to hear it first b4 commenting on wether the box should have been placed in a certain direction

gravylegs
08-24-2006, 01:54 PM
JOhnny Five! Any updates on the enclosure!?

johnnyfive
08-25-2006, 01:54 AM
its the closest towards the seat so im able to get open and get my spare tire - if i angle it - it will look retarded and also this is a non-seal'd box - where the opening is on the top - you'll have to hear it first b4 commenting on wether the box should have been placed in a certain direction

just curious, did you try it with the sub firing upwords, with the port firing at the hatch? would it fit? if it would fit, and you havnt tried it you should ;)

JOhnny Five! Any updates on the enclosure!?
i have the mold that fits the car side, but have not started on the front that will hold the sub yet, i am waiting until I order my sub, so i know i wont change my mind, and can make it a perfect fit before i start :)

if you interested in making your own, there are alot of good walkthroughs around, here is one i found most helpful :)
http://web.njit.edu/%7Ecas1383/proj/main/

DJ_Trizzak
08-25-2006, 04:46 PM
just curious, did you try it with the sub firing upwords, with the port firing at the hatch? would it fit? if it would fit, and you havnt tried it you should ;)

nah I didn't try that - I don't think the box would fit properly - it's made to be against the seat - angle'd

Lafiro
08-26-2006, 02:26 AM
I just made a box today. 3/4" particle board. And 5 hours to build it. Goind to install my system of 2 12" subs tomorrow in my Sadan. Wish me luck! I will post pictures within 36hours.

Lowfront
08-28-2006, 04:20 PM
Isn't particle board horrible for a sub box...?

johnnyfive
08-29-2006, 12:54 AM
Isn't particle board horrible for a sub box...?

well, it is less than ideal, but with low power subs it "should" be just fine(even more likley to be fine in a ported box). a little bracing inside, or a divider in the box, with either of the above situations wouldnt hurt eather.

but MDF is always a better choice :)

Lafiro
08-29-2006, 09:31 AM
Well my box is just too big and anything above "low freq." doesn't come out of the subs. Put it this way, out on the song "Hmm Hmm" by Beenie Man. The first two long beats rattle the hliving hell out of the inside of my car... but any beat after, not a thing. that gets annoying, especially when I blocked the two ports I made thinking it might have helped. Oh well :/ maybe my box is just to big and my trunk doesnt have enough space? Maybe cause the cables are connected incorrectly to the car speakers. Maybe also cause the amp settings are just off as well? I wish I knew what It was, but this is my first car, and my first system. Its been raining each day so I havent been able to get pics, dont want to get that particle board wet.

johnnyfive
08-29-2006, 09:54 AM
it is most likley that the box is not the right size for the subs, what subs are you using?

Lafiro
08-29-2006, 12:12 PM
it is most likley that the box is not the right size for the subs, what subs are you using?
Clif Designs CD10.1LX amp, with two CDAW120 subs.

I originally made the box for the CD1200C but I couldnt afford it after looking the the price difference/dont need it for competition as it is. So now my box is probably two times as big as needed :( Its currently a trapeziod shape. 34" in back. 39" in front. 20" deep. And 14" high. And then its cut in half down the middle. I followed the cu/feet thing on there site for there vented box. But now its sealed and I guess that could also be adding to it? I needs 1.25cu/feet. Each has like 2-3cu/feet.

johnnyfive
08-29-2006, 10:30 PM
making the box to the proper size will make an incredible difference in the sound that the subs make.

i would say make a new box, and make it out of MDF if you could. make it to spec, or a little over, and then you can add some spare wood to the inside, to reduce the internal volume until it sounds to your liking :)

Lafiro
08-30-2006, 01:07 AM
making the box to the proper size will make an incredible difference in the sound that the subs make.

i would say make a new box, and make it out of MDF if you could. make it to spec, or a little over, and then you can add some spare wood to the inside, to reduce the internal volume until it sounds to your liking :)
Someone told me Im missing "mid's" ; What the heck is that? Is this because of the fact my wiring is messed up + the box is just WAY to big right now? Thanks! And yes MDF is fine, but what thinkness, cause the particle board I used is 3/4".

johnnyfive
08-30-2006, 12:07 PM
yeah, a sub in an over sided box will sound "boomy" and it could also be a crossover setting on your amp/deck that is adding to the problem

you should use 3/4" mdf, much sturdier, and more weather resitant than partical board

zestia
09-16-2009, 10:37 AM
JohnnyFive. This is exactly what I want to do with my sedan. I just never dove into it. How will you secure the enclosure to the trunk? Please let us know when you are done with the install.

jetaimejsc
09-16-2009, 10:53 AM
^ 3 yr bump...nice!

IllusionX
09-16-2009, 02:19 PM
^ 3 yr bump...nice!

hehe well... it took him 2 years to read the thread, so....

Slick
09-16-2009, 03:22 PM
holy moly, this has to be a record bump lol

zestia
09-17-2009, 08:52 AM
It takes a while to read through all the threads. And, I still haven't seen any pics of the final product.

sqcomp
09-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Wow! I thought you were kidding about the 3 year bump! I wonder how the particle board enclosure is doing?