PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new

Swissy_82
03-01-2006, 01:44 AM
Hello everyone.

As you all can tell, i'm the newbe.

i love small car's, so I went and test drove a yaris for fun the other weekend, and just fell in love :wub: with the yaris. What i want to know is, what other people have to say about that car.

I am planing on getting one someday, when i got enough money aside.

I got a lot of questions, like: is there proformence parts fot it, or body kits, etc.....

I'm hopping to also meet some people through this forums.

bigsky2
03-01-2006, 03:19 AM
Hey Swissy,

I'm new here as well.

The Yaris is an awesome car.. I was originally going to purchase the Echo last year, but when I got news that the new Vitz (Yaris for CAN/US) was hitting our shores in late 2005, I put my decision on hold pending the arrival of Uncle Yaris.

I can't tell you that there is SO MUCH you can do with this car. Since it is so new, aftermarket accessories, performance parts, and other mods aren't readily available in North America. But expect that to change very quickly as more demand for those products continues to grow and businesses and individuals begin to import parts for the Yaris.

jcove
03-01-2006, 07:09 AM
Fortunately, with the Scion xA and later this year the Yaris being sold in the US, I think the aftermarket will be quick to jump all over this one. The xA already has things like intakes from a number of companies, aftermarket exhaust and super/turbo chargers available. With the same engine being in the Yaris, it won't take long for them to adapt these for the new platform. I'm very optimistic about the aftermarket parts myself. I'm currently checking with Magnaflow to see if the exhaust they have will fit the Yaris. They have one for the xA, so I'm hoping that it'll fit, but I have the advantage of working at an aftermarket exhaust company, so I can have one fabricated if I really want one. I'm just waiting until I buy the lowering springs first.

As for the love of the car, there are a lot of people who agree with you that have the cars on here, me being one of them. I was a little worried when I started looking for an inexpensive car to drive back and forth to work in, but this car has put all that to rest. It's not a power house, but it's quick and very fun to drive. If you know how to drive a standard, that's the best way to have the fun factor, plus it's a little cheaper. Just my two cents though.

yariman
03-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Right On jcove. Let me know if you find out anything about the exhaust or springs, as I have been looking also. I don't feel like dropping the amount of cash that Toyota wants for the springs.

Swissy_82
03-16-2006, 12:55 PM
Thanx for the info. I feel a stupid. I'm turning 24 and I still got my "N". But i'm thinking of taking driving leasons for standards. Like you said, standard is a little cheaper.

why?
03-16-2006, 07:53 PM
The only way to learn is to do it. I didn't learn to drive a standard until I bought one.

Hey, you have more posts than over 100 members.

Mad Munchkin
03-16-2006, 09:05 PM
Hey Swissy 82...I agree with why? about the standard thing...I tried learning on a standard when I was 15 with my dad and it pretty much left me with traumatic baggage and I ended up in a friends automatic for my test and never drove stick again...but when I ordered this car I thought, whatever, I want a stick because it'll be so much fun. A friend of mine drives an ION (stick) so I went out with her one day (freaked out and feeling 15 again but I just got in and drove it! It was so simple! I felt dumb for having feared it like that! LOL. As long as you know the fundamentals of driving then a stick is easee-greasee! Good luck

Sp33dY
03-16-2006, 09:13 PM
What ?? People are scared of driving 'stick' / manual?? Whats teh deal wit that!! You dont DRIVE an automatic, you steeer it ....... ANYONE who claims they can 'drive' are masters of the manual :)

why?
03-17-2006, 09:14 AM
LOL.

It takes a bit to get use to it, but it is so worth it.

Realize that every car is different, so people who know how to drive a stick need to re-learn every car they get in.