PDA

View Full Version : California car duster

Ryu
02-21-2009, 09:43 PM
I want to recommend this stuff to people that like to see their car shinny all the time. I got it today from Canadian tire and try them on my dusty car, after dusting off the dirt my car looks clean and shinny again.

The finish looks like the car just get the wax treatment, pretty easy to use and simple. Take about few mins only to do the whole car.

Just give your car a nice wax then use the duster frequently, you will see your baby shinny all the time. :wub:

PETERPOOP
02-21-2009, 10:20 PM
I use the duster all the time after I wash my car. I make sure to shake it clean after every swipe before re applying it to the car.

Yar Is Word
02-22-2009, 12:05 AM
I just happened to wipe the marks on the interior plastic with my duster and they were greatly reduced!

PETERPOOP
02-22-2009, 03:11 AM
Just use a wet absorber on it, that's what i do. takes it out everytime unless they are scratches.

Benggolf2
02-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Got 2 dusters yesterday; 1 large ($10.89) and another dash duster ($7.24) at Target in Bellis Fair Mall, Bellingham. They are amazing and save me a lot of time. :thumbup:

Cutie Pie #2
02-23-2009, 08:50 PM
I dust mine off at least once a week with one of those.

Nagoya_TRD.
02-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Don't like them, used it on a black car once and it left fine swirls.

Moist Microfiber does it for me.

YarisSedan
02-25-2009, 06:43 PM
I used one once after the fire in california. Rubbed ash all over my paint now i have a million scratches. i should ahve watched the news

Black Yaris
02-25-2009, 06:44 PM
I love my duster..... I use it all the time

BLAZINBLUEVITZ
02-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Don't like them, used it on a black car once and it left fine swirls.

Moist Microfiber does it for me.
:clap: amen to that one......

Qmobile
03-03-2009, 11:19 PM
I've been thinkin' about gettin one of those dusters myself but was'nt sure on if they acaully worked

PHXDEMON
03-04-2009, 12:21 AM
Those things are :bow: for in between washes.

Ryu
03-04-2009, 02:33 AM
I think this will work surprisingly well on dark color such as black, imagine that it cut down your washing times and turn those hard-to-maintained color into easier task to stay shinny.

But remember that it is only a duster, so if your car is covered with salt or some really dirty stuff, make sure you wash it first then use it in between washing.

NJBob
03-04-2009, 06:04 AM
I think this will work surprisingly well on dark color such as black, imagine that it cut down your washing times and turn those hard-to-maintained color into easier task to stay shinny.

But remember that it is only a duster, so if your car is covered with salt or some really dirty stuff, make sure you wash it first then use it in between washing.

+1 I use both. I use them a lot for light dust at the end of a day. The inside works so well....I have dusted off my dash while waiting at a stop light. :laugh:

kustom play
03-29-2009, 08:14 PM
i need to get the little one for the dash

out here in phoenix cars are like dust magnets

the duster works awesome!

Lucas13
04-14-2009, 12:57 PM
I works great but just using it when the car is dusty not dirty, always shake it after each panel has been dusted off. I have used it for long time and works great

counterfiend
04-21-2009, 06:41 PM
do not trust these thigns at all. Take it this way, every time you wipe the car, your picking up little bits of dust and dirt into the duster. And even if you shake it out, those little fibers are gonna pick up and hold dirt. and then every time you wipe the car after, your gonna wipe the dirt across the paint. Leaving small scratch's basically every time you use the thing. Unless you buy a new one all the time.

Klink10
04-21-2009, 06:48 PM
do not trust these thigns at all. Take it this way, every time you wipe the car, your picking up little bits of dust and dirt into the duster. And even if you shake it out, those little fibers are gonna pick up and hold dirt. and then every time you wipe the car after, your gonna wipe the dirt across the paint. Leaving small scratch's basically every time you use the thing. Unless you buy a new one all the time.

Very true. Bought and quit using. Dash duster a different story.

RedRide
11-14-2010, 12:54 PM
I bought a California duster while ago but, never used it.
However, since I recently waxed my Yaris and it now just had a light layer of dust, I figured I would try it.

Actually it worked great. It left no swirls and left the car in an essentially just waxed condition.

I think it prudent to say that it should only be used when the car is proceted by some wax and only if the surface contains only light dust and/or pollen.
A large dose of commom sense is certainly in order when using a CD. :smile: