PDA

View Full Version : Center Cap help

Brian
02-24-2009, 03:09 PM
I got my wheels installed today but the center caps won't go on the
front wheels. My wheels are SSR Type C 16x7 +42. Anyone else have
this problem with the inside of the center cap hitting the threads? Here's
some pics so you can see what I'm talking about.

cali yaris
02-24-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm checking with Tanabe -- maybe the design of the center caps has changed or something. I know I have pics of my car with the center caps on, and they fit on PeterPoop's car too.

I don't think the front axles are different for the sedan -- anyone know?

CTScott
02-24-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm checking with Tanabe -- maybe the design of the center caps has changed or something. I know I have pics of my car with the center caps on, and they fit on PeterPoop's car too.

I don't think the front axles are different for the sedan -- anyone know?

Same part numbers for axles and hubs on LB and Sedan.

Tamago
02-24-2009, 10:56 PM
very common toyota issue, the axle stubs stick out too far... grind them off and you should be ok.

kou
02-24-2009, 11:07 PM
ghetto style,paint can lids.

Brian
02-24-2009, 11:26 PM
very common toyota issue, the axle stubs stick out too far... grind them off and you should be ok.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if I should do it or not. It's not sticking out by too much. Probably about 3/16".

Tamago
02-25-2009, 07:12 AM
Thanks. I wasn't sure if I should do it or not. It's not sticking out by too much. Probably about 3/16".

yeah you should be able to use a 4" grinder on them, no problem. just use light pressure on the edges to avoid "mushrooming" the thread area. if and when you have to remove the axle, spinning the nut backwards off the stub will straighten out any minor thread imperfections.

make sure and shoot the stub with a lil paint after grinding. rust sucks :(

Klink10
02-25-2009, 07:18 AM
ghetto style,paint can lids.

Very nice solution....cheap and easy to replace. I like