PDA

View Full Version : Window Tint Pre-Cut Kits

SRP
02-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Sorry everyone, my US Cusco contact has stopped importing Cusco products.

At this time I can't find another importer that will import at a decent price.

For now, I'm suspending my Vendor Status on YarisWorld.

Hopefully I'll be back, otherwise I'll be talking to you on my other screen name. (Saggio)

custom Lftback
02-24-2009, 08:58 PM
would you suggest we take the kits to be installed, or is it easy to do it yourself? I don't want to screw up my windows!

SRP
02-24-2009, 09:00 PM
would you suggest we take the kits to be installed, or is it easy to do it yourself? I don't want to screw up my windows!

Depends on you, if you feel comfortable doing it. The Yaris is a really easy car to tint especially if you have a kit that's already cut to fit your car.

jinxor
02-24-2009, 09:00 PM
I am interested in these kits as well
But not sure how hard they are to install
btw... do these come with the tool kit as well

SRP
02-24-2009, 09:48 PM
I am interested in these kits as well
But not sure how hard they are to install
btw... do these come with the tool kit as well

Yes, we will include a squeege that is all you will really need for install besides common hand tools.

SRP

jonismyname
02-25-2009, 11:26 AM
does the film come with any form of fading warranty? i am not familiar with brands, but there are kits for 1/2 the money available... what are the advantages?

jonismyname
02-25-2009, 11:28 AM
also- it appears on suntek's website they offer several lines of film- which is the kit you offer?

SRP
02-25-2009, 01:41 PM
A member has brought it to my attention that there are similar kits being sold on Ebay for half this price.

The main difference in my kits is explained below:

The rear window of every car including the Yaris has to be heat shrunk to the shape and size of the rear window. You can't just apply the rear film as you would the sides without heat shrinking the film into shape.
My kits are a true "Ready to install" kit. (I will pre-shrink the rear window for a true ready to install kit)

I guarantee you that ANYONE who tries to install the Ebay kit will be screwing up their rear window while installing it.

This would explain why my kits are $50 more than the Ebay kits.

So to make things clear, my kits will come with the rear window film pre-cut AND pre-shrunk to fit your window. Nothing is needed besides, patience, soap and water, basic hand tools, and a squeegee.

(I have to admit, these kits aren't that big of a seller because nobody wants to install tint themselves. I just like to offer this to all my customers as an alternative into having our shop tint their car)

CTScott
02-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Out of curiosity, what do you mean by basic hand tools for installing the film? The reason I ask is I tried installing tint on one of my vehicles a few years ago, and the part I found most difficult was trimming the film for the top edges of the opening windows.

I am seriously considering one of your kits, but I am hoping that pre-cut means that absolutely no trimming is required.

Saggio
02-25-2009, 06:23 PM
...Oops I keep posting under this name...

SRP
02-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Out of curiosity, what do you mean by basic hand tools for installing the film? The reason I ask is I tried installing tint on one of my vehicles a few years ago, and the part I found most difficult was trimming the film for the top edges of the opening windows.

I am seriously considering one of your kits, but I am hoping that pre-cut means that absolutely no trimming is required.

Hand tools meaning a philips head screw driver. This would be to take off the door panels.
You are correct, NO trimming required. :biggrin:

Altitude
03-02-2009, 03:06 AM
Does your kit leave gaps at the edges or are they right up to the window black?

Saggio
03-02-2009, 05:28 AM
Does your kit leave gaps at the edges or are they right up to the window black?

They are right up to the edge.

Altitude
03-02-2009, 03:25 PM
They are right up to the edge.

Cool. Sent you a PM. Thanks!

Tamago
03-02-2009, 04:09 PM

i really don't want to shit on this thread, but if you pay $100 for tint and $100 for install...... you just spent $200, which is about double what most good tinters using Llumar charge.

BLAZINBLUEVITZ
03-02-2009, 04:15 PM
i really don't want to shit on this thread, but if you pay $100 for tint and $100 for install...... you just spent $200, which is about double what most good tinters using Llumar charge.

Llumar and 3m tinters up here charge anywhere from $175.00 to $250.00.....

Altitude
03-02-2009, 04:18 PM

I think the whole purpose of getting a pre-cut kit is to DIY, so I agree with your comment.

If I was going to have someone else do it I wouldn't buy the kit. Personally I don't like anyone else messing with my car unless it's absolutely necessary and I don't think tint falls into that category.

Tamago
03-02-2009, 04:25 PM
I think the whole purpose of getting a pre-cut kit is to DIY, so I agree with your comment.

If I was going to have someone else do it I wouldn't buy the kit. Personally I don't like anyone else messing with my car unless it's absolutely necessary and I don't think tint falls into that category.

i concur.

i've done manyMANY things to my car.. but i don't tint. i leave that to my good friend Tom.

Tamago
03-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Llumar and 3m tinters up here charge anywhere from $175.00 to $250.00.....

how does the film in the OP's post compare?

IIRC Llumar>ALL

BLAZINBLUEVITZ
03-02-2009, 04:28 PM
my brother in law uses 3M tint(www.samswindowtinting.com) but is there a picture of the suntek kit?

SRP
03-02-2009, 05:54 PM

Not shiting on it at all. Every region of the US has different pricing when it comes to Window Tinting.

Florida and all the hot southern states generally have Tint Shops that charge less than the Northern states because like everything else, supply and demand.

A Yaris LB costs $200 to Tint up here in Seattle WA. If you get a quote for the same car down in California it would possibly be $120-140 because of the competition. (I would imagine Florida is even less than California)

Its all relative to where you live.

And please keep in mind, I will be pre-heat-shrinking the rear window piece with every kit ordered.

Tamago
03-02-2009, 06:28 PM
And please keep in mind, I will be pre-heat-shrinking the rear window piece with every kit ordered.

how will you roll up a pre-shrunk rear window film (for shipping)? and how will you make it trim to fit, considering you shrink on the outside of the car, and it's a bigger curve than the inside of the car?

SRP
03-02-2009, 10:34 PM
how will you roll up a pre-shrunk rear window film (for shipping)? and how will you make it trim to fit, considering you shrink on the outside of the car, and it's a bigger curve than the inside of the car?

It will roll up the same as the sides. When its shrunk, it shrinks a lot less than you think it would. The film will be cut with a plotter, I have Window Tinting Software that cuts out any kit for any car. This is how we are able to Tint 10+ cars a day. :biggrin: