PDA

View Full Version : Yaris down under

stubby
08-21-2006, 02:04 AM
So, how many yaris owners do we have here?

I've been seeing quite a few on the roads, mostly quicksilver. There seems to be plenty around Camperdown near the RPA Hospital for some reason.

oscarying
08-21-2006, 08:16 AM
hi mate,i got a YRS too,here it is

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g252/oscarying/DSC00079.jpg

DollaZo
08-21-2006, 10:34 PM
hey me three from Perth.

as400g33k
08-22-2006, 01:33 AM
From Adealide here. Had our YRS silver lining since launch Nov05.

DVS YARIS
08-23-2006, 02:52 AM
ay ad me to the list, YRX hatchback :thumbsup:

Jola1
08-25-2006, 10:38 PM
Port Elliot, South Oz. YRX hatch.
Vroom.........:thumbup:

thefan
08-30-2006, 12:55 AM
Sydney. 5DR YRX HATCH Shadow/Greyish blue

Il get some nice shots up once the weather clears and I take it for a cruise.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/fanaroonie/Photo-0108.jpg

DVS YARIS
08-30-2006, 04:57 AM
looking sweet, just needs to be slammed, congrats

acidjazz
10-03-2006, 10:33 AM
Me......

Me.... Perth YRX Hatch QuickSilver Bought July 2006

Sorry Just found this... tread.

Hocc
10-18-2006, 07:08 PM
me me ! in sydney silver lining YRX ! YEAH !

hasher22
11-05-2006, 02:13 AM
Everyone has a damn YRX model.....Sydney West here

YRS model here.............................*feels left out*

blommer
11-05-2006, 05:51 AM
hey mates, is there any TRD dealers in Western australia or maybe in australia itself?? i'm dying to get the TRD HIgh Response Sports Muffler Ver S... Anyone with info PM me plssss...

http://members.shaw.ca/bigsky2/TRD%20Exhaust/DSC_3425.jpg

miss_piggy
11-05-2006, 08:26 PM
i should be getting my 5dr black yrx in 3 weeks!! :thumbup: very exciting! i've been waiting since august!

hasher22
11-07-2006, 06:36 AM
why is everyone gettin a yrx model? lol, the models ive been seeing around here are all yr models and ive seen quite a few.

Blommer, i also have been looking for a TRD supplier around australia. But i cant find one. There is a TRD Sup. in NZ but cant find any legit sites that sell trd parts.

miss_piggy
11-07-2006, 07:55 PM
I went for the YRX as opposed to the YRS because I took the attitude that I may as well get exactly what i want and not settle for anything less...
then I had the decision to choose either the sedan or hatch...biggest selling point for me was the digital dash in the hatch...also there's still time before i need to get a sedan...:smile:
i see heaps of YR's and a couple of YRS' - its very rare to see any YRX's in melb! ive seen 3...and there's already a black one in my area :eek: ohh well...its still a rare model

hasher22
11-08-2006, 01:48 AM
no offence i recon the YRX is a rip off model. how much is it from a YRS to a YRX? prob a 4G difference? you could spend that money on customizing your car. Though if the YRX model was a 1.8L not a 1.5 then youll get ur moneys worth.

the only diff with the yrs to yrx is wha? 6 dash cd changer, alloy wheels and those addon bodykit.

SmellyTofu
11-08-2006, 07:35 PM
$2.5k actually and it's fitted at the factory.

Factory > aftermarket fibreglass junk but if you are happy with second best, then YRS is your choice.

(and you forgot fog lights and different trim).

hasher22
11-09-2006, 06:55 AM
$2.5k actually and it's fitted at the factory.

Factory > aftermarket fibreglass junk but if you are happy with second best, then YRS is your choice.

(and you forgot fog lights and different trim).

ahhh ok, well for 2.5g u can spend that on customizing your car. New rims instead of alloys, fogs are 80 on ebay, new head unit, you can buy the kit for like 800 painted i think, all u need to do is steal sum1's "x" and ur set. Though if the interior trim botheres u, then spend that 2.5g more

so pretty much ur spending 2.5g on better aftermarket products. Thats just my thaught anyway

SmellyTofu
11-09-2006, 01:42 PM
Not everyone is like you. Not many people are interested in hacking their brand new car at Fibreglass world and Tempe junk (great for the Toyota warranty that you paid for). But again, if you care nothing about quality, then all the power to you. Toyota doesn't have any problems selling YRX. I'm waiting 6 months for my 2nd YRX.

In the scheme of things, if you put the $2.5k into a 5 year lease, how much extra does that work out to be? Five fifths of bugger all.

hasher22
11-09-2006, 03:31 PM
quote on what i said "Thats just my thaught anyway"

SmellyTofu
11-10-2006, 02:10 AM
Sorry, I can't read mis-spelt words. Kind of giving me headaches to decipher them.

hasher22
11-11-2006, 11:41 PM
Attension Ebay yaris buyers

Dont buy the Netz Front Hood symbol off the australian ebay. He is selling it for $70.40!!!

Buy it from america for $30!!!!!

DVS YARIS
11-16-2006, 04:20 AM
theres a trd dealer in sydney, its got a website ..
http://www.chtoyota.com.au/parts.asp

hasher22
11-16-2006, 05:42 AM
theres a trd dealer in sydney, its got a website ..
http://www.chtoyota.com.au/parts.asp

seen it, overpriced.....

http://trdparts.jp/english/list_new-vitz.html

theres the Yaris link, i think the price is in YEN? since its from japan. Though Castle hill is linking it, so i guess they get it imported from japan.

ASHRAF
11-16-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm getting my YR 3dr hatchback just after the weekend

and i was also looking for a nice muffler for the 1.3L engine

living in Perth

Can any one advice me what to do with the muffler & the exhaust stuff?

hasher22
11-17-2006, 01:50 AM
Well theres Tip, Muffler And Exhaust....which one do u want?

there are a couple of threads linking to some mufflers/exhausts, search em up :)

miss_piggy
11-17-2006, 04:16 AM
MY YRX IS HERE! i'm picking it up Monday arvo!!!

i cant wait!!! finally my own yaris...i wont have to speed up to drive next to a yaris anymore LOL

hasher22
11-19-2006, 02:27 AM
YAY! be one of us!

any mods your gonna exercise?

Dvinn
02-20-2007, 04:04 PM
YRS in Melbourne nice to meet you all~ ^^

hasher22
02-27-2007, 11:09 PM
heya!

i saw a YR model tryin to pass as a YRX model. Hence she had the YRX badge at the back. its funny cuz she didnt have the bodykit or the alloys. She had the YR hubcabs on. I wonder where she stole that x from....hmmmmm lol

ASHRAF
02-28-2007, 02:49 AM
the body kit was not on the 2005 YRX hasher

so many times my car looks like 2005 YRX because everything is changed and it is de-badged and with foggies

maybe she is doing it step-by-step :D hehehe

by the way

any one can ask his dealer if i can get the YRX bodykit through them?

cYa

hasher22
02-28-2007, 03:29 AM
i believe the YRX model always had the sports kit on it.......since i was interested in yaris when it 1st came to aust.

Plus yaris's start from 06+

just call some dealers and ask for it...."can i please place an order for the yaris sportivo kit?" and if they say yes then just dont mention the part where u have a yrs / yr model?

lol the funniest thing i saw today.....a Holden barina with a lexus badge.....and it still had the holden sticker on it :) that was great!

jaspie
02-28-2007, 08:24 AM
i believe the YRX model always had the sports kit on it.......since i was interested in yaris when it 1st came to aust.

Plus yaris's start from 06+

just call some dealers and ask for it...."can i please place an order for the yaris sportivo kit?" and if they say yes then just dont mention the part where u have a yrs / yr model?

lol the funniest thing i saw today.....a Holden barina with a lexus badge.....and it still had the holden sticker on it :) that was great!

ASHRAF is right ~ The YRX didn't have the standard bodykit when it first came out ~ The bodykit only became a standard after Jan 2006 ~ Though I'm not sure about the allow wheels though ~ It did have fog lights ~

I see a few 2005 YRX models around here ~ They stare at my YRX and look a bit angry.....hehe ~ I wonder why that is !?! Lalalalalala ~

Jaspie ~

ASHRAF
02-28-2007, 05:31 PM
hasher22, I'm not offending u
so don't take it prsonally

I've asked about the body kit

there are 2 types

the available one to buy is the sportivo body kit (it is not the same as the YRX one)

here is a kit nearly the same as the YRX's kit
http://www.japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=1113

and here is the sportivo kit (the available one)
http://www.japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=1124

now you can see the difference

Jaspie, thanx for the info and I'm also bit angry about the kit
why isn't it available 4 us???

(about the Lexus badges, I was thinking about doing the same stupid thing lo0ol)

Speedz
02-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Not worth getting the OEM kits from the dealer coz they will charge you an insane price...

Jaspie is right on the 2005 YRX model... thats why I didnt get YRX coz that time it doesnt have a kit... only difference is they have a 6 stack CD player, different interior trim, foggies & alloy wheels with the same dimension & rubber as the YRS...

Speedz
02-28-2007, 05:35 PM
If there is a way of getting kit that is 1/2 of what Aust dealer charges me for it I will get it...

I'm waiting on Jimcat's fog lights... cost me 1/9 of what Southside Toyota wanted to charge me...

ASHRAF
02-28-2007, 06:12 PM
I've got alloys, foggies, HU, and just waiting for the kit to be a YRX hehehe

Speedz
02-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Change the muffler too...

Given change & $$ I will do that too... maybe a TRD one....

hasher22
02-28-2007, 07:45 PM
......................... well then i thaught u wanted the yrx kit hence i think sum1 said that its only avail to yrx owners only. Plus if you tried ur best to look for it in australia....then buy it from japanparts.com

who wants to give me their underseat tray?? i need it to store my weed.......seriously

jaspie
03-01-2007, 09:09 AM
hasher22, I'm not offending u
so don't take it prsonally

I've asked about the body kit

there are 2 types

the available one to buy is the sportivo body kit (it is not the same as the YRX one)

here is a kit nearly the same as the YRX's kit
http://www.japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=1113

and here is the sportivo kit (the available one)
http://www.japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=1124

now you can see the difference

Jaspie, thanx for the info and I'm also bit angry about the kit
why isn't it available 4 us???

(about the Lexus badges, I was thinking about doing the same stupid thing lo0ol)

Yea.....I get what you mean ~ I am annoyed for you guys that you can't get the YRX body kit ~ I want more people to join me >_< ~

Speedz.....Southside Toyota is a rip off in everything ~ The cars.....the service.....the parts ~

I went there three times.....1st for my complimentary service (FREE!!!).....second cause my HU was faulty and get a new one (FREE!!!) and third to pick up the CD's I lift in my HU (...FREE?!?) ~

......and that's gonna be the last time I go there ~

hasher22.....underseat tray is very useful.....not for weed in my case -_-" ~ Wonder if they sell aftermarket ones ~

Jaspie ~

ASHRAF
03-01-2007, 08:32 PM
Change the muffler too...

Given change & $$ I will do that too... maybe a TRD one....

I'm thinkin about whole new cat-back exhaust
but I'm waiting to know which body kit I'm going for and build an exhaust that suits it

......................... well then i thaught u wanted the yrx kit hence i think sum1 said that its only avail to yrx owners only. Plus if you tried ur best to look for it in australia....then buy it from japanparts.com

who wants to give me their underseat tray?? i need it to store my weed.......seriously

ordering from japanparts.com will cost alot for shipping
if I'm ordering from there, I'll get something better

Yea.....I get what you mean ~ I am annoyed for you guys that you can't get the YRX body kit ~ I want more people to join me >_< ~

Speedz.....Southside Toyota is a rip off in everything ~ The cars.....the service.....the parts ~

I went there three times.....1st for my complimentary service (FREE!!!).....second cause my HU was faulty and get a new one (FREE!!!) and third to pick up the CD's I lift in my HU (...FREE?!?) ~

......and that's gonna be the last time I go there ~

hasher22.....underseat tray is very useful.....not for weed in my case -_-" ~ Wonder if they sell aftermarket ones ~

Jaspie ~

Thanx Jaspie for the reply and I'll keep trying
maybe someday they'll make it available 4 us

hasher22
03-02-2007, 12:10 AM
get the kit from malaysia??

if i had the money i would go to the gialla front and side kit + the other one for the back......cant remember it but its that white car with the cat paws on the bonnet...and yerr lol

http://www.japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=1225

http://www.japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=1228

the underseat tray!!! ill look for it in japanparts.com.........mmmmm hide stuff from cops....hehehe

these tails are hot!!

http://www.japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=1092

ASHRAF
03-02-2007, 10:21 AM
the gialla kit is good, but not my style
I'm searching for something sweet & simple
If I had the money, I'll chane my car th Vitz RS and get the DAMD front spoiler (it's really hot)

the tails are really hot, but not for a black Yaris.
I think I'll buy the JDM LED ones

ASHRAF
03-02-2007, 10:22 AM
and good luck with the underseat tray thingy

hasher22
03-04-2007, 12:29 AM
i cant find the underseat tray...no big deal....

anyway the gialla front kit......i saw pics of it on a yaris...from ozecho.com

i didnt like it.....

ASHRAF
03-04-2007, 09:15 AM
I like the rear bumper & side skirts of the ings+1 kit, not the front end though.

I think if I have the money sometime soon, I'll get the vitz RS front end with the DAMD front spoiler, and the side skirts as well as the rear bumper will be ings+1, I hope so

hasher22, good luck with what u r searching for

i would like to see some photos of the underseat tray if u find it

cYa

hasher22
03-22-2007, 07:18 PM
ive stopped searchin for a tray..........cant be bothered now...lol

btw i thinking of gettin 17" rims though my concern is with the speedo......will an upsize of the tyre will make the speedo inacurate and will give false speeds??......im scared about that :(

townie
03-25-2007, 04:53 AM
I figure the speedo is out anyway...... it never matches the speed that my GPS displays!

hasher22
03-25-2007, 05:25 AM
Yea im thinking the speedo is fooked!!! i was on de highway and i was going 125 and im thinking to myself...that doesnt look right, i dont feel im going 125

but when i get my new wheels, im gonna get a speed test run......anyone know where to get one??

edit : u know when the speed doesnt feel right, cuz i was going the "same speed" as everyone else.....and i dont think the rest of the highway drivers will go 125 on a 100 zone.....

DollaZo
03-27-2007, 02:24 AM
ive stopped searchin for a tray..........cant be bothered now...lol

btw i thinking of gettin 17" rims though my concern is with the speedo......will an upsize of the tyre will make the speedo inacurate and will give false speeds??......im scared about that :(

If you were to go 17" rims then you have to decide carefully on tyre profile. For example I went 17" rims with a low profile of 40's, more rim, less rubber. This means that I have the same diameter wheel as before.

Another good example would be eTiMaGo setup. He is running 18" rims on his car with a 35 low profile setup, more rim, less rubber, same diameter.

Although the speedo is way way way off, this might help in term of size and choice.