PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Installed TRD Springs Problem

gmodder
02-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Well toyota basically threw in the TRD springs and rear sway bar on my new 09 3dr LB..But now my pass side strut is leaking..Went to the dealership this morn but Sat are extremely busy for them so made a appointment for Mon...I couldnt get a straight answer as to whether Iam taking a chance driving the car with this leak...until then..being its the only car i have i really dont have much choice..

Does anyone have any Idea why this would happen..Trying to get some info from the experts before going back on monday....

It leaks right at the bottom of the strut..

Guy at toyota told me that sometimes they over fill or charge them Not sure what that means..

Phaeton
02-28-2009, 10:46 AM
The seal might have been bad on the strut, it's not the end of the world.

gmodder
02-28-2009, 10:49 AM
but am i taking a chance driving it..can the fender basically fall all the way down on the tire

Shroomster
02-28-2009, 11:42 AM
most likely not gonnna happen.....are you planning on using the car to jump over things?

then no....

06vitzRS
02-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Your springs hold your car up, not your struts. All the strut does is control spring oscilation.(bouncing) If your spring was busted i wouldn't drive it. Since it's only the strut leaking, just don't go racing around, you'll be fine.

gmodder
02-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Ok thanks...sorry iam not a car man iam a geek...still learning the car ins and outs

gmodder
03-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Well toyota just told me the strut is on backorder...And iam like wtf...I told them they better do something like right now havint even had the car 2 weeks and already having issues....I told them you have 20 yaris's on your lot take one off of those and you wait for the strut to come in...Iam so pissed right now..

BLAZINBLUEVITZ
03-03-2009, 06:47 PM
RELAX, chances are tech messed something up with install or possibly shock just went bad. either way its covered under warranty seeing as the dealer installed them and its 1 year /12,ooo miles from that date. i'll check tomorrow if shock is really on back order.

gmodder
03-04-2009, 09:58 AM
RELAX, chances are tech messed something up with install or possibly shock just went bad. either way its covered under warranty seeing as the dealer installed them and its 1 year /12,ooo miles from that date. i'll check tomorrow if shock is really on back order.

Thanks man

Tamago
03-04-2009, 10:04 AM
how do you know the strut is leaking?

BLAZINBLUEVITZ
03-04-2009, 10:53 AM
part is on back order.....

gmodder
03-04-2009, 01:24 PM
part is on back order.....

Yes they told me it will take about a week to get it..They said it cant be dropped shipped because of hazardous material..so this is why it is taking longer...But they have made me happy by giving me the K&N cold air for all my troubles..

BLAZINBLUEVITZ
03-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Yes they told me it will take about a week to get it..They said it cant be dropped shipped because of hazardous material..so this is why it is taking longer...But they have made me happy by giving me the K&N cold air for all my troubles..

at least their fixing it for you with no hassles.:thumbsup:

Shroomster
03-05-2009, 02:05 AM
But they have made me happy by giving me the K&N cold air for all my troubles..

!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!

spookz
03-05-2009, 03:24 AM
they gave you a free cold air intake?? =O

wow, lucky!

*MAD DOG*
03-05-2009, 07:13 AM
I wish my dealer had offered me TRD springs as an option.

gmodder
03-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Well now the dealership is telling me the 17Th on the strut...And they said they didnot agree to the K&N filter...So i have filed a complaint with Toyota Finacial Service...I will be stopping by the dealership tonight hopefully i dont go to jail...

Shroomster
03-11-2009, 02:10 AM
lmao....

I'll say this for those who have said it before....

get it in writing, get it witnessed, and get it signed......

Lafiro
03-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Yeah, if it aint in writing, you will lose in court and they can in turn sue you instead!