PDA

View Full Version : Chapelle

ChinoCharles
08-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Saw him live in Cleveland last night. It was awesome... outdoor venue and they were taping it for something, probably a DVD. I was like 15 rows back. He had some interesting stuff to say about Hollywood and why he was kind of taking a break. He said HBO offered him a deal worth some ungodly amount of money and he likened it to someone bringing you into a room and saying "Here's 50 million bucks, its all yours!" and then putting their... um, "junk" on top of it. Hahaha! He apparently chose to pass on the money. :clap:

ceres
08-21-2006, 02:44 PM
Yep, that's why Chapelle: The Lost Episodes is showing on Comedy Central with his buddies instead of him. He fought to have those skits never shown but obviously didn't win. They offered him a ton of money, too.
Maybe him turning down HBO is why we instead see a Dane Cook show. Booooooring. I have no desire to see comedians in a reality show not being funny (even though attempting to).

Yaris Revenge
08-24-2006, 08:48 AM
I tried to like Chapelle, but I just can't. Kept hearing how great it was at work, but it did nothing but bore me to tears. Just not my kind of humor, I guess.

~YR

stuffy
08-31-2006, 09:36 PM
i like chapelle, but he doesn't have much variation in his material.