PDA

View Full Version : TRD Sportivo Vios track test drive in Malaysia

eTiMaGo
03-03-2009, 11:47 PM
http://paultan.org/archives/2009/03/04/toyota-trd-vios-test-drive-at-the-sepang-f1-circuit/

An interesting writeup... Funny how he complains about the manual transmission feeling vague, someone send these guys some NST goodies!

supmet
03-03-2009, 11:53 PM
"The TRD Sportivo Vios comes with Tein shock absorbers and springs made to TRD specs."

I'd always heard TRD shocks were eibach? Are these special TRD springs?

spookz
03-04-2009, 12:15 AM
I think the springs in the US market are by TRD USA, which are manufactured by Eibach. However TRD Sportivo is a line from TRD Japan, so the manufacturer might be different.

kngrsll
03-04-2009, 06:19 PM
i would love to have some goodies off that car...

Terrorize
03-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Yes...TRD Asia is releasing a new line of Sportivo goodies for the Vios this year...
I think there are 3 cars they made to test fit these goodies.
The sport shocks/struts are designed by TRD and manufacturer by Tein.
There are also TRD Racing seats made by Recaro....

Oh...its all in that article etimago posted.... i am just looking at it now =)

Jerkratt
03-05-2009, 01:26 AM
:drool::drool: i want those TRD recaro's

Kaotic Lazagna
03-05-2009, 02:31 AM
hehe, since I have a TRD Sportivo emblem on mine for the longest time, I guess mine is technically the first one. lol, j/k.

Jerkratt
03-05-2009, 02:36 AM
i got the trd sportivo shocks and struts aswell and i have the emblem on my car also... i want those seats! dammit!

Terrorize
03-05-2009, 03:50 AM
LOL.... you should ask Thomas and Garm to see if they can hook us up...i'm sure once the dealer has them in Thailand/Malaysia they can get them and ship them to us! =) Not going to be cheap though.....

MUSKOKA800
03-05-2009, 11:23 AM
I'd like a Recaro drivers seat. The trouble is finding one wide enough for my bulk and fit into the Yaris' limited space. The stocker certainly isn't cutting it in the twisties.

My blue TRD shocks/struts are definitely produced by KYB (stamped), not sure who wound the springs but they are Eibach red. As is the rear anti-sway bar. This equipment all came from a US TRD dealer.

Kaotic Lazagna
03-05-2009, 02:08 PM
I'd like a Recaro drivers seat. The trouble is finding one wide enough for my bulk and fit into the Yaris' limited space. The stocker certainly isn't cutting it in the twisties.

My blue TRD shocks/struts are definitely produced by KYB (stamped), not sure who wound the springs but they are Eibach red. As is the rear anti-sway bar. This equipment all came from a US TRD dealer.

Yup, mine say "KYB" right on them too, but I have Tein S.Tech's for springs. lol.