PDA

View Full Version : [Information] Tire of emergency of the Yaris

Sérgio Barros
08-22-2006, 04:05 AM
I had a puncture.

As they know the Yaris backwards that tire supelente of emergency.
In case that they have a puncture and they take 4 or 5 people and load in the luggage, they forget the exchange.
Therefore “the normal” tire does not fit in the place of the tire supelente with the retreating bank.
E in the luggage, with it only stops in the maximum capacity, and as they know the luggage in the maximum capacity does not have space for the legs of the back occupants. E after placed there, does not give to pull the bank stops backwards and placing the deep one of plastic.
Moreover the noise of rolling of the tire supelente is enormous.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/9743/furoea8.jpg

Trying to translate, I think what the poster is saying is: If you have a flat tire while traveling with a full load of passengers and the trunk loaded to capacity, the flat you take off will not fit in the place of the temp tire.
Therefore you are forced to put stuff from the trunk with the back passengers. That makes for really cramped legs for the back passengers. Also, the noise from the little temp tire is very loud. Not the best translation Im sure, but sounds good to me.:iono:

Henshin
08-22-2006, 11:27 AM
i understand.

pxpaulx
08-23-2006, 10:59 AM
come on, be nice!

nevertheless, to the original poster - huh?

ketel0ne
08-23-2006, 01:49 PM
I had a flat 3 days in and found the same things.

The original tire does not fit in the place where the spare came from.

The road noise is very loud on the spare.

MWill517
08-23-2006, 01:55 PM
Trying to translate, I think what the poster is saying is: If you have a flat tire while traveling with a full load of passengers and the trunk loaded to capacity, the flat you take off will not fit in the place of the temp tire.
Therefore you are forced to put stuff from the trunk with the back passengers. That makes for really cramped legs for the back passengers. Also, the noise from the little temp tire is very loud. Not the best translation Im sure, but sounds good to me.:iono:

Sérgio Barros
08-23-2006, 03:26 PM
MWill517 Thanks a lot for the translation.
The form as you translated is correct.

I one more time ask for excuse for my writing. My English isn´t good.

MWill517
08-23-2006, 03:44 PM
No problem Sergio, glad to help out.
Nice ride you have, and the details you did on the car in your other thread is awesome!!

Violin
08-23-2006, 04:27 PM
One of the nice things about having an international car is that this forum becomes international.

mikeukrainetz
08-23-2006, 05:38 PM
I know its not really applicable in the 'fully loaded' situation but my Yaris has some kind of funny tie strap for a flat that comes out of the back of the rear seat.

Sérgio Barros
08-24-2006, 03:53 AM
No problem Sergio, glad to help out.
Nice ride you have, and the details you did on the car in your other thread is awesome!!

Concerning the details still I am in the start.
Who made the details was a friend mine.

Katana
08-24-2006, 05:51 AM
I have faced the same problem with the new one!

I had had the frustration of having a flat tire and after that I found out that the original wheel couldn't fit into the hole.As a result, I placed it on the rear passengers seat...

Henshin
08-24-2006, 07:47 AM
I know its not really applicable in the 'fully loaded' situation but my Yaris has some kind of funny tie strap for a flat that comes out of the back of the rear seat.

yeah, i got that too... dunt know what to do with it... perhaps it is to tow the flat behind the car?

Has anyone tried to see if the flat will fit in one of the 25 glove boxes? I'm just asking because I don't have enough gloves to fill 1 glove box and thought they might be useful for other things.

i guess this means no hope for upgrading to a full size spare? (my camry had that and it was very handy.

TrancosRt
08-29-2006, 05:02 PM
The flat tire is not supposed to got where the flat tire goes. If you look at th manual, you'll see that it does tied up to the back of the back seat with an inluded "flat rope" (does that exist?). At least, I got the "rope" in my CQ HB.