PDA

View Full Version : Blitz SuperCharger Install

PETERPOOP
03-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Will begin tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated.

I will be posting my progress and questions in here. Thanks in advance!

I will have noogie and whoope's threads open during the install!

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp250/tropicalsuckerpunch/CIMG3828.jpg

LtNoogie
03-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Good luck Peter. I'll be watching the thread.

tk-421
03-06-2009, 10:05 PM
That's sexy looking. Subscribed. :drool:

Jerkratt
03-06-2009, 10:55 PM
cant wait

yarisugi
03-06-2009, 11:07 PM
I hope you do a DIY on this :) lots lots and lots of pics.:thumbsup:

PETERPOOP
03-07-2009, 01:12 AM
Well the belt that came with the package is too long. It was 66.7" long. I need a 66" long belt. Whoopee told me that the one that came with his kit actually fit. He said he was the first one to have it fit. Looks I am headed to checkers tomorrow! No biggie.

808_Yaris
03-07-2009, 01:19 AM
Good luck with the install. I'm itching for a supercharger :(

yarisugi
03-07-2009, 02:52 AM
The weather forecast for tomorrow - rain with possiblility of thunder showers.

PETERPOOP
03-07-2009, 02:53 AM
Nothing will stop me!

1NZYaris1
03-07-2009, 02:54 AM
:drool: Send it to me , i'll show you how it's done :thumbup:

LtNoogie
03-07-2009, 02:55 AM
Just leave that green protective sheet on the blower until the last minute to keep debris from falling in.

nisyota
03-07-2009, 03:45 AM
not just lots of pics... but video as well!!! the sound of a supercharger going down the street or strip is awesome!!!

don't forget the video... :D

PETERPOOP
03-07-2009, 11:45 AM
HAH, you obviously don't know who I am. I LOVE videos! I have always asked the people with turbo or S/C to make videos, but they don't. Jerks! ;)

Even whoopee said he'll make so much videos, that i'll get sick of it! But he couldn't even get one to work..

Once this thing is on and working and no cels are on, I will be having plenty and plenty of videos! TRUST ME!

fuji
03-07-2009, 12:40 PM
I would like to see this after it is installed!

marcus
03-07-2009, 02:04 PM
im inlove with that piece..*sigh*

PETERPOOP
03-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Just got the crank pulley on, time to start on the S/C. Ofcourse after I eat a burrito.

808_Yaris
03-07-2009, 04:40 PM
starting soon?!?

cali yaris
03-07-2009, 04:49 PM
what kind of burrito? pineapple? :laugh:

whooppee777
03-07-2009, 04:52 PM
HAH, you obviously don't know who I am. I LOVE videos! I have always asked the people with turbo or S/C to make videos, but they don't. Jerks! ;)

Even whoopee said he'll make so much videos, that i'll get sick of it! But he couldn't even get one to work..

Once this thing is on and working and no cels are on, I will be having plenty and plenty of videos! TRUST ME!

if i hadnt lost that pulley the same day i installed it there would have been more videos.

i mostly drive with the supercharger off since i dont have the right pulley. so unless u want a video of a video of a boosted yaris with the blower turned off, that is slower than a stock yaris i'll b glad to record that. NOT

there is one more video i can upload though

PETERPOOP
03-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Well Noogie said that he left off Spacer B that is at the bottom of the blitz alternator bracket. We put it on and eyeballed it and the pulley from blitz did look out of line with the crank pulley. So we are taking off the spacer B and seeing if this works.

The alternator goes on first with Spacer B where the installation manual says but the alternator is too far offset from the rest of the pulleys.

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp346/LtNoogie/P1020324-1.jpg

Oh yeah, others have mentioned this. The bolts all come in one bag. It is up to you to figure out which bolt is the right one to use.

Finally, we decide to not use the second Spacer B and the alternator goes on and all of the pulleys are parallel to each other and are lined up.

LtNoogie
03-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Good to see that taking the alternator off was not a chore.

PETERPOOP
03-07-2009, 06:17 PM
I am hating how these bolts aren't listed in the instructions and you have to guess for the majority of them on which are to be used where.

LtNoogie
03-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Yeah. KK had made a list of where each of them go. I eventually went to the auto parts store and bought a box of metric hardware. I ended up using some of it because I had used the wrong bolt and nut in another location.

PHXDEMON
03-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Another install :biggrin:

PETERPOOP
03-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Yeah. KK had made a list of where each of them go. I eventually went to the auto parts store and bought a box of metric hardware. I ended up using some of it because I had used the wrong bolt and nut in another location.

Was the wrong bolt the long one used BELOW the one where you didn't end up using spacer B? Because that bolt seems ridiculously long for that.

PETERPOOP
03-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Still going..

kurokoma-kun
03-07-2009, 08:24 PM
VIIIDDDDEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZ-A :biggrin:

Peter unless I'm seeing things wrong I think that top alternator bolt is in the wrong hole in the bracket. I did the exact same thing, see the pic.
Properly installed it goes in the other top hole (the red pointer), sorry i didn't get a shot of it on there the right way.

Also maybe it's just the angle of your pic, but that a/c line looks awful close to making contact with the belt once its installed over the pulley on the compressor, it might be easier to secure them out of the way before the compressor goes on... I had to adjust mine afterwards and its a real b*itch even if you have skinny arms :wink:

Lt Noogie is correct, I sent Garm an edited version of the instructions with the hardware issues clarified as well as I could. For example in the previous English instructions the steps refer to bolt numbers, but there are no numbers next to items in the parts list... so I numbered them by comparing them to the original Japanese booklet. Sorry, I don't have a copy here or I'd PM it to yuh.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc233/mojojojo2323/supercharger/alt_wrongtophole.jpg

PETERPOOP
03-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Actually, that picture was from noogie's install. I believe we have it in the right spot. We are now having trouble with the middle bolt that goes in the manifold. It's impossible! Did you guys remove the fuel rail completely? Or just moved it around. We didn't remove the two bolts that were on the side of the fuel rail, just the ones in front. Didn't think it would have made a difference if we removed the ones on the side.

kurokoma-kun
03-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Actually, that picture was from noogie's install. I believe we have it in the right spot. We are now having trouble with the middle bolt that goes in the manifold. It's impossible! Did you guys remove the fuel rail completely? Or just moved it around. We didn't remove the two bolts that were on the side of the fuel rail, just the ones in front. Didn't think it would have made a difference if we removed the ones on the side.

Yes undo all of them. If you don't want to completely remove the fuel rail, here's a trick for getting the nut on that center stud in the cylinder head. Use a ratcheting swiveling box end wrench.

Wrap a narrow strip of duct tape around the outer edge of nut, in the opposite direction of tightening, leaving a long tail of tape... you will stick this to the wrench handle.

Wedge the taped nut into the flat end of wrench, insert into the space between fuel rail and manifold, place the nut over the stud and try to turn.

After it catches even one thread, you can lift the tool straight up and off the nut. Then use it to press the flat surface of the nut while you pull off the tape strip--the action of pulling the tape off tightens the nut a couple more turns.

Then you can get in there with the ratcheting end to finish tightening.

PETERPOOP
03-07-2009, 09:44 PM
K did that. Still going..

LtNoogie
03-07-2009, 10:28 PM
KK is right. You have the alternator little bracket in the wrong hole. If you go to Post #59 of my thread, you'll see that I had to drop it to the hole below.

I must be the only one who did not have a problem with that middle manifold nut.

Keep going. Be strong.:biggrin:

PETERPOOP
03-07-2009, 10:28 PM
In the directions, it says to put 5 stud bolts into the compressor. It had the five holes circled. But there are six holes and they don't address to put a stud bolt in the sixth hole in the future steps. I was condering if you guys decided to put one in, or did you just do the five?

It's step 14 in (6) Manifold and Compressor Mounting

PETERPOOP
03-07-2009, 10:29 PM
KK is right. You have the alternator little bracket in the wrong hole. If you go to Post #59 of my thread, you'll see that I had to drop it to the hole below.

Yah, we saw that! Good thing we browsed ahead in your thread.

LtNoogie
03-07-2009, 10:32 PM
There may be a stud that comes out of the intake manifold. I don't remember. Check it.

Nevermind. Step 15 tells you what to do with the last hole.

kurokoma-kun
03-07-2009, 10:39 PM
In the directions, it says to put 5 stud bolts into the compressor. It had the five holes circled. But there are six holes and they don't address to put a stud bolt in the sixth hole in the future steps. I was condering if you guys decided to put one in, or did you just do the five?

It's step 14 in (6) Manifold and Compressor Mounting

Do just what it says...you will see why in the next step... in that 6th hole you should put a single M6x16 bolt... you have 7 of these, most of which will be used to attach the inlet pipe later

dayam I sure do wish I had those fixed up instruction to send you, or that Garm was here to do it

oh yeah don't neglect to install that dipstick bracket like it says in the "hint" under step 16, it will save you headaches when it comes time to reinstall the dipstick

LtNoogie
03-07-2009, 10:46 PM
We sound like a bunch of midwives.

Push! Push!

kurokoma-kun
03-07-2009, 10:52 PM
lol :bellyroll: ah just wait til you hear the baby wailing peter

then its time for VIDDEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZZZZZ yuh bum

PETERPOOP
03-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Totally didn't see that part about the 6th hole. We are kicking ourselves in the butt now. Still going...

Oh yah, I wish I knew about needing a longer vacuum hose! All the stores are closed and I am left with the stock vacuum hose. Will skip that and press on! Neeeed fooood.....can't thinkk......foood foood foood!

kurokoma-kun
03-07-2009, 11:12 PM
you are gonna have a hella hard time getting that vac hose on the fitting if you skip ahead and reinstall the throttle body in front of it, the fitting is well buried under there and about zero clearance... not tellin yuh what to do, just an observation based on experience :wink:

so, whats for dinner? :biggrin:

LtNoogie
03-07-2009, 11:17 PM
You really should get some vacuum hose.

Or you could skip ahead and fight the belt.

PETERPOOP
03-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Eggs, potatos, and toast. I know I really should get it, but the stores are closed. We already re-installed the TB and Afe intake. No worries KK, we got it. ;)

The belt will go on tomorrow. Just finished putting the pulley on and the bolt for the 6th hole that was skipped. Tomorrow will be the belt, putting on longer vacuum hose, and wiring! Then whining all around town!

yarisugi
03-07-2009, 11:52 PM
Damn. I was hoping you'd beat the record for fastest install. But staying alive is more important I guess. Food is good.

(When you're done, you can help me with foglight installation! :) DIY section didn't really help)

LtNoogie
03-07-2009, 11:52 PM
You made good progress.

PETERPOOP
03-08-2009, 12:18 AM
Damn. I was hoping you'd beat the record for fastest install. But staying alive is more important I guess. Food is good.

(When you're done, you can help me with foglight installation! :) DIY section didn't really help)

Yah definately not beating any records. For the wiring, it's going to be solder'd. So that'll take some time.

You should meet up with 808_Yaris. He lives in town and could probably help you. I have aftermarket foglights in, but they aren't even wired up yet. I haven't had time to do it, and especially now i don't. hah.

Oh yah, strange thing, I didn't have to file down the manifold for it to fit. So that saved some time!

Getting there...

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp250/tropicalsuckerpunch/CIMG3864.jpg

Thanks for the tips noogie and KK!

cali yaris
03-08-2009, 12:46 AM
I sent him your edited instructions!

eTiMaGo
03-08-2009, 01:34 AM
looking gooood! and awesome teamwork :thumbsup:

PETERPOOP
03-08-2009, 01:45 AM
I sent him your edited instructions!

You did You did. I missed a step, that's all. KK thought I didn't have the up to date instructions. I do wish though that the bolts were labeled and were numbered like the other blitz parts! Oh wells.

kurokoma-kun
03-08-2009, 08:11 AM
I am hating how these bolts aren't listed in the instructions...

yah based on that I assumed... sheesh, I coulda just said RTFM :rolleyes:

Good luck with the rest of of it PP!

PS--VIDEOS, mofuggah

PETERPOOP
03-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Just some pics before we start working on it again...

Got the belt on. Getting the longer vacuum hose now and ordering some NGK iridium spark plugs from the local Napa Auto Parts. Should be in tomorrow.

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp250/tropicalsuckerpunch/CIMG3869.jpg

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp250/tropicalsuckerpunch/CIMG3871.jpg

Here's my other "car" that I'm driving while the Yaris is down. The thing that kills me is, it was shiny clean under the cover, then when i have to drive it.....it's pouring rain! Oh wells, it's a truck.

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp250/tropicalsuckerpunch/CIMG3875.jpg

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp250/tropicalsuckerpunch/CIMG3877.jpg

PHXDEMON
03-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Nice progress :thumbsup:

PETERPOOP
03-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Doing the wiring now..

Noogie's S/C thread is very informative.

PETERPOOP
03-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Can't wait to put this in.

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp250/tropicalsuckerpunch/CIMG3881.jpg

Jerkratt
03-08-2009, 06:01 PM
lol cant wait for my pay to get raised so i can start saving for everything i need for a t hehe but seriously great work so far.. im waiting for the pictures and the videos of the whinnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

PETERPOOP
03-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Having trouble locating A21-55# on the 60 pin harness for the ECU. The wiring diagram doesn't list it. What the..

CTScott
03-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Having trouble locating A21-55# on the 60 pin harness for the ECU. The wiring diagram doesn't list it. What the..

It's the red wire (VPA) from the accelerator position sensor to the ECU:

PETERPOOP
03-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks for that thing! The part that says A21 on the top is in japanese on my instructions. And it doesn't have all the numbers!

nisyota
03-08-2009, 09:22 PM
so... is it installed yet? :D

LtNoogie
03-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Peter. Close your eyes and just use the Force.:rolleyes: j/k

I don't think I read much of the instructions during this part of the installation. I followed the wiring diagram and counted pins from the edge of ECU connectors.

This is where you have to be very careful that you are oriented correctly to the diagram. My brother and I independently counted out and called out what color wire should be worked on next. We only proceeded if we argreed upon the color of the harness wire.

PETERPOOP
03-08-2009, 10:06 PM
soldering and shrink wrapping is taking forever...

808_Yaris
03-08-2009, 10:09 PM

so you'll be finished today peter? :biggrin:

AlexNet0
03-08-2009, 10:14 PM
I hope so, Im still awake and need something to follow, lol

808_Yaris
03-08-2009, 10:35 PM
lol peter did you need to use a magnet again?

PETERPOOP
03-08-2009, 10:37 PM
hah. 808_yaris was a help with his magnet yesterday. Some bolts fell down the engine bay and we used that thing to get them out! Hoping to be done today! Have one more wire to solder!!! Still haven't put the controller anywhere yet. Might just let it hang for now so we can test drive it. Once the wire is done soldering, need to hook up the battery and start her up... I pray for no CELs.

LtNoogie
03-08-2009, 10:43 PM
I remember using the magnet too. Also had to lay on the floor and reach around in the lower shroud for tools that I dropped in the engine bay.

KCALB SIRAY
03-08-2009, 11:05 PM
But it is sooo worth it in the end with a clean factory look and better protection. Can't wait to see it
I remember using the magnet too. Also had to lay on the floor and reach around in the lower shroud for tools that I dropped in the engine bay.
huh huh, Long said "reach around" :eek:

anonymous user
03-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Can't wait to put this in.

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp250/tropicalsuckerpunch/CIMG3881.jpg
I put it in every tank. It feels great when you first add it. I think the car adjusts to it though.

So how was the install, and did you have a mechanic help you, or someone just lent you a hand?

PETERPOOP
03-09-2009, 12:16 AM
IT'S ALIVE!!! No fuel leaks. Everything is running GREAT! No CELS! Just the smell of burnt rubber in the rain!!! MUAHAHAHA! So much torque!!! I love it. Can't wait to run my new exhaust setup and free up more HP in the higher RPMS!

Thanks to noogie and KK for the tips! Noogie's thread was very helpful!

VIDEOS COMING TONIGHT!!!

kou
03-09-2009, 12:20 AM
congratulations :thumbup::burnrubber:

PETERPOOP
03-09-2009, 12:35 AM
I put it in every tank. It feels great when you first add it. I think the car adjusts to it though.

So how was the install, and did you have a mechanic help you, or someone just lent you a hand?

No mechanic. My dad helped me. Definately would not want to do it again. I will probably only be using half a bottle or a third of the boost octane when i fill up!

PETERPOOP
03-09-2009, 12:47 AM
I ain't no camell, doc, noogie, KK, whoope, etc.. Here's my video of me driving the car seconds after finishing install! Yah baby! It was raining the entire time we were installing it. The roads were wet and provided no traction when I wanted to open it up. I'll still put up the video. Once the weather dries up this week (hopefully), I'll get some 0-60 videos (etc.) without a passenger riding with me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFT8SE1kSHM

The tires were spinning the entire time in 1st during the 1st clip of me driving it. I didn't even take it to 6000rpms because it got no traction! MORE VIDEOS TO COME THIS WEEK!

LtNoogie
03-09-2009, 01:25 AM
Welcome to the club.:smile:

How much clearance do you have between your belt and air conditioner block thingy? It was hard to tell from your video.

PETERPOOP
03-09-2009, 01:29 AM
Thanks. I got a few inches. I didn't even tie it to the side or whatever. Just yanked it out of the way. I'll get better pics and videos tomorrow! Gotta install the iridium spark plugs still.

yarisugi
03-09-2009, 01:29 AM
Congrats to you! Another successful shadetree mechanic :) Looks like you're breakin' it in real nice. lol. I hate whiners, but this one I like.

LtNoogie
03-09-2009, 01:34 AM
Thanks. I got a few inches. I didn't even tie it to the side or whatever. Just yanked it out of the way. I'll get better pics and videos tomorrow! Gotta install the iridium spark plugs still.

Ok, young man. Your next mission is to tell the rest of us what's that weird noise when we turn on our A/C at idle.

I know you're broke after buying the S/C, but give a good long look at the engine cover thread I've posted.:drool: You'll just have to wait a little longer until you dyno the beast again.

PETERPOOP
03-09-2009, 01:48 AM
Can you give me a quick description of the kind of noises you guys are hearing with the A/C on at idle. This is with the compressor on or off? I will see if i hear anything.

LtNoogie
03-09-2009, 01:51 AM
It's at idle so the S/C compressor clutch is not engaged. It's a low but noticeable rrrrr... rrrrr... rrrrr. Coincides with the A/C compressor engaging and disengaging.

Hard to tell where in the car the sound is coming from.

PETERPOOP
03-09-2009, 01:56 AM
Oh geez. I will check it out tomorrow. I just want my exhaust setup and my gauges already! Then take it to the dyno!!!!

cali yaris
03-09-2009, 02:00 AM
hell yeah, that's right!! :clap: :clap:

LtNoogie
03-09-2009, 02:02 AM
These installs are starting to become routine. I think the hardest part is sending that PM to Garm saying..."I want to buy a Blitz S/C"... GULP!

ruimond
03-09-2009, 02:09 AM
Congrats on the install. Lucky people with Boost. Haha. Wish i had a 1NZ-FE, wonder if the kit works on the 2NZ-FE. I should have bought a 1.5 though. Superchargers cost so much. :(

PETERPOOP
03-09-2009, 02:14 AM
Thanks, you can always go the turbo route (headache!). This hobby IS expensive. I am broke as a joke and still need to spend a grand more to complete the car in it's performance department. Need a new exhaust setup and autometer gauges. Ah! And possibly water/meth injection!? dun dun dun

nisyota
03-09-2009, 02:30 AM
00o0o!! that sounds and looks so sexy!!! i wonder if my wife will ever notice that i installed a s/c on the car... hmm. LOL

That is awesome peterpoop.

1NZYaris1
03-09-2009, 02:31 AM
Thanks, you can always go the turbo route (headache!). This hobby IS expensive. I am broke as a joke and still need to spend a grand more to complete the car in it's performance department. Need a new exhaust setup and autometer gauges. Ah! And possibly water/meth injection!? dun dun dun

:rolleyes: You also need to put on the 1.8 Throttle body now every one knows how to stop the CEL problems :laugh:
i would love a S/C but as above NZ$ now at 2.1 - 1 , makes it a $7000.00
up grade +frieght for a $15000.00 NZ Car:thumbdown:
congrates on a Mod well done.

PETERPOOP
03-09-2009, 02:35 AM
Yes, the 1.8 tb is now on the future mods list!

kurokoma-kun
03-09-2009, 09:40 AM
I ain't no camell, doc, noogie, KK, whoope, etc.. Here's my video of me driving the car seconds after finishing install! Yah baby!

OMG is my car really that loud? No wonder old men frown and brandish their weedeaters at me when I go by :laugh: BTW, I made no video just to annoy you Poopy, so I'm pleased to see it had the desired effect :biggrin: But now I assume you will STFU and let the car do the whining :wink:

J/K, congrats PP! I'm so excited for you :thumbup:

Yoda
03-09-2009, 10:41 AM
AHHHH where have i been! good job dude enjoy the power

Doc Zaius
03-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Congrats on the install! :thumbsup: I totally missed this... a lot can happen on YW when you've been away for the whole weekend. And I'm glad to see that your video fetish will finally be sated.

PETERPOOP
03-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Congrats on the install! :thumbsup: I totally missed this... a lot can happen on YW when you've been away for the whole weekend. And I'm glad to see that your video fetish will finally be sated.

Haha thanks. Your posts were helpful while reading Noogie's install thread. Yet my video fetish will now be satisfied.

AHHHH where have i been! good job dude enjoy the power

thanks! i will enjoy the power! I will be looking for any fits and civics on the road to let them hear my whine!

OMG is my car really that loud? No wonder old men frown and brandish their weedeaters at me when I go by :laugh: BTW, I made no video just to annoy you Poopy, so I'm pleased to see it had the desired effect :biggrin: But now I assume you will STFU and let the car do the whining :wink:

J/K, congrats PP! I'm so excited for you :thumbup:

Nope! You will still see me asking people for videos! I can't wait to make more!

PETERPOOP
03-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Well I never promised anyone a video as I don't have a camcorder. I did not have threads to refer to when I installed mine and I did mine by myself. My first thought after my install was to make sure the car is running right not pics or videos. It is a little easier when you have everyone's previous experience with troubles and tips to help you along when you need it. If it was not for the other threads you probably would have had a lot more trouble and you probably would not have been making video's seconds after the install. You should be a lot more thankful to the people who did help instead of calling some of them out for not making video's.
With that said welcome to the club.

Thanks Captain Obvious. That's why in the earlier posts of this thread I repeatedly thank KK and Noogie. I also point out that Noogie's thread is very helpful. It's ok though, carry on Debbie Downer.

I'm off to make more videos!!!! videos FTW!

cali yaris
03-09-2009, 01:14 PM
I think the hardest part is sending that PM to Garm saying..."I want to buy a Blitz S/C"... GULP!

LOL - no, it's really easy. The hardest part is me replying that the last one in the USA is gone, and you'll have to wait for the next shipment which I have exclusive rights to. :biggrin:

yaris-me
03-09-2009, 01:44 PM
:clap:Job well done! Your car definitely whines. The S10 might hear it and back off. :thumbsup:

whooppee777
03-09-2009, 09:04 PM

wow i missed this also. i was in baltimore seeing my favorite band play saturday night. and then slept all day sunday cuz i was out all night. congrats.

Well Noogie said that he left off Spacer B that is at the bottom of the blitz alternator bracket. We put it on and eyeballed it and the pulley from blitz did look out of line with the crank pulley. So we are taking off the spacer B and seeing if this works.

i just want to put this out there.

my yaris ate the first belt without spacer B because the alternator was out of alignment without it. i put the spacer on and the alternator sits straight up the way it should and will most likely not eat anymore belts since the spacer is on

whooppee777
03-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Ah! And possibly water/meth injection!? dun dun dun

lets clear something up.

MYTH: water methanol injection increases horsepower

FACT: water/methanol injection lowers inlet temperature allowing higher boost levels without the risk of detonation/knocking.

one problem. u cant re tune this kit to run higher boost

LtNoogie
03-09-2009, 10:12 PM
my yaris ate the first belt without spacer B because the alternator was out of alignment without it. i put the spacer on and the alternator sits straight up the way it should and will most likely not eat anymore belts since the spacer is on

The mystery of spacer B will never be understood.:iono:

White Yaris
03-09-2009, 10:55 PM
nice nice good job peterpoop! Enjoy the blitz!

PETERPOOP
03-09-2009, 11:08 PM
i just want to put this out there.

Yah, i forgot to update that. We ended up using the spacer B. It is aligned perfectly with it. But yah, our kits might all be different. I didn't have to file down the manifold to make it fit. I also was running the belt that came with the kit today and yesterday, but squeeking occurred today and i bought the correct belt. Going to install the NGK iridium spark plugs soon, then take some videos tonight! :burnrubber:

PETERPOOP
03-09-2009, 11:09 PM
lets clear something up.

MYTH: water methanol injection increases horsepower

FACT: water/methanol injection lowers inlet temperature allowing higher boost levels without the risk of detonation/knocking.

one problem. u cant re tune this kit to run higher boost

Ah I seeee. I probably wouldn't have gone that route, but that is nice to know. I am just saving up for my new exhaust setup and I'll be a happy man. :thumbup:

Jerkratt
03-10-2009, 08:58 AM
unless u get a diff pulley... which icorrect me if im wrong NST makes or is making or will make :D

blacksandiegovitz
03-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Nice Bro ! So was it worth the money/time???

cali yaris
03-10-2009, 10:48 AM
unless u get a diff pulley... which icorrect me if im wrong NST makes or is making or will make :D

No, this is not going to happen. the Blitz kit has a clutch pulley that would be very difficult to reverse engineer. The other alternative is a fixed pulley, but then you very well might have tuning issues.

That leaves a slight overdrive crank pulley as a possibility, but again, possible tuning issues.

PETERPOOP
03-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Nice Bro ! So was it worth the money/time???

You know, I'd like a little more power. But who wouldn't, right? One could never be satisfied. But after knowing the power I've gotten with the blitz, I could never go back. So yes, worth the money/time. I just can't imagine how Garm's car would feel. :bow:

cali yaris
03-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Would the s/c guys go for an overdrive pulley? Is there room? Someone measure for that.

kurokoma-kun
03-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Would the s/c guys go for an overdrive pulley? Is there room? Someone measure for that.

How interesting, I was just discussing this with someone else.

How much enlargement is needed to see the benefit? I've seen overdrive pullies for the Mini that are just +2%...

There's less than a finger's width of clearance between crank and w/p pullies on the yaris--don't think that's enough? :iono:

I use my stock crank pulley as a paperweight however, I'll measure it tonight :biggrin:

cali yaris
03-10-2009, 05:13 PM
That is probably too close to do anything good with, unless a smaller w/p pulley was included.

OR, you could remove the w/p pulley and go with an electric water pump, but then you have a project on your hands... :biggrin:

Jerkratt
03-10-2009, 05:17 PM
^ hint hint lol

kurokoma-kun
03-10-2009, 05:26 PM
That is probably too close to do anything good with, unless a smaller w/p pulley was included.

OR, you could remove the w/p pulley and go with an electric water pump, but then you have a project on your hands... :biggrin:

Hmmm, electric alternator too? :bellyroll: Anything to be just like you Garm... as in finally rid of that stock ECM! :laugh: It's full of sorcery

cali yaris
03-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Yes -- I have snuck up on my car at night a few times and witnessed the eerie green glow from the ECU.... wonder what (or who) it is communicating with?

NonStopTuning
03-10-2009, 06:40 PM
How interesting, I was just discussing this with someone else.

How much enlargement is needed to see the benefit? I've seen overdrive pullies for the Mini that are just +2%...

There's less than a finger's width of clearance between crank and w/p pullies on the yaris--don't think that's enough? :iono:

I use my stock crank pulley as a paperweight however, I'll measure it tonight :biggrin:

Garm and I have chatted about this a couple times. And where there is a will, there is always a way. We have worked around such limitations in other SC Toyotas in the past. Think late 80s Toyota MR2 SC.

The dilemma we have has been the same one we have had since day one. We need someone with a SC Yaris, with the ability and willingness to test a pulley for us, and get some extensive dyno data with the stock pulley and any test pulley we offer. We have not had any serious takers.

You all know my phone number, my screen name, and my Email address. I am ready to chat whenever you guys are.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

AlexNet0
03-10-2009, 07:29 PM

Hey if you can source a bolt on electric water pump, demand is always pending availability, hehe

PETERPOOP
03-10-2009, 08:33 PM
I just want to say how AWESOME the car pulls when shifting down from let's say 5th to 3rd or 4th to second, or just being in higher rpms! I flew up the hill (freeway) today that I usually have to press the gas all the way down to make it up! Where's that s-10!? you're going down! Can't wait to open up the exhaust!

ps: my megan header came in today! whoohooo. 1 step closer to completing the exhaust!

I will be getting this magnaflow muffler for my setup. nobody probably will like that look, but i do, and that is all that matters! muaha. Website says $311, but if you have your local checkers bring it in, it was 270$. Can't wait!

2.25" in 3" out

http://images.magnaflow.com/02product/parts/14803.jpg

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=8054

marcus
03-10-2009, 09:47 PM
I just want to say how AWESOME the car pulls when shifting down from let's say 5th to 3rd or 4th to second, or just being in higher rpms! I flew up the hill (freeway) today that I usually have to press the gas all the way down to make it up! Where's that s-10!? you're going down! Can't wait to open up the exhaust!

ps: my megan header came in today! whoohooo. 1 step closer to completing the exhaust!

I will be getting this magnaflow muffler for my setup. nobody probably will like that look, but i do, and that is all that matters! muaha. Website says $311, but if you have your local checkers bring it in, it was 270$. Can't wait!

2.25" in 3" out

http://images.magnaflow.com/02product/parts/14803.jpg

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=8054

always wanted the dual tip setup but no one sell an axleback like this..i dont want to weld.

LtNoogie
03-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Peter, your eyes are getting heavy. You're dreaming of the one thing that will complete this install. mmmm... no more exposed valve cover and ignition wires.

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp346/LtNoogie/IMGP0949.jpg

PETERPOOP
03-10-2009, 11:33 PM
haha. if i do, it has to be after the exhaust is complete. sorry

PETERPOOP
03-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Ok, young man. Your next mission is to tell the rest of us what's that weird noise when we turn on our A/C at idle.

Well I've had the car idle with the a/c on and there is no weird noise. I don't know if the noise has to do with pre-ignition, but all I know is that I am running Lucas Boost Octane and I hear nothing. I didn't want to experience the knocking and what not others have experienced, so I put that in. I don't know if it's helping it or not, but I am not experiencing any weird noises at all from the kit. Only the clicking when the compressor turns on, and that is normal (still getting use to it). Good luck with the noise.... :frown:

sleey0
09-19-2010, 01:08 AM
Old thread, but could someone forward me the edited documetn that KK made illustrating all the bolts?

I am a complete noob at this and will need all the help I can get! lol

flyguyskt
09-20-2010, 02:04 PM
ya i want to supercharge my yaris hatch ... doe si t REALLY make the car feel better? i dont ned it to outrun corvettes or ferraris but the occasion minivan maybe.

where is the best place to buy a complete kit? cost?

cali yaris
09-20-2010, 02:27 PM
@ sleey0 I'll email you the install doc

@ flyguyskt: here: http://shop.microimageonline.com/BLITZ-supercharger-kit-Yaris-BLITZ-SC-Y.htm

I have two in stock.

fmicle
09-20-2010, 02:27 PM
It absolutely does, and then some. I also have a modified suspension and a rear sway bar, which I absolutely recommend before increasing power. The car is much more fun to drive, you will never look at it the same way again :smile:

The best place to buy the kit? www.microimageonline.com - Garm has the Blitz supercharger at the lowest cost I could find.

sleey0
09-20-2010, 05:45 PM
Do the intake and supercharger gaskets need any sealant?

maxxman420
09-20-2010, 05:56 PM
That is Awesome! you'll be squealin down the road! sexy part

flyguyskt
09-20-2010, 06:04 PM
so what are the perf numbers...i think i read it takes whp to 125 ish?

fmicle
09-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Do the intake and supercharger gaskets need any sealant?

Not that I know of... Just make sure you torque everything to spec consistently. Some members have had issues with shredded driving belts, but I've been running mine since February with no issues. I probably didn't tension the belt as much as I should have, but I don't get any squeaking, so I'm guessing it's enough. I was also very careful and spent a lot of time aligning all the pulleys, so that the belt doesn't have to run with sideways tension on it, trying to follow the pulleys. I have a used kit and I didn't get all the spacers that come with the standard kit, so I used washers to make my own spacers and made sure everything is aligned. As I said, so far so good, no issues whatsoever :smile:

fmicle
09-20-2010, 08:19 PM
so what are the perf numbers...i think i read it takes whp to 125 ish?

That's about right, I didn't want to spend money on a dyno, so I don't know the exact numbers, but Blitz advertises a 30-40 HP gain, so if we go with conservative estimates we have, say 92 WHP stock + 30 from Blitz = 122 WHP. If you get the DC Header and an aftermarket exhaust you're probably looking at 5-10 HP more.

<shameless plug>I am selling my Tanabe Medalion Touring exhaust and I'll be selling my S/C kit as well in a couple of weeks :wink:</shameless plug>

PETERPOOP
09-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Every dyno is different, so it's hard to tell. take it to the track.

sleey0
09-20-2010, 11:10 PM
Thanks, fmicle and I sent you a pm:D

I wish I lived anywhere near Cali:(

sleey0
09-22-2010, 10:04 PM
Can any of you supercharger guys take a picture of your stock ECU showing the wiring and also where you mounted the blitz piggyback?

THANKS!

fmicle
09-23-2010, 12:53 AM
Let me see what I have. The fuel controller is simply sitting behind the ECU, I just shoved in the there, no tape or cable ties or anything. The wires are short enough to keep it there even if I was to do barell rolls.

http://cqr1dw.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pPsN4YwbuyZAVDA_ZXqUGOu3fYRscQwYtY_JquyTWeAz6aJc 3j_i3JmGtxIRDU_TE_wD6M73iLCCfI60rWFTRr4e-ULZBvv9G/IMG_1542.jpg?psid=1

http://ear0dw.blu.livefilestore.com/y1p4ulhX0dGPpCD0TWYDW48ee91JZ5N3BI4y_wQqfg5O3ZRFNq JdbSOWiwF-mLGoL2FTynOyrK48rEvGuj04ZBjqnzA-c3rElr8/IMG_1664.jpg?psid=1

I had to fabricate a harness that was long enough so I can install the knob in the cabin:

http://ear0dw.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pvmO8ZhjgVIW4-CgX49uU6EwEb2PFxq5F1qizsDjVhHiyUzuIZKP_FnNnvqNcU1h DLE9UEBQTdyt3mXPfwK6pIw6fSEOgCvdO/IMG_1667.jpg?psid=1

Found a whole in the firewall under the right glove compartment, so I didn't have to drill one myself:

http://ear0dw.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pb-QK7_RYoAKbt2Z2aFLWBmvLg-1UTBhEN4wb7Oxa__Wk8GurTTLj0lTYfjl9ZEOXhWMIRbLNUKTG nKU1i-EqJQeXBxtZn_ht/IMG_1666.jpg?psid=1

Tadaa:

http://ear0dw.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pBqPYfjfDRoZYxoyBighkJH10YpSjH8-iOE-LR87gW1Kpb31iDx1xWbjdslv928paSCFM9XGYTwXV30SGyNpop zcbgw1b28Hy/IMG_1678.jpg?psid=1

sleey0
09-23-2010, 01:25 AM
THANKS!

Haven't seen the wiring yet so I appreciate that:D