PDA

View Full Version : Blitz S/C "click" noise when engaging?

PETERPOOP
03-10-2009, 05:32 PM
For the guys with the blitz kit,

Do you hear a subtle click noise when the compressor engages? When I have it at low and press the pedal down enough to have it engage, there is a clicking noise that occurs when the compressor engages. Not worried about it, just curious if this is suppose to happen when the compressor kicks in?

Thanks

I also noticed I have to really push the pedal pretty far down for the S/C to engage in medium. And I might aswell have the setting set to OFF if I was going to set it to HIGH. You can't even have any fun with the compressor when it's set to med or high. But it is better to save gas with (obviously). I'm just going to set it to medium when going up hills and freeways, then in the city i'll set it to low and let the fun begin. :headbang:

Doc Zaius
03-10-2009, 05:38 PM
The "click" is the electronic clutch engaging. It's most likely the relay you're hearing that causes the clutch to bind. It clicks when you're set to 'med' or 'high', but you just can't hear it. Perfectly normal. (I notice it too, and it makes me hope that it doesn't "wear out" or anything!)

Yeah, High you pretty much have to floor it. Medium isn't bad, but I find you get that jerk when the compressor kicks in. I think Low is the best for all-round smoothness. Oh, but cruising on the highway, low will sometimes click on and off (since the throttle is right around 25%), so I put it to Medium when doing more than 10 minutes on the highway. :thumbsup:

PETERPOOP
03-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Thanks!

cali yaris
03-10-2009, 05:42 PM
FYI, every individual part of this kit is available as a replacement part. However, ordering from Japan can mean a 60 day turnaround. Now you know.

Saggio
03-10-2009, 11:09 PM
I want one....

Tamago
03-10-2009, 11:12 PM
FYI i am an electric clutch dealer, so if you need one and don't want to wait on parts from jah pan please contact me.

i get Ogura, which is most likely the brand Blitz uses for their SC's

LtNoogie
03-10-2009, 11:17 PM
The click is normal. You hear it more often on an MT and than on an AT. The AT will creep forward at a light or intersection without using the throttle. Also, I don't have to lift my foot off the pedal during the upshifts.