PDA

View Full Version : Power hatch lock?

paultyler_82
08-24-2006, 02:53 AM
Ok, I know many of you have converted to Power Locks, but my question is, has anyone figured out how to convert the hatch lock over to power and if so, what parts are necessary?

fred812
09-07-2006, 12:17 PM
The matrix uses a glass hatch that is activated by the remote, it must have a
solenoid that pulls in the mech. That may be an option, would be nice to pop the hatch!!

ChinoCharles
09-07-2006, 01:59 PM
It doesn't even have to be one from another Toyota... you can get solenoids from any auto part dealer for super cheap. Its more of a pain-in-the-ass install situation than a money situation. the a1electric.com keyless entry system for the Yaris I believe has two aux buttons on the remote... I'm thinking one for the latch, one to operate the solenoid. It wouldn't be hard to program.

twixt
09-07-2006, 06:50 PM
chino, the problem is how it is setup, you cant use a standard push/pull solonoid.

ChinoCharles
09-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Yeah, you're probably right... I'll have to call my buddy at Summit Sound and see what he says. He has done a popper and solenoid on a Civic hatch before. Shouldn't be too much different.

paultyler_82
09-08-2006, 01:15 AM
Really, all I want is power lock/unlock for the hatch, I don't need automatic popping... I was under the impression, however, that the lock mechanism can't be operated by either a rod or a cable type actuator.