PDA

View Full Version : Tinted Tails

Desperauto
03-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Finally got my tails tinted (black sand pearl). Bought a spare set of tails and a friend that works at a body shop tinted them. Hope to have them installed tomorrow. Will post pictures soon. I'm so happy, can't wait to see how they look.

RogueYaris
03-19-2009, 01:04 PM
I'd like to see how this looks. I've been thinking of doing stuff to my Yaris yet don't have a lot of funds being a student and all. Something like this seems to be an inexpensive way of making my car stand out a bit more.

I'd like to know if the light emitted is drastically reduced with something like this.

sqcomp
03-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Mmm...I've been thinking about that type of change myself.

Which shop did you go to?

Oh, and PICS PLEASE!

dngz
03-19-2009, 04:19 PM
here's mine. smoked but on a sedan..

smofskra
03-19-2009, 04:22 PM
that pic doesn't show anything

RogueYaris
03-20-2009, 03:59 AM
yeah, that pic's a bit too dark.

Desperauto
03-23-2009, 11:52 PM
OOPS!!!!! Guess I got them tinted a little to dark, got pulled over this afternoon. He gave me a break, I just put back on my regular ones. I am now in the process of lightening up the tint a little. Oh well......:eek::eek::eek:

Spades
03-24-2009, 10:05 PM
oops, read this post too late. was about to let you know smoked/tinted tails and headlights are illegal in the state of oregon. so are cleared out turnsignals, most blue headlights, underglow kits, marker lights other than amber or red, altezza tail lights without red reflectors in them, any paint or tint on a license plate, mounting your license plate in your window(technically a cop can give you a ticket, but most wont bother) and just about anything else they can dick you over for. thats why and smoked out lense covers you buy for cars from places like JCWhitney say "off road use only" on them.

p.s. you can also get nailed for "exhibition of speed", in oregon, a burnout on any property with public access(a bussiness,ect) or public road, or if the cop deams you were too fast getting to the speed limit, carries the same penalties as street racing, as oregon does not have specific laws for contests between two cars.

p.s.p.s. they can also nail you if your exhaust is too loud. cars before 1976 may have 94 dBA from 25 feet away, after 1976 you may have 91 dBA from 25 feet.

face it, oregon cracks down on ricers,lol. I have almost blue plate lights, but they are street legal and i keep the box from them in my glove box, on the road a cop will not likely notice because if he gets behind me his lights flush out the bluish tint from the bulbs. I guess the moral of the story is make sure whats on your car is legal...this is very important if your car is tricked out, because cops can and do profile. and if you are doing something stupid like "getting on it" or speeding, if your car looks tricked out, the cop is FAR more likely to check your car for things that may be illegal than the average automobile driver that gets pulled over. myself, I would love tinted tails, however, I hate getting pulled over, and I prefer not to give the cops a reason :)

Desperauto
03-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Your so right, going to try a lighter tinting or just use them when I show the car. Oh well it was fun for awhile.

Spades
03-24-2009, 11:02 PM
if the tint is light enough you can still see the red clearly, you should be able to get away with it...the do have little guns that can measure tint on things, but i doubt a light coat would draw attention. unfortuneatley for sedan owners like myself, we dont have a amber turn signal, just a clear reflector, which means if we try to tint, we have to leave that open or a cop can easily see the housing has been smoked...and if you make the red darker, the alteza look of the lack of a lense on the turn signal looks gay as hell in my opinion...worse than it looks now,lol.

Arkhangel
03-24-2009, 11:03 PM
:needpics:

Minne_Yaris
03-25-2009, 02:35 AM
wow, that smoke tail light sedan looks amazing! It didn't look like a Yaris for a moment. Love the look dngz!