PDA

View Full Version : Add remote to factory keyless.

imknotright
08-25-2006, 11:21 PM
My 07 Yaris Sedan with factory keyless only came with one remote key (Which seems to be normal). I wasn't going to pay the $200 plus dollars for one from the dealer. I found one on ebay for under $100 (MAKE SURE THE FCC ID INSIDE MATCHES YOUR CURRENT REMOTE) . I got it cut & then programed it myself. For factory keyless remotes I used instructions for Toyota TSB EL004-01.

1- Driveres door open & unlocked. Key out of ignition

2- Insert & remove key 2 times within 5 seconds

3- Close & open drivers door twice within 40 seconds

4- Insert key into ignition & remove

5- Close & open drivers door twice within 40 seconds

6- Insert key into ignition

7- Close the door

8- Turn ignition switch from "LOCK" to "ON" & back to "LOCK"

- ONCE for ADD mode

- TWICE for REWRITE mode

9- Remove the key from ignition

10- To confirm your mode selection, the power locks will now cycle "lock" to "unlock" a

number of times corresponding to your key cycles in step 8

11- Within 40 seconds of confirmation

- Press both transmitter Lock & Ulock buttons simultaneously

- Within 3 seconds press transmitter Lock button for more than 1 second

- If successful, the power locks will cycle once (twice indicates transmitter problems)

- Repeat step 11 for additional remotes

12- Open door to exit programing

GabL
09-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Does that really works? It seems nothing electrical is being done? As I know the key doesn't have immobilizer in it? So how does inserting it to ignition and removing it will program the key? Just wondering.

But thanks for the post though. Looking for an extra remote too, where on eBay you found it? Is it the same one as the Toyota one? Thanks!

Boo
09-06-2006, 07:19 AM
The procedure is to program the transmitter. So you don't need to open up the circuit.

Driver
09-20-2006, 03:41 PM
:frown: I went to Ebay and there must be 900 different remotes none for the Yaris. Many have keys already cut. Which one did you order. :confused:

imknotright
09-24-2006, 02:34 PM
I was patient & eventually found one uncut with the same FCC ID as mine for a 2006 Scion TC. I didn't car that it says scion on the back. The FCC ID is what matters. open your remote to find out yours & do an advanced ebay search for your FCC ID in titles & descriptions.

I also found this, no FCC ID listed try giving them a call to verify.
http://www.keylessride.com/order/chooseremote.asp?make=Scion&remoteyear=2006&model=TC

mmslot
01-04-2007, 11:14 AM
Thanks "imknotright"

My wife just lost her one key she got from the dealer last October:iono: ! Anyway Toyota wants $300 to replace/reprogram ONE key. I called the guys at Keyless ride and they said the 2006 Scion key may or may not work. They said I could try to program it without cutting it, if it doesn't work, I can return it for a full refund. So I ordered the key and should have it by next week.

As far as the programming goes, do I have to cut the key to program it? Or can I use the regular key to turn the ignition on/off during the programming sequence? Thanks in advance!

MrMondayNite
01-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks "imknotright"

My wife just lost her one key she got from the dealer last October:iono: ! Anyway Toyota wants $300 to replace/reprogram ONE key. I called the guys at Keyless ride and they said the 2006 Scion key may or may not work. They said I could try to program it without cutting it, if it doesn't work, I can return it for a full refund. So I ordered the key and should have it by next week.

As far as the programming goes, do I have to cut the key to program it? Or can I use the regular key to turn the ignition on/off during the programming sequence? Thanks in advance!

Hi mmslot let me know if it works, because I wanna add a remote to my keyless entry aswell. I was going to wait till the end of Jan. for keylessrides 07 remotes to come out, but if the Scion remote works for you I might go that route. Thanks MrMondayNite

mmslot
01-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Mr. Mon. PM,
I will let you know. They shipped the key today from Texas. I should get it in Los Angeles by Monday--So I'll let you know.........Monday night!

mmslot
01-08-2007, 11:39 PM
IT WORKS!!!

The key from Keyless Ride for the 2006 Scion works fine. Just make sure you do not have the imobilizer chip option for the sedan. I used the procedure imknotright started this post with! Thank you imknotright! I saved $200!!!

imknotright
01-29-2007, 11:09 PM
Glad to see it worked for you. I do not know what the hell Toyota was thinking charging $300 for a key.

GabL
08-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Still don't have luck getting a remote from eBay with the same FCC ID as mine...

bahri_3
09-30-2009, 10:35 AM
Hello everyone. I know it is an old thread but search performed was very inconclusive. I would like to have another remote keyless entry for my vitz imported from japan in europe. The steps given to add another keyless entry is for yaris that have the ignition key embedded attached to the wheel. What should I do in my case since I have only the start button available? The key available is to lock/unclock doors and nothing more? The vitz is equipped with the immobilizer. There is any other sequence that one can use when key for ignition is not available? Your help will be appreciated.

CTScott
09-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Hello everyone. I know it is an old thread but search performed was very inconclusive. I would like to have another remote keyless entry for my vitz imported from japan in europe. The steps given to add another keyless entry is for yaris that have the ignition key embedded attached to the wheel. What should I do in my case since I have only the start button available? The key available is to lock/unclock doors and nothing more? The vitz is equipped with the immobilizer. There is any other sequence that one can use when key for ignition is not available? Your help will be appreciated.

What year and model (KSP90,, NCP91, NCP95, SCP90, NLP90, ZSP90, NSP90) is you Vitz?

bahri_3
10-01-2009, 03:17 AM
I have the SCP90 (Model is DBA-SCP90-AHXNK) (Year 2006)

CTScott
10-01-2009, 10:41 AM
I have the SCP90 (Model is DBA-SCP90-AHXNK) (Year 2006)

I have a pdf of the procedure, but unfortunately, it is in French. PM me your email address, if that is useful to you, and I'll email it to you.

hayduke
11-30-2009, 12:51 AM
Can anyone confirm that I could buy this key:

https://www.ikeyless.com/vehicles/toyota/yaris/2007/product86520?shoppingcom

And follow the directions (bellow) to enable remote entry? I know I'd need to get the key cut, but I expect a locksmith will do that for the usual fee.

Also, I'm pretty sure my car has the factory remote entry system installed, but they wanted $250 for the key when I bought car used. They had a different "dongle" that they used on the lot to lock/unlock the doors. Make sense?

My 07 Yaris Sedan with factory keyless only came with one remote key (Which seems to be normal). I wasn't going to pay the $200 plus dollars for one from the dealer. I found one on ebay for under $100 (MAKE SURE THE FCC ID INSIDE MATCHES YOUR CURRENT REMOTE) . I got it cut & then programed it myself. For factory keyless remotes I used instructions for Toyota TSB EL004-01.

1- Driveres door open & unlocked. Key out of ignition

2- Insert & remove key 2 times within 5 seconds

3- Close & open drivers door twice within 40 seconds

4- Insert key into ignition & remove

5- Close & open drivers door twice within 40 seconds

6- Insert key into ignition

7- Close the door

8- Turn ignition switch from "LOCK" to "ON" & back to "LOCK"

- ONCE for ADD mode

- TWICE for REWRITE mode

9- Remove the key from ignition

10- To confirm your mode selection, the power locks will now cycle "lock" to "unlock" a

number of times corresponding to your key cycles in step 8

11- Within 40 seconds of confirmation

- Press both transmitter Lock & Ulock buttons simultaneously

- Within 3 seconds press transmitter Lock button for more than 1 second

- If successful, the power locks will cycle once (twice indicates transmitter problems)

- Repeat step 11 for additional remotes

12- Open door to exit programing

CTScott
11-30-2009, 06:57 AM
Can anyone confirm that I could buy this key:

https://www.ikeyless.com/vehicles/toyota/yaris/2007/product86520?shoppingcom

And follow the directions (bellow) to enable remote entry? I know I'd need to get the key cut, but I expect a locksmith will do that for the usual fee.

Also, I'm pretty sure my car has the factory remote entry system installed, but they wanted $250 for the key when I bought car used. They had a different "dongle" that they used on the lot to lock/unlock the doors. Make sense?

They don't list the FCC ID of it. I would call them before ordering and make sure that the FCC ID matches the one on the back of your existing remote, or in your owners manual.

There are two different frequencies (and hence FCC IDs) used between 07 and 09.

KenJones
12-20-2009, 12:17 PM
First post. New Owner. I bought this used for a family commuter. It came with only one key, no remote, from a used car dealership. Carfax says it had been in a minor wreck with no airbag deployment. It had been owned by a company as a fleet vehicle. It has the power package: power locks, windows, upgraded radio, split seats, etc. It does NOT have the blinkie light on the dash so I'm supposing it does NOT have the engine immobilizer. (Right?) I guess that means I can have a simple steel key cut for it?

The primary question is, can I use the above remote programming instructions to determine whether the car has factory keyless entry? If the door locks cycle as described in the instructions does that mean factory keyless entry is installed? I know, it would be silly for it to NOT be installed and the locks cycle, but I just checking before I drop $200 for a new remote.

BTW, is keylessride.com the best place to get remotes? The site looks very professional and the prices look inline with another site I was trying to get a dongle for a 2000 Silverado.

Thanks!

b_hickman11
12-20-2009, 05:44 PM
You could look to see if the keyless module box is installed. Most US Yari's do not have the engine immobilizer. I believe most of those go to Canada because it is required by law.

CTScott
12-20-2009, 05:47 PM
First post. New Owner. I bought this used for a family commuter. It came with only one key, no remote, from a used car dealership. Carfax says it had been in a minor wreck with no airbag deployment. It had been owned by a company as a fleet vehicle. It has the power package: power locks, windows, upgraded radio, split seats, etc. It does NOT have the blinkie light on the dash so I'm supposing it does NOT have the engine immobilizer. (Right?) I guess that means I can have a simple steel key cut for it?

The primary question is, can I use the above remote programming instructions to determine whether the car has factory keyless entry? If the door locks cycle as described in the instructions does that mean factory keyless entry is installed? I know, it would be silly for it to NOT be installed and the locks cycle, but I just checking before I drop $200 for a new remote.

BTW, is keylessride.com the best place to get remotes? The site looks very professional and the prices look inline with another site I was trying to get a dongle for a 2000 Silverado.

Thanks!

No blinky LED on the dash and silver ring around the ignition switch (as opposed to black plastic) definitely indicates no immobilizer.

Trying the procedure above would be a quick and easy way of verifying that it doesn't have factory remote entry.

KenJones
12-21-2009, 12:18 AM
I've confirmed both today. A steel key worked. (Though the guy couldn't get both sides of the same key to work. I'll have to find someone more competent.)

I tried the program sequence, but the door locks never cycled.

Thanks for the feedback!

fayaz
12-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Hello everyone. I would like to have another remote keyless entry for my vitz imported from japan(Model is DBA-SCP90-AHXNK) (Year 2007) from all the search I did the steps given is to add another keyless entry yaris that have the ignition key, I only have a start button available? The key available is to lock/unclock doors and nothing more? The vitz is equipped with the immobilizer.
Is there a compatible key for this model in the market and what is the programming sequence for it. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

CTScott
12-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Hello everyone. I would like to have another remote keyless entry for my vitz imported from japan(Model is DBA-SCP90-AHXNK) (Year 2007) from all the search I did the steps given is to add another keyless entry yaris that have the ignition key, I only have a start button available? The key available is to lock/unclock doors and nothing more? The vitz is equipped with the immobilizer.
Is there a compatible key for this model in the market and what is the programming sequence for it. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

I did some research on this a while back for someone else. The "smart entry" remotes can only be programmed using the Toyota TechStream tool.

Nodrog
01-26-2011, 12:36 AM
I'm going to add on to this thread and bump it instead of starting a new one...
Just bought pre-owned 07 Yaris S sedan, auto locks, only one silver key came with car. I followed CTScott's instructions about programming, and got the lock/unlocks in step 9, which led me to believe the cars DOES have keyless enty (would this be a correct assumption?)...so...I do not have any remotes, I do not have the owners manual, so I do not have an FCC ID to reference. What are my chances/options for getting one or two remotes. Slim? Expensive? Dealer only? Thanks in advance for any advice!

CTScott
01-26-2011, 08:20 AM
I'm going to add on to this thread and bump it instead of starting a new one...
Just bought pre-owned 07 Yaris S sedan, auto locks, only one silver key came with car. I followed CTScott's instructions about programming, and got the lock/unlocks in step 9, which led me to believe the cars DOES have keyless enty (would this be a correct assumption?)...so...I do not have any remotes, I do not have the owners manual, so I do not have an FCC ID to reference. What are my chances/options for getting one or two remotes. Slim? Expensive? Dealer only? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Did you get the confirmation clicks of the locks of step 10 after removing the key in step 9?

If so, then you will be looking for a remote with the FCC ID of MOZRI-20BTY

Nodrog
01-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Based on this tread;
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showpost.php?p=363019&postcount=6
the clicks of locks happened in step 9. I'm not sure why the steps are different than the list posted above, but I assume we are talking about the same step, so yes, I had the 'click of locks'.

Nodrog
02-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Ok, so I finally found and ordered a remote key from Midwest Keyless off of eBay. I emailed the guy to ask about FCC ID, he said it starts with MOZ so this is the correct key (according to the online User's Manual, the FCC ID is MOZB41TG for a key without immobilizer..sound right CTScott?).
The key has arrived, I have done the 'add mode' steps, and get nothing at the end...no confirmation lock/unlock, and no error of 2x lock/unlock...just nothing. And the remote only flashes a red light when I press the button. I also tried the 'rewrite mode' and still nothing.
Any suggestions? Thanks!

Nodrog
02-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Thanks "imknotright"

Also, I never saw an answer to this question. I am doing the programming from the regular silver key, as the remote key has not been cut yet. Does the programming have to be done from the actual remote key?
Thanks!

CTScott
02-18-2011, 09:16 PM
The programming doesn't have to be done with the remote key.

With the FCC ID. Does it just start with the same 3 characters or do all match? The first three are just the manufacturer ID, so the remaining must match as well for the device to be compatible.

Nodrog
02-19-2011, 02:50 AM
With the FCC ID. Does it just start with the same 3 characters or do all match? The first three are just the manufacturer ID, so the remaining must match as well for the device to be compatible.

After my inquiry about the FCC ID, the seller said this;
"it starts with MOZ. this is the correct one. thanks"

Did the FCC ID above look right to you CTScott? As it is different than the ID that you suggested previously in the post...

CTScott
02-19-2011, 08:30 AM
After my inquiry about the FCC ID, the seller said this;
"it starts with MOZ. this is the correct one. thanks"

Did the FCC ID above look right to you CTScott? As it is different than the ID that you suggested previously in the post...

Tokai Rika Co Ltd is the company who's FCC ID grantee code is MOZ. They have 42 authorizations registered to their MOZ code, so just matching the grantee code is not sufficient.

If there is not a sticker on the back of the remote with the FCC ID, then there may be one inside.

Nodrog
02-19-2011, 12:24 PM
In the Owner's Manual that I got online from Toyota, it has these three FCC IDs, one in the section of the immobilizer key (which I don't have), and two in the section for the regular key. I thought I had read on here somewhere that one of two was the key and the other was the receiver in the car. The two IDs are MOZB41TG and MOZB21RG. I took the cover off the new key, and the FCC ID is MOZB41TG.
It would appear to be correct, yet I cannot get it to program.... :(

CTScott
02-19-2011, 02:25 PM
In the Owner's Manual that I got online from Toyota, it has these three FCC IDs, one in the section of the immobilizer key (which I don't have), and two in the section for the regular key. I thought I had read on here somewhere that one of two was the key and the other was the receiver in the car. The two IDs are MOZB41TG and MOZB21RG. I took the cover off the new key, and the FCC ID is MOZB41TG.
It would appear to be correct, yet I cannot get it to program.... :(

At this point, I think I would pop the driver's side C pillar to verify that the receiver is really there.

Nodrog
03-06-2011, 07:56 PM
At this point, I think I would pop the driver's side C pillar to verify that the receiver is really there.

Thanks CTScott. I've been on vacation for 2 weeks without the car, and I just got back and tried the programing again. Still did not work.
Ok, so if I pull the C pillar what will the receiver look like? And is popping off the C pillar easy?
Thanks!

CTScott
03-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Thanks CTScott. I've been on vacation for 2 weeks without the car, and I just got back and tried the programing again. Still did not work.
Ok, so if I pull the C pillar what will the receiver look like? And is popping off the C pillar easy?
Thanks!

It is a small black module, about 3"x3"x1" and will say Receiver, Door Control" on it.

I haven't removed one on a sedan, but it looks like there are 4 clips that hold it on.

Nodrog
03-08-2011, 09:20 PM
It is a small black module, about 3"x3"x1" and will say Receiver, Door Control" on it.

I haven't removed one on a sedan, but it looks like there are 4 clips that hold it on.

Here are pics of what I found behind the driver's C pillar...I'm going to assume the dangling white plug is what WOULD be connected to the remote receiver, which appears to not be there. Is this a pretty good assumption?

CTScott
03-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Here are pics of what I found behind the driver's C pillar...I'm going to assume the dangling white plug is what WOULD be connected to the remote receiver, which appears to not be there. Is this a pretty good assumption?

That looks correct. 5 pin connector with 4 pins used. Red, blue, white and white/black wires.

Nodrog
03-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Great. :(
Can one get ahold of a receiver without spending an arm and a leg?

CTScott
03-08-2011, 11:03 PM
Great. :(
Can one get ahold of a receiver without spending an arm and a leg?

The part number is: 89741-52290 or 89741-52170 (89741-52170 replaced the other)

You don't want to know what the dealer price is, but may be able to find one for a reasonable price at a junk yard.

Nodrog
03-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Thanks CTScott for all the help.

myfoothurts
09-15-2011, 10:19 AM
No blinky LED on the dash and silver ring around the ignition switch (as opposed to black plastic) definitely indicates no immobilizer.

Trying the procedure above would be a quick and easy way of verifying that it doesn't have factory remote entry.

Many Many Thanks

mory_meh
03-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Hi there,

I have a Yaris 07 HB and trying to program it using your steps. However, step 10 doesn't work on my car. The car doesn't respond back to me and I cannot get it working. What should I do now?

Thanks

Nigel8600
10-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Wow, for the price of the remote module I can put a compustar remote starter in my like new yaris instead? Thanks for the info on the module, it makes the decision easier.

autoexpert2
11-11-2013, 05:13 AM
http://programkeyfob.com/ provides free programming instructions for your cars and trucks. They do not have them all but they do keep adding them.
:evil:

aa11
01-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Just wanted to say thanks and that this worked for me.

For those in Australia / similar don't worry about the FCID either. If you purchase from an Ebayer from Taiwan / Japan or similar (ask them before you purchase) you should be fine.

I was told the FCID is a North American thing.

Edit:
Only tricky part is the type of transponder chip in the key. If it is an OEM / Toyota transponder you will need someone with a specific tool and access to your car. Aftermarket transponder chips can be copied without access to the car, but it all depends on the machine they use.

Wasn't as easy as I would have hoped after getting the key to properly open my car, the real challenge was getting the transponder copied!

unadilla66
06-26-2015, 04:38 PM
Thread revival alert....

I got a transmitter key from ebay, the code in the listing matched that in the working key I have, though nothing in the package or in/on the new key has a code on it. Anyway, tried the above procedure and got the lock click 'confirmation'- tried the button pressing on the key and nothing. Tried again, but this time didn't get the lock clicking to indicate it was in program mode. I've tried the process a couple times now and can't get the confirmation. My original remote key is working, though. Is getting it into program mode a one-shot deal?

Farcry
01-12-2017, 02:46 AM
Bringing this one back from the near dead.
Unsure about stating a new page for the same topic.
I have a 2003 Echo, 1.5l 4door.
No remotes.
It has central locking and I've located the door control module, and I've wire counted it to the attached Haynes manual,
I've done the dance to get into remote programming mode (although I get two cycles for add, and 4 for rewright)
I've been to Toyota and they would sell me a key with buttons for $200NZD

Can someone please advise me on the FCC ID I would require when purchasing remotes from eBay?

Someone on here said FCC Id is an American only thing, I'm in New Zealand [emoji1181] could someone confirm?

I've been to the wreckers and they let me try to program remotes they had found but no luck - could this be because they need to un assigned somehow before being programmed to me car?

Thanks for your help

Michael.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/c0fdfa581b603c1db132cede46340fce.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RichardPan
01-13-2017, 09:06 PM
Just wants to say thank you to everyone who provided great information on this forum. 2007 Canadian Yaris, base. Already know no chip in key, as I got it cut at Canadian with no trouble. Wanted another remote. Ordered one on Ebay based on existing one's FCC ID. Came with a battery. Found that out after prying it open and damaging the plastic somewhat. Programmed it per forum instruction. Had to try a few times. Forgot that the ON position is one step after ACC. Now my fiance and I both have remotes. Cost 40 cad shipped to Canada. Note that you do not need to cut the key to program it. Mine is programmed now, but not cut yet.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

nuggetinu
03-11-2018, 07:04 PM
Is there a way to program the key fob of a Vitz RS Japan Model SCP90 with Start/Stop button? Car doesn't take ignition key, only Start/Stop button.

omek07
03-24-2018, 12:08 PM
Hello everyone,

I am searching for a remote key because i have only 2 silver keys for my 2007 Yaris Sedan.

In the owners manual it says that the FCC ID is MOZB41TG and my ignition switch is all metal so i think that I have non-transponder keys. I checked if i have the receiver at the C-pillar and its there.

In my search in google i found that we have keys with dot, a letter or nothing stamp . Whats that ???

I dont know if the original key had any stamp.

Could please someone help me find the proper key ???

omek07
03-24-2018, 12:10 PM
Just wants to say thank you to everyone who provided great information on this forum. 2007 Canadian Yaris, base. Already know no chip in key, as I got it cut at Canadian with no trouble. Wanted another remote. Ordered one on Ebay based on existing one's FCC ID. Came with a battery. Found that out after prying it open and damaging the plastic somewhat. Programmed it per forum instruction. Had to try a few times. Forgot that the ON position is one step after ACC. Now my fiance and I both have remotes. Cost 40 cad shipped to Canada. Note that you do not need to cut the key to program it. Mine is programmed now, but not cut yet.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Hello Richard, could you please provide me with a link of the remote that you purchased ???