PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota/surrounding: Coilover install?

JBougie
03-27-2009, 10:46 PM
So - lowering springs, I can handle.

Coilovers ... ehh .. not so much LOL

I have never even held coilovers in my hands before.

SO - does anyone in MN or surrounding area (I live in St Paul, and for help I'll drive a pretty good distance haha) want to make some extra cash and show me how to install a set of coilovers?

After a lot of reviewing, I decided that because of the shitatious winters we have it would be best if I can just adjust the height instead of having to switch back from after market to stock.

I am looking at the Megan coilovers (I am trying to keep this under $1,000 .... like closer to $900 including shipping) I found this set on EBay and I am pretty sure I am going to pick these up:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MEGAN-COILOVER-DAMPER-KIT-TOYOTA-YARIS-2006-STREET_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33582QQihZ017QQi temZ270334712612QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I know I could just have a shop put them on, but seriously - what will I learn from that?

So ... if there are any takers, lemme know. It wouldn't be until the very end of April or 2 weeks into May

RS_91CAMARO
04-10-2009, 11:25 AM
If you can do the springs you can do the coilovers. There really isn't much difference. Just have to do the rear shocks ( like 2 bolts ). But i think every time you adjust them your gonna need to align it if you care much about your tires.

RS_91CAMARO
04-10-2009, 11:38 AM
And i made it through the winter just fine on tein s tech.

JBougie
05-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Cool deal, that's good to know. Then that is something the hubby and I can handle in our garage. Thanks, Camaro!