PDA

View Full Version : DIY Floor mats

chadmw06
08-29-2006, 01:17 PM
I already have OEM floor mats, but I wanted something more protective come winter. Therefore, I went to Home Depot and purchased 9 feet of rubber floor runner. Home Depot has a few color and molding choices. I used a black rubber floor runner with a lined molding. The total came to $12.

Once I was home, I rolled my new floor runner out on the floor. I placed my OEM mats over the runner and traced them onto the runner with a maker. I then used some sharp scissors to cut the runner. I also marked where my driver side floor mat holes were so I could I use my floor hooks. Once done, I had custom all weather floor mats for cheap.

Kind of a silly DIY, but it work out well and looks professionally done. :wink

argylesocks
08-29-2006, 01:26 PM
I already have OEM floor mats, but I wanted something more protective come winter. Therefore, I went to Home Depot and purchased 9 feet of rubber floor runner. Home Depot has a few color and molding choices. I used a black rubber floor runner with a lined molding. The total came to $12.

Once I was home, I rolled my new floor runner out on the floor. I placed my OEM mats over the runner and traced them onto the runner with a maker. I then used some sharp scissors to cut the runner. I also marked where my driver side floor mat holes were so I could I use my floor hooks. Once done, I had custom all weather floor mats for cheap.

very coool.
got any pix???

TrancosRt
08-29-2006, 04:58 PM
I (sort of) did the same thing. I grabbed an old clear floor mat and trimmed a piece of it to fit as a foot rest and put two pieces of velcro to make make it stick to it's place. Then I grabbed the floormats I've been using and made two small holes where the holes on the floor are, and simply screwed a small black headed screw on each hole and voila! The mat doesn't move in any direction yet it is not attached. It's a gheto floormat till I can buy some stock ones or some cheaper option is released :D.

Yaris Dick
08-30-2006, 08:25 AM
Does anyone know if they sell all rubber OEM-style mats similar to the "monster mats" that catch and hold water?

Chris07LB
08-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Does anyone know if they sell all rubber OEM-style mats similar to the "monster mats" that catch and hold water?

Toyota

Chris07LB
08-30-2006, 12:47 PM

Nice..