PDA

View Full Version : Tanabe DF210s or TRD Springs?

Nagoya_TRD.
04-08-2009, 04:34 PM
I posted a thread a while back about a friend was looking for SSRs for his white yaris. For those that do not remember:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15656

Either way, he has not bought wheels yet, and is waiting to see what springs he can get to lower the car. Narrowed it down do Tanabes and TRDs. From what i have heard and seen, both are pretty damn good, but i was looking for more specifics (I.E: amount of lowering, quality, handling, price, etc).

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/df210.asp?id=1

Before anyone asks "why doesn't he register and post", it would be safe to say english is not his first language, and he is always busy with work and school so he asked me. I am not one to say "no", so please understand.

People that have TRDs or Tanabes please post your feedback on these. If there are any other spring brands he should consider, please state and why?

Thanks guys for understanding.

supmet
04-08-2009, 04:51 PM
The DF210s will be lower. I think DFs are around 2 inches and TRD are 1.5 inches. Also TRD use progressive spring rates, which is supposed to be smoother, but a lot of people say DF210s are just a smooth.

The DF210s are cheaper(buy them from microimage) and are a bigger drop.

There probably isn't a HUGE difference between the two as far as handling and quality

enviri
04-08-2009, 05:01 PM
TRDs are very stock-ish looking imo but still an improvement over what toyota gave us, and DF210s look obviously dropped. it really is up to you/your friend. it really doesnt look like there's a 1/2 inch difference in drop...looks like more, heh.

WeeYari
04-08-2009, 05:14 PM
In my opinion, if he is measuring TRD against Tanabe, he should be looking at the NF210s. Both have basically the same drop and would be more of an apples-to-apples comparison.

ChinoCharles
04-08-2009, 05:17 PM
I have TRDs and I wish I had DF210s.

'Nuff said.

uncleyaris
04-08-2009, 07:26 PM
I have TRDs and I wish I had DF210s.

'Nuff said.

You can afford TRD prices, lol. just kidding, sorry off topic.

Klinton
04-08-2009, 11:41 PM
i have DF 210'S i love them

FreddysEvolutionIX
04-09-2009, 02:05 AM
Performance wise the tanabe's are better?
Are these on a 4dr or 2rd yaris? I'm helping my lady friend.

FreddysEvolutionIX
04-09-2009, 02:09 AM
Can you guys post side view pics to compare?

MUSKOKA800
04-09-2009, 07:54 AM
I have TRD's in my sedan and while the decreased wheel-well openning of a greater drop would be more asthetically pleasing I cannot imagine driving around the city with the chassis any lower than it is with the TRD springs.
If the front lip isn't hitting speed bumps and driveway approaches then the chassis (below the front door hinges) is banging down. And this with stiff TRD dampers. Stock shocks would allow even more free suspension travel and harder impacts.
It can be annoying having to go so damn slow (crawling) over obstacles that stock ride height vehicles fly over without a care. That said, the substancial handling improvement offered by the TRD package is worth that annoyance.

NJBob
04-10-2009, 06:51 AM
Has anyone here tried the Tanabe NF 210s?....a little less drop. Anyone....anyone....Buehler?

AznGouki
04-10-2009, 05:06 PM
The TRD I have seen in person. They give a mild drop that isn't overly noticable. Very usable for year round and if you have a lot of speedbumps to conquer. They are actually Eibachs in disguise I believe so you definitely get what you pay for. It leaves a 1.25 inch gap between the top of the tire and fender. I think they are rated for a 1 inch drop all around.