PDA

View Full Version : Door/dome light?

autophile
09-03-2006, 07:10 PM
Hi all,

In every single car I've owned, when you open the door, some kind of interior light goes on, either the dome light, or the lights under the rear view mirror. However, it was really disconcerting to find that when I opened the door of my Yaris no interior light came on, which sucks at night.

Is this normal? Or is something messed up?

Thanks,

--Rob

SimmZ
09-03-2006, 07:13 PM
It's probably not normal cause in my 2k2 Echo I have the dome lights who light up when I open my doors.

But in the Echo I can disable this feature by putting the switch to OFF on the dome light.

Check if you have a switch located around your dome light... maybe it was just on OFF.

Violin
09-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Mine has the power package with keyless entry. If yours is stripped there may be a difference.

When I unlock the doors with the remote, the dome light comes on. If the door is already unlocked and I open it - it comes on too.

This seems pretty obvious but... there is a on/off/door switch on the dome. Do you have yours on door?

TrancosRt
09-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Nope. I have the convenience package and it works fine. Check that the dome light is set to door (in the HB the domelight is just behind the front seats line dead centered and I THINK the switch has to be all the way to the right to be set to door.

07WYarisRS
09-03-2006, 11:42 PM
look at the center mounted interior light (not the map lights).
It has a three way switch
ON, DOOR and OFF
Make sure the switch is set to DOOR to activate the interior light when the doors are opened or unlocked.

autophile
09-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Ahhh, I am teh dumb for not even noticing the dome light, let alone the switch on it.

Thanks!

--Rob

Violin
09-04-2006, 09:00 AM
If you'd just take off that silly pirate eye patch...

hasher22
09-06-2006, 07:26 AM
look at the center mounted interior light (not the map lights).
It has a three way switch
ON, DOOR and OFF
Make sure the switch is set to DOOR to activate the interior light when the doors are opened or unlocked.

i was just thinking the same thing....if its set on DOOR....LOL!

ECHOKnight2000
09-06-2006, 07:51 AM
Ahhh, I am teh dumb for not even noticing the dome light, let alone the switch on it.

Thanks!

--Rob

Time to walk the plank!:laugh: :laugh: :biggrin:

Chris07LB
09-06-2006, 08:11 AM
If you'd just take off that silly pirate eye patch...

:laugh: :laugh:

ChinoCharles
09-06-2006, 09:37 AM
You're all insane.

dngz
09-06-2006, 05:13 PM
-__-...

fred812
09-09-2006, 11:20 AM
I noticed that we have the theatrical fade on the dome light, on my matrix I had about 10 seconds of dome light, on the yaris about 2-3 seconds. I want to rice it up a bit with blue bulbs and liked that long fade to black effect. is it just mine that responds that quickly? I can modify the discharge timer, to make it fade longer if need be...