View Full Version : Contemplating on rims

dngz
09-04-2006, 12:59 PM
I saw these at wheelsnext.com -Kobe LITERACE

http://wheelsnext.com/images/wheels/large/KOBE_LITERACE_BLK_2_W.jpg

which are pretty much copies of the SSR Competitions

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/ssr/swap/ssr_competition_ci3_l.jpg

They weigh the same, just brand/name is different.. =\
The Kobe Literace are selling for $699 with 205/40/16 tires...

Should I get them and repaint it black to get rid of the TYPE C and the HSR logo???

mikeukrainetz
09-04-2006, 03:45 PM
would you repaint the SSR's if you had them to get rid of the logos? what diff does the brand make if they are more or less equivalent? Theyll look just as good in my opinion and cheap.

田中秀樹
09-04-2006, 03:47 PM
my guess is he/she wants to hide the fact that they aren't really SSRs. but i see it as, no matter how hard you make it try to be the real thing, it ain't. be proud of what you got. so what if you can't afford the real SSR's. like mikeukrainetz said, they look just as good. i'm sure while it may look the same and weigh the same, somewhere during the manufacturing process some corners were cut, half-assness, etc.

Linkseal
09-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Well....personally hate the replica stuff...:thumbdown:

riceboy
09-04-2006, 09:43 PM
type c and hsr are probably just stickers..... you should be able to peel them off...

mikeukrainetz
09-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Linkseal.... your 'drives' says you drive a Vitz... and you live in Canada.... replica? or wishfull thinking?

bigsky2
09-05-2006, 03:42 PM
Just get the rims that you like and get them on your car.

The Yaris/Vitz isn't meant to be a performance car, so your wheels don't need to be performance oriented!

But if you can afford it, then all the power to you.

dngz
09-05-2006, 05:02 PM
hehe i just dont want my car to get any slower than it already is!!!

bigsky2
09-05-2006, 05:06 PM
17" wheels won't slow you down THAT much.

You will be slower off the line by a tad, and you will find that your brakes will need to be utiilized a bit earlier.

It won't affect you as much as you think.
Instead you'll appreciate the difference in appearance, and the improved cornering and handling (combined with a suspension mod, like springs or coils).

You can always go with a light weight 15 or 16 wheel, which might work better than the stock alloys.

Linkseal
09-08-2006, 03:19 AM
:headbang: 17" wheels won't slow you down THAT much.

You will be slower off the line by a tad, and you will find that your brakes will need to be utiilized a bit earlier.

It won't affect you as much as you think.
Instead you'll appreciate the difference in appearance, and the improved cornering and handling (combined with a suspension mod, like springs or coils).

You can always go with a light weight 15 or 16 wheel, which might work better than the stock alloys.

Like Buddy Club P1 QF 16", the lightest wheel in the market....or Volks CE28

Linkseal
09-08-2006, 03:22 AM
Linkseal.... your 'drives' says you drive a Vitz... and you live in Canada.... replica? or wishfull thinking?

1 thing want to mention, if u want to get the wheel then get it, why put with other similar high-end or brand wheel pic together....?

dngz
09-08-2006, 09:52 AM
oh, im just showing you what the real wheels look like compared to the lower end!