PDA

View Full Version : First Wax Job Completed!

YarisOwnersDad
04-17-2009, 02:07 PM
I just finished washing and waxing that little Yaris of mine. This was the first time that it was waxed, since I just took delivery this past Monday, April 13th. I took today as a vacation day, since the weather forecast was favorable for outdoor work, and I have lots of vacation days to take. I wanted to get some wax on that Yaris as soon as possible to protect against bug guts.

I used Meguiar's NXT paste. It seems to have done a good job, but time will tell if it stays on very long. I should be able to get the bug guts off the bumper much easier now.

People always post pictures of their fresh wax jobs, but I'm not sure if you can tell from a picture the difference between a clean car with a fresh wax job and a clean car with no wax on it at all. OK, for whatever it's worth, here a couple pics of my Yaris with her fresh coat of wax.

Tom

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/tsjay/Tom%20Yaris/The%20Real%20One/PICT0008.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/tsjay/Tom%20Yaris/The%20Real%20One/PICT0010.jpg

mrbond
04-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Looks super clean! Reminds me of when I waxed mine for the first time...

schleppy
04-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Looks nice! I've used many different waxes, and I've found NXT to be pretty good. It has a nice shine, but doesn't last a long time. So far the longest lasting wax I've used is (believe it or not) Turtle wax.

YarisOwnersDad
04-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Thanks, guys.

Man, oh man, I have had white vehicles for so long that I forgot how hot it gets inside dark colored cars in warm weather. When I got in the Yaris to move it to its usual parking place, it had been sitting in the sun for about two hours or so. It is only 70°F here today, but was it ever HOT inside that little car!

Tom

tomato
04-17-2009, 04:26 PM
:thumbsup:

Altitude
04-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Lookin good - can even see the metal flake in the paint! A good sunshade will do wonders to lower the heat as I think most of it comes from radiating through the windshield - not that dark cars don't heat up more - just that I found the same in my Bayou Blue until I put a sunshade in the windsheild. It cut down the heat quite a bit.

orangepeels
04-17-2009, 08:55 PM
Looks good...glad to see other people here appreciate the yaris and treat them to fresh coats of wax =D

evil genius
04-18-2009, 12:57 AM
Looks good.

YarisOwnersDad
04-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Well, I had a clean car for ONE day, at least. :cry:

I spent a good part of the day Friday washing and waxing my car, and I made one short trip in it Saturday while it was all nice and shiny. Today it is raining. :frown:

Oh, well, I'm sure we needed the rain.

Tomster

tomato
04-19-2009, 09:41 PM
Well, aren't you glad you put on a good coat of wax, then? :wink::biggrin:

jbracefan1977
05-29-2009, 11:10 PM
:w00t::w00t::w00t:

JetfireK
09-12-2010, 05:59 PM
I just finished washing and waxing that little Yaris of mine. This was the first time that it was waxed, since I just took delivery this past Monday, April 13th. I took today as a vacation day, since the weather forecast was favorable for outdoor work, and I have lots of vacation days to take. I wanted to get some wax on that Yaris as soon as possible to protect against bug guts.

I used Meguiar's NXT paste. It seems to have done a good job, but time will tell if it stays on very long. I should be able to get the bug guts off the bumper much easier now.

People always post pictures of their fresh wax jobs, but I'm not sure if you can tell from a picture the difference between a clean car with a fresh wax job and a clean car with no wax on it at all. OK, for whatever it's worth, here a couple pics of my Yaris with her fresh coat of wax.

Tom

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/tsjay/Tom%20Yaris/The%20Real%20One/PICT0008.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/tsjay/Tom%20Yaris/The%20Real%20One/PICT0010.jpg

Beautiful...I too used Maguries Next Generation wax and our Ford Fusion came out to the point of people stopping us complimenting the beautful red. My Yaris is Metorite Metallic and while NXT Generation did an excellent job ..this color just doesn't have the depth of darker colors...If anyone knows a better wax sure would like to know the name of it...

JetfireK
09-12-2010, 06:00 PM
oh and I forgot to tell you....Spray your auto with WD40 and the bugs will come off...It will not harm the paint....Good Luck