PDA

View Full Version : Bucket seat install

aucorium
09-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Hi Guys

I saw a thread on a bucket seat install , can anyone tell me if the seat rails just bolt off the original seats or if its welded on , it seems to just bolt off , and has anybody else installed bucket seats , cause i wanna put buckets seats in my yaris , but wanna know if there is any electronic failures ?

mikeukrainetz
09-05-2006, 02:37 PM
The one thing youll probably have to fab up is the seat sensors on the passenger side for the airbags.

Idjiit
09-05-2006, 04:22 PM
The seats are attached to the rails by eight bolts. Getting around the electronics issue on the driver's side is easy, you just detached the wiring harness from the stock seat. The passenger side may be a bit trickier because it has a weight sensor as well as a belt sensor, but it's probably just a matter of using the proper resistor value across a couple pins or something.

Idjiit
09-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Here's the original thread concerning removing the seat:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312&highlight=sparco

Here's the thread from my install:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360&highlight=sparco

aucorium
09-06-2006, 08:26 AM
how did u get past the passenger side airbag and sensor problem

Idjiit
09-06-2006, 08:49 AM
By not installing a passenger's side race seat.

dngz
09-06-2006, 05:10 PM
therez gotta be a way to get the passenger side airbags working with racing seats!!!

aucorium
09-07-2006, 02:01 PM
maby by trying to install a sensor of some sort , ultimately the buzzer tells the person to put it on , but so long as the seatbelt is cliped in , it will be activated.

dngz
09-07-2006, 03:43 PM
or is there a way to have the passenger airbag always on??? im just scared that if i change it, the passenger airbag will become useless...

veather
12-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Dont know much about the yaris other than glad has good gas mileage and sad the passenger seat is terrible!!!! Please tell me what kind of seat would fit , the measurements would be what I need to find!!? please help!!! :iono:

nookandcrannycar
12-08-2012, 03:46 PM
:eek: Holy thread resurrection! (:biggrin:)

TOLMACH
12-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Dont know much about the yaris other than glad has good gas mileage and sad the passenger seat is terrible!!!! Please tell me what kind of seat would fit , the measurements would be what I need to find!!? please help!!! :iono:

just width

race seats usually have shallow bottoms, you;ll need some sort of height adjustment between the brackets and seats (may be the rails only will suffice)