PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: My A/F readings according to my wideband

PETERPOOP
04-19-2009, 01:03 AM
Well I have my wideband wired up. He's a quick clip of it's readings along with the scan gauge. The oil pressure and boost aren't wired up. I'm going WOT from 1st to 3rd. I believe the lowest number i see is 13.2-13.3 at 18-20 IGN when I am at the point of shifting from 2nd to 3rd. That is good to see, having recently just done a dyno where they measured my AFR from my exhaust tip and it was showing 18+ at 2k RPMs and up. Shown here....

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp250/tropicalsuckerpunch/newestdyno.jpg

At normal driving, it was 14.5-15.1 at it's highest.

I've also been off of boost for more than a week because I thought my AFR was at 18. Maybe the ecu will get use to the boost and bring down my AFR numbers even more at WOT.

Anywho, tomorrow the boost gauge will be hooked up so I will be able to take more videos of normal driving/idle/wot

Be sure to click "HQ" below the player and click full screen to see it better. Sorry for the shakeyness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiIDOM35zSo

What do you guys think? Safe numbers?

LtNoogie
04-19-2009, 01:44 AM
I got seasick from watching that. You handheld the camera, right?

PETERPOOP
04-19-2009, 01:52 AM
passenger did. no input on the numbers?

i am relieved I am not running 18 at WOT, but I am still technically running lean. The majority of blitz owners are running 11-12 WOT readings. Noogie and I are the ones who are in the 14-15 range.

Hopefully we can get this fixed. Eventually I will try the stock airbox and document those readings also.

However, even if blitz develops a fuel controller to fix our lean problem, I still might go with the greddy emanage ultimate and tune it from there (w/ larger injectors and 1zz throttle body). But, if blitz does give us a fuel controller that fixes the lean problem, i might just save my money and call it done.

LtNoogie
04-19-2009, 01:55 AM
I could not read the numbers on the wideband because the video moved so much.

Did you see my thread on the new data logger? It seems we did not need to buy a wideband since the numbers are available at the OBD II port. Not to the ScanGauge but to a better OBD II scanner.

But I have to admit that it is alot more expensive.

cali yaris
04-19-2009, 02:22 AM
Did you see my thread on the new data logger? It seems we did not need to buy a wideband since the numbers are available at the OBD II port. Not to the ScanGauge but to a better OBD II scanner.

The numbers are available from OBDII, but not fast enough to read in real-time. Fine for logging, but not for watching on a gauge while driving.

LtNoogie
04-19-2009, 02:28 AM
I'll admit the ring of muti-colored LEDs on the wideband gauge gives a good feel for the AFR that reading numbers does not, especially with your peripheral vision. I could not tell from the video if Peter's wideband gauge has the ring of LEDs

PETERPOOP
04-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Yah, I'll try that.

In my clip, it actually takes a couple of seconds for it to goto open loop during my WOT. It stays open and remains open in the clip because I let off the gas at the end of the clip. There IS a lag for it to goto open loop and is not instant when doing WOT. I know that was something you were hoping blitz could adjust w/ the new fuel controller.

However, I was driving last night and I was definately not seeing 11-12 during WOT. My AFR seemed to be staying in the 14-15 range during cruising with boost and off boost at the same speed on the free way.

Anywho, I will post more videos once my boost gauge is hooked up!