PDA

View Full Version : Glass Cleaner!

Hawaiian Bluzman
09-05-2006, 08:56 PM
Car care is pretty simple thing to do but what gets me irritated is when I need to clean the windows exteriors and interior. What have you guys tried and got the best results (No Streaking)? and what did do use to wipe your windows with?

Jfoofoo
09-05-2006, 09:03 PM
check this post.. Post number 7
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1414

Chris07LB
09-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Car care is pretty simple thing to do but what gets me irritated is when I need to clean the windows exteriors and interior. What have you guys tried and got the best results (No Streaking)? and what did do use to wipe your windows with?

There was already a post on this... Here's what I use on everything!

Hawaiian Bluzman
09-05-2006, 09:29 PM
OK I tried that and its works pretty good but what do I use to wipe it Paper towel or a Microfiber cloth? because its seems streak free but when the Sun hits the glass, I notice some swirling...

jbll
09-05-2006, 10:38 PM
With a microfiber cloth, there will be no strak!

ChinoCharles
09-05-2006, 11:46 PM
Use newspaper to wipe your windows... if you don't believe me try it, but newspaper and Invisible Glass makes for some seriously clear glass. I SEEN IT!

slvryaris
09-05-2006, 11:48 PM
What does the newspaper do?? Alos dont use anything containing Ammonia on tinted windows.

ChinoCharles
09-05-2006, 11:54 PM
Not really sure, just a family habit passed down to me that I can vouch for... not that anyone in my family takes care of their car but me, but hey... anyway yeah newspaper just seems to leave no streaks whatsoever. Try it.

jonr0613
09-06-2006, 02:14 AM
yes, newspaper is the best in cleaning windows glasses and mirrors....it is really a good absorbent:thumbsup:

as400g33k
09-06-2006, 03:28 AM
Newspapers work, but a clean and dry microfibre cloth + Meguiar's Glass Cleaner is what I use.

jonr0613
09-06-2006, 05:35 AM
how about the washer fluid? do you put glass cleaner and water to the washer fluid container? (sorry to ask newbie here...):help:

Violin
09-06-2006, 05:54 AM
Is that invisible glass ammonia free (for tinted windows)?

The guy at the tint shop uses baby shampoo and water.

jonr0613
09-06-2006, 06:50 AM
really? it won't damage the wiper blades???

Chris07LB
09-06-2006, 08:02 AM
really? it won't damage the wiper blades???

If it's good enough for my son's rump, your wiper blades will be fine.

Wait, your not thinking of adding it to the washer fluid though right Jon? :rolleyes:

Hawaiian Bluzman
09-06-2006, 03:35 PM
Mahalo Guys! will try your suggestions!

nsmitchell
09-08-2006, 03:32 PM
There was already a post on this... Here's what I use on everything!

Invisible Glass!!!

Amen Bruthuh! This is the best hands down!

Lizardboy
09-08-2006, 04:12 PM
I went to my nearby WalMart and lo and behold, the shelf was completely empty of Invisible Glass. I ended up buying the foaming window cleaner next to it made by Gunk. It worked really well and is ammonia free and safe for tint. Also, many people have told me the same thing about newspaper. I haven't tried it yet. Would newspaper be safe on tint though?

Jfoofoo
09-08-2006, 04:56 PM
I went to my nearby WalMart and lo and behold, the shelf was completely empty of Invisible Glass. I ended up buying the foaming window cleaner next to it made by Gunk. It worked really well and is ammonia free and safe for tint. Also, many people have told me the same thing about newspaper. I haven't tried it yet. Would newspaper be safe on tint though?
Please just buy some lint free microfiber cloth. The reason people were using Newspaper to clean glass is the ink on the paper helps bring out a shine.. and the paper gets softer as it gets damp and doesn't leave much of lint behind. You can also use coffee filter for such job.. but nothing beats lint free microfiber cloth.

Jfoofoo
09-08-2006, 05:00 PM

Wait, your not thinking of adding it to the washer fluid though right Jon? :rolleyes:
Keep an eye out for bubble making yaris driving down the highway.. :bow:

jonr0613
09-10-2006, 03:08 AM

:biggrin: sure i won't add it on my washer fluid container ....is there any specific fluid that you can add on the washer fluid container?

jonr0613
09-10-2006, 03:10 AM
Keep an eye out for bubble making yaris driving down the highway.. :bow:

my son would be very happy with the bubbles :thumbup: but i will not make the yaris a bubble maker hehehehhe:laughabove:

fred812
09-11-2006, 11:53 AM
I worked on slot machines and pinball machines for years, we were always to use bunched up newspapers, ANY lint or streaks were unacceptable! I do use a microfiber cloth on my harley. Nothin will touch the micro fiber. Just gotta work it more!

Hawaiian Bluzman
09-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Got me a can of Invisible Glass and a Microfiber glove and used it my my Corolla (open parking stall so it gets nasty) inside windshield. and the glove did the trick. Gonna get another glove for my Yaris. Our buyer at where I work said Invisible Glass will come out with a pump spray which should be a better deal. Thanks Again!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

IsLNdbOi
09-15-2006, 01:59 AM
Wouldn't newspapers make the glass dirtier? Anyone ever get dirt on your hands after looking through a newspaper? What happens to that stuff when you use the newspaper on your glass?

wwwh355
09-15-2006, 02:55 PM
As I can see, news paper did an excellent job.
I guess the ink works like wax on any glass.
At least, use it inside of your car is great I think.
cuz, for outside, although the paper did well, but you will have to re-apply it very often.

Chris07LB
09-15-2006, 06:36 PM
Got me a can of Invisible Glass and a Microfiber glove and used it my my Corolla (open parking stall so it gets nasty) inside windshield. and the glove did the trick. Gonna get another glove for my Yaris. Our buyer at where I work said Invisible Glass will come out with a pump spray which should be a better deal. Thanks Again!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: