PDA

View Full Version : I will be at mapunapuna toyota servo today

PETERPOOP
04-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Yo!

I am going to toyota servco in mapunapuna and will be there around 11. They have a tent sale going on today from like 10am-2pm. My friend is interested in getting a yaris. I will have my yaris there if anyone wants to swing by and check it out! Shoots

PETERPOOP
04-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Well, just got back with my friend. They were telling him that if he put down a down payment for a yaris he wanted (S model, Black, Manual, Power package) that it might come in in two - 4 months. BUTTTTTTTT, it would be a 2010 and sold at the 2010 price. He said that they dont know what the 2010 price would be, so he couldn't give us a price. I didn't know whether to believe him or not.

So we asked him if he knew what the next batch of yaris would be that come in soon, and he said he couldn't find out on the computer. He said there weren't any...

fuji
04-19-2009, 07:04 PM
We should have a quick get together before Summer just to check out each others cars and exchange some ideas.

Time to inject some nitrous into Peterpoop's car and really see what type of power it can generate!

PETERPOOP
04-19-2009, 07:06 PM
lol whoa now! NOS!?

Yah man, I'm down for a parking lot get together. Just let me know. I'm sure gwasabi is down too!

gwasabi
04-19-2009, 07:34 PM
I'm down too but gotta wait till schools over hehehe maybe in may sometime or end of april

Taiyaki
04-19-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm down too but gotta wait till schools over hehehe maybe in may sometime or end of april

Word. I will have my car in by next week, and may be I will have my wheels and stuff by may.

PETERPOOP
04-19-2009, 08:29 PM
taiyaki, where did you get your car at? and did you special order it?

Taiyaki
04-19-2009, 09:00 PM
I got mines at mapunapuna servco. Yeah it was special order. But the chance of me getting power package with it is slim. So I will just add it on when I get it.

PETERPOOP
04-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Wait, you said you special ordered it, but you don't know if it has power package or not? What kind of special order is that?

They were telling my friend it will take 2-4 months to have a special order come in after a 500$ deposit. Is yours really a special order, or you just "claiming" one of the yaris that comes in with the new batch next week?

Taiyaki
04-19-2009, 10:53 PM
well they told me when I ordered that it might not be 100% what I want. I was very anal about it being white, hatch, 5spd, power package. But they told me somthing like many who special order might not get everything. But I was confused since I thought that's why I want to special order, so I can get all of thoes things. Confused I was but just said whatever. So I put down $500. And since my father knows people there, if it's not white and 5spd he can get me deposit back. So I'm just thinking worst case and it comes with out power package then yeah.

haku
04-19-2009, 11:15 PM
so uhhh wtf? i guess i'm scewed then since i want the same thing as your friend... fml.

PETERPOOP
04-19-2009, 11:32 PM
well they told me when I ordered that it might not be 100% what I want. I was very anal about it being white, hatch, 5spd, power package. But they told me somthing like many who special order might not get everything. But I was confused since I thought that's why I want to special order, so I can get all of thoes things. Confused I was but just said whatever. So I put down $500. And since my father knows people there, if it's not white and 5spd he can get me deposit back. So I'm just thinking worst case and it comes with out power package then yeah.

You can get your deposit back no matter what. Even if you wait 4 months for your "special order" to come in and you decide not to get it. Atleast that's what the salesman told me today.

What you did was not a special order. They probably just so happened to have cars coming in that are somewhat like you wanted, and they are going to try and have you settle for what you didn't orginially want.

What my friend wanted to do was truly special order. That takes 2-4 months to get what you SPECIAL ORDERED.

When did you "special order" what is coming in? Last week? Or two months ago. If it was recent, that was not a legit "special order."

so uhhh wtf? i guess i'm scewed then since i want the same thing as your friend... fml.

Yah pretty much. The guy was saying that there were none that are Black, S model, 2009, Power package coming in. If you special ordered one (2-4months) you can get it, but it will be a 2010 model and they can't tell you the price until it gets there. You also still need to put down a 500$ deposit and see how much it is when it gets there, and whenever it does.

My friend then called waipahu servco to see what they had on the lot. Nothing that he was looking for was there.He told them what he wanted and the guys there were saying they rarely bring in any black yaris, and especially not what he wanted...

Looks like a special order is needed for the Black, S model, Power package, 3 door hatch.

808_Yaris
04-19-2009, 11:54 PM
yeah they hardly bring in the black S 5-speed. I was trying to see what my options were when I first bought my car, even went to Kauai, Maui, and Big Island to look at the Yaris'. Seems to me like the black 5-speed was off-island, so when I decided to by the black 5-speed 3 door S, someone already bought it X_X.

-Anyways try checking the cars that are outer island, you may get what you want even though some Toyota's are not servco.

haku
04-20-2009, 01:30 AM
geez, i'm jinxed when it comes to cars... guess i better start calling around. thanks for the info guys.

Taiyaki
04-20-2009, 02:45 AM
Ho thanks peter for clearing things up. I was so confused when I was talking to them. I was like "thats not special! getting random cars".
But Im very glad that I went with the base and not power. Installing power windows and locks myself saves me $1200. That will go to better stuff. :thumbsup:

PETERPOOP
04-20-2009, 03:03 AM
Well if you can install it yourself, that will definately save you money!

What color rims you planning on getting taka?

Taiyaki
04-20-2009, 03:20 AM
I have my mind set on the Rota GT3 gold. the j-mags looks too idk. haha

PETERPOOP
04-20-2009, 03:22 AM
oh ok right right. sorry i forgot you showedme in the other thread. you had the PS photo of it!

anonymous user
04-20-2009, 03:41 AM
Let me shed some light on your special orders. Toyota sends X amt of cars to a dealer (US mainland).
Other dealers trade with each other in order to get what their customers want.

But this being servco pacific, a distributor, they should get any amount of models they need, since they service all of the pacific region, but such is not the case. They get what toyota gives them to sell. I work in the industry, and see it all the time.

evil genius
04-20-2009, 03:52 AM
Let me shed some light on your special orders. Toyota sends X amt of cars to a dealer (US mainland).
Other dealers trade with each other in order to get what their customers want.

But this being servco pacific, a distributor, they should get any amount of models they need, since they service all of the pacific region, but such is not the case. They get what toyota gives them to sell. I work in the industry, and see it all the time.

Are you saying that servco can not special order cars?

anonymous user
04-20-2009, 04:02 AM
Are you saying that servco can not special order cars?

Servco sells toyota/lexus/chevy/subaru/scion/suzuki. Which store you talking about?

They have to sell the stock allotted to them first. I know that some of the stores cannot special order cars, but not sure if toyota is one of them.
Visit your dealer and see what they say. I was told that in the past, and bought a car from mainland and shipped it over here. If you do that be prepared to either have it financed there (you need excellent credit), or pay cash. No local bank is gonna finance a car not physically in the state, until it gets here by boat. But you need to pay cash upfront to get it over here. Hope you got some $$$.

haku
04-20-2009, 04:07 AM
Ho thanks peter for clearing things up. I was so confused when I was talking to them. I was like "thats not special! getting random cars".
But Im very glad that I went with the base and not power. Installing power windows and locks myself saves me $1200. That will go to better stuff. :thumbsup:

hoh do mine too. i'll pay for your celica to get detailed.

evil genius
04-20-2009, 04:13 AM
Thanks for the info. I was just wondering if the guys at mapunapuna were BSing when they told me a special order would take 4 months. I ended up getting something they had just got shipped in.

Taiyaki
04-20-2009, 04:16 AM
hoh do mine too. i'll pay for your celica to get detailed.

^ Ho of course, and this time we leave the battery unhooked untill the VERY END! hahahahaha

Nah the celica is being sold on tuesday. My subaru is gone already. Woot woot yaris here I come!

gwasabi
04-20-2009, 05:30 PM
HURRY UP!

haku
04-20-2009, 06:32 PM
^find me a damn yaris then! fucking islands not meeting my needs.

Taiyaki
04-20-2009, 08:41 PM
^yeah pretty junk. I really hope you dont have to order and wait!

PETERPOOP
04-20-2009, 10:06 PM
they get black, hatchback, automatic, power package. two in the warehouse on island.

anonymous user
04-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Usually when i go to check stock, they mostly have autos. That's what 95% of customers want anyway. Also, it's easier to sell to rental car companies.
I'm going to do an inspection at the end of the month, i'll see if they have any 5sp. in stock, time permitting.

haku
04-21-2009, 12:46 AM
^let me know! i'm starting to give up on the options and color already...

they get black, hatchback, automatic, power package. two in the warehouse on island.

ew, boring. i need 5spd. lol

PETERPOOP
04-21-2009, 01:02 AM
i hear ya. automatic is GAY

yarisugi
04-21-2009, 01:02 AM
It's funny seeing the few who want a Yaris. You gotta be a true nut to want one! j/k
About 6 months ago, there were like 4 5spd Liftbacks and 7 Sedans on Craigslist and nobody bought em...

PETERPOOP
04-21-2009, 01:03 AM
Yah. I am actually SHOCKED to see these two young guys wanting a yaris. I mean, actually REALLY wanting a yaris. lol

gwasabi
04-21-2009, 01:19 AM
Yea cuz they saw how awesome my yaris was hahaha

PETERPOOP
04-21-2009, 01:36 AM

gwasabi
04-21-2009, 01:54 AM
I'm being serious I see these guys everyday ever since grade school hahahaha

PETERPOOP
04-21-2009, 02:03 AM
gayballs

gwasabi
04-21-2009, 02:09 AM
Don't be jealous buddy

PETERPOOP
04-21-2009, 02:27 AM
Arg, you caught me!!!

Taiyaki
04-21-2009, 04:13 AM
Yea cuz they saw how awesome my yaris was hahaha

100% true. haha

haku
04-21-2009, 08:42 PM
it's right within my price range for a brand new car that's why (sick of used cars). i can purchase it straight out with only getting a 5k loan from the bank. plus it has some pretty mean potential. that's my reasoning, at least. now if only i could actually get one that's manual and the power package......

TOUGEghost
04-21-2009, 09:37 PM
When I got my car last November, it actually got shipped over here from Oahu. (White, hatchback, 5sp, power package, etc.) I figured I had to put money down quick before anyone else over there realized it was cool, lol. :biggrin:

haku
04-22-2009, 12:30 AM
^hahaha you stole taka's car.

Taiyaki
04-22-2009, 03:55 AM
I know! how could you! why why? nah i keed i keed. Thats when I just got my GC8.

anonymous user
04-22-2009, 10:39 PM
I just got back from Kona/Hilo today. The have 2 yaris's, but have a $3k markup, so some yaris S are selling for $21k? Damn, it's expensive to live outer islands.
Also, a xrs corolla was selling for $28K. Recockulous if you ask me........
Oh yeah, this is BI toyota, not servco.

Taiyaki
04-22-2009, 11:14 PM
Ho geez! 21k wow man that is crazy