PDA

View Full Version : NEW VIDEO: Wideband/Boost readings.

PETERPOOP
04-21-2009, 02:52 AM
Made a video of my gauges.

First clip is of WOT. Running lean in the 13-14 range with 17 IGN timing. Second clip is of conservative driving (no boost) 14.5-15.1 AFR, then going into neutral/coasting 15 AFR, then cruising w/ boost into a little acceleration section at the end.

click "HQ" below the video player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQaPKkAN46E

My readings seem almost identical with noogie's video clip ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05RZSyraA5Y ). However, I go into 15s instead of 16s when in DFCO. You can see that in my video, towards the end when I am coasting in the 700ish RPM range. HOWEVER, noogie's WOT numbers seems almost the same as mine, BUT he is in single digit IGN timing and I am not ( mine's is 17 IGN during WOT). I remember reading where largeorange front said Noogie should be safe since he's in single digit IGN numbers with the 13-14 numbers in WOT. I DON'T have single digit IGN numbers with my WOT numbers being 13-14.

Anyone care to shine light on this? Am I safe to drive even though I don't have single digit IGN numbers with 13s during WOT? I am running 14.5-15.1 during normal driving and even with boost. I believe those are safe numbers to be in and are stoich. However, I don't know if my IGN numbers during that conservative normal driving is ok or not. Because the A/F numbers seem to be good. Only when I am at WOT is when I am running lean (13-14) and I do NOT have single digit IGN numbers...

whooppee777
04-21-2009, 06:40 PM
STOP BOOSTING ASAP

it seems like it can only b one of 2 things.

1. u and lt.noogie have wired something incorrectly (most unlikely scenario)
2. ur blitz fuel management is faulty

PETERPOOP
04-21-2009, 08:22 PM
probably number 2. i am going to put on the stock airbox soon and see what numbers i get. noogie and I are both using the aFe intake. that might be our problem...

Does anyone else think I shouldn't go into boost because of my WOT numbers?

whooppee777
04-21-2009, 09:26 PM
if u want a blown engine then go ahead and boost

LtNoogie
04-21-2009, 09:55 PM
I don't do WOT boost hardly anymore but I still do mild boosting. 2-3 psi still feels great.

PETERPOOP
04-21-2009, 10:53 PM
Yah. I'm laying off the WOT for awhile (unless a race comes my way). Hopefully blitz R&Ds a new fuel controller for noogie and I and we can get this solved. However, I don't see this happening. If changing to the stock airbox doesn't help the AFR, and if noogie is unsuccessful with the larger injectors, that will just push me even closer to getting the kit retuned via greddy emanage.

whooppee777
04-24-2009, 06:06 PM
i wouldnt even bother with bigger injectors. im using the stock injectors and my a/f ratios go to where they r supposed to be at WOT. find out whats wrong with your fuel managment or replace it entirely.

dont even do a little bit of boost. i've noticed that even at low boost the fuel management doesnt correct a/f ratios below 14 only goes to the 12's when at WOT

whooppee777
04-24-2009, 06:28 PM
^^^^That is because of being in closed loop, once you go open loop then you see the 11-12 readings. If you are cruising down the interstate at 80 mph without boost but the selector switch set to low (25 percent throttle) then give it just a little bit of gas enough to engage the s/c and get your boost level to like 2 psi you will notice your a/f readings are in the 11-12 and you will not be at wot but you will have put the car in open loop and the blitz fuel controller can do its job.

oh that makes sense

LtNoogie
04-24-2009, 07:38 PM
I have a lot of data logged but unlike the ScanGauge, my logger does not show open or closed loop. I think I have to infer it based on something called fuel trim. I'm still trying to learn how to use this thing. Once I do, I'll post the charts under different driving conditions.