PDA

View Full Version : Which of these is the most difficult to install, next most difficult, and on.

IsLNdbOi
09-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Ok, I ordered these parts through my dealer and they got here today:

Mudguards (set of 4)
Exhaust Tip
Door Sill Protectors
Sport Pedals (for automatic transmission)
Center Armrest
Rear Bumper Protector

Which of the above is the most difficult to install? I've never worked on any car before.

sroberts
09-07-2006, 12:47 PM
This would seem like the order IMO

(Most)Center Armrest
Mudgaurds
Sport Pedals
Door Sill Protectors
Exhuast Tip
(Least)Rear Bumper Protector

The Door sill protectors and exhaust could interchange.

IsLNdbOi
09-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Hmmm... Just got off the phone with my dealer again. Seems like the mudgaurds are the most difficult. They said you have to drill holes for those. By the sounds of it, the armrest just plugs into the center cup holder.

thewifesyaris
09-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Hmmm... Just got off the phone with my dealer again. Seems like the mudgaurds are the most difficult. They said you have to drill holes for those. By the sounds of it, the armrest just plugs into the center cup holder.
thanks for the advise on the cup holder arm rest... now i know its not worth the money, she can just suffer. i thought it would have to replace some if not all of the center piece.

IsLNdbOi
09-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Apparently it plugs into the cup holder and then has its own cup holder built into the back.

fred812
09-09-2006, 11:46 AM
I think it look chiep and feels wiggly, was going to remove it today to see what it looks like.

IsLNdbOi
09-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Yours came with a center armrest?

jmew0ng
09-10-2006, 01:29 AM
get that JDM one.. it looks cool and nifty

IsLNdbOi
09-10-2006, 02:45 AM
Ah ok, this one:

http://www.boomplustoys.net/jdm_yaris.shtml

It looks kinda low and costs twice as much as the Toyota brand one. The one made by Toyota is tall so that you can still easily reach the parking brake lever.

Does look nice though.

paultyler_82
09-10-2006, 03:08 AM
I think on the sport pedals, you just slip the rubber covers off the pedals and slip the sport pedals' rubber backings on in their place.

IsLNdbOi
09-10-2006, 03:29 AM
That's exactly how it's done. Installed them yesterday. Only the brake pedal had a rubber cover. The gas pedal was bare. You just slip the sport pedals on.

Damn you jmew0ng! :tongue:

I wish you hadn't told us about that JDM Vitz Console Box. Now I want to return the OEM one I got from Toyota, but I threw the box and instructions away already.

Chris07LB
09-10-2006, 07:26 PM
Mudguards (set of 4) - Needs a few little holes drilled...

Exhaust Tip - Slip over, and clamp. Simple

Door Sill Protectors - Peel and stick. Simple

Sport Pedals - Remove brake pad, then slip each over. Simple

Center Armrest - Plugs into your existing cup holder. Simple

Rear Bumper Protector - Just sticks on. Simple

IsLNdbOi
09-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Thanks Chris. Actually got everything installed by my dealer's (Fletcher Jones Toyota) collision center for free. :thumbup:

Chris07LB
09-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Thanks Chris. Actually got everything installed by my dealer's (Fletcher Jones Toyota) collision center for free. :thumbup:

FREE is always good! :biggrin:

jmew0ng
09-13-2006, 02:58 AM
That's exactly how it's done. Installed them yesterday. Only the brake pedal had a rubber cover. The gas pedal was bare. You just slip the sport pedals on.

Damn you jmew0ng! :tongue:

I wish you hadn't told us about that JDM Vitz Console Box. Now I want to return the OEM one I got from Toyota, but I threw the box and instructions away already.

haha sorry at least you know there's something that's cooler out there.. maybe wait a while before exchanging it if you can't sell the OEM one.

Or try ebay if you're going to sell it.