PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler Advantage?

Yarii
09-07-2006, 05:19 PM
I was just wondering if the little optional LB spoiler has any aerodynamic advantage. Specifically does it help keep road dust from sucking up onto the back of the car - luggage racks on older station wagons had this effect by stopping the air stream over the car sticking directly to the roof where it curved down to the tailgate.

riceboy
09-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Like most Toyota's the Yaris has a good coefficient of drag.. however I don't think the spoiler really does anything significant.... I have crap all over the car... but I think it's just from dust in the air settling on the car...

Katana
09-08-2006, 03:10 AM
Τhe spoiler adds only beauty to the car...

ellenbetty
07-04-2009, 12:00 AM
Some older wagons have a air deflector. The air deflector aims the air coming across the roof down upon the rear window. The redirected wind blows the dust off the rear window. But a air deflector does negatively effect fuel economy slightly. I do not know of anyone who makes such a air deflector for a economy hatchback.

Phaeton
07-04-2009, 08:46 AM
Actually the spoiler keeps most of the crap off the back window. Before I put mine on the back window was always dirty.