PDA

View Full Version : G.I. on a 2009 Summer Meet

Greenthunder
05-26-2009, 07:02 PM
UPDATE:

We are meeting on the 22nd day of the month of August in Dayton Ohio. The current plan is to meet up at the Wright Patterson Air Force Base Museum at approxiamtely 10:00am to 10:30am. We are going on a tour of the museum and afterwards crusing over to Sbarros pizza that is about 12 miles away. Afterwards we're going to look for a parking lot at Wright State University to have a quick photoshoot. We will probably be done around 3:00pm

If anyone has any questions just pm me. More people are welcome to join us.

Members Confirmed:
1. Greenthunder
2. CtrlAltDefeat
3. CtrlAltDefeat's friend
4. kac
5. Toad
6. Qmobile
7.RHDVIPbB
8.N2scouting
9.ellenbetty
10.JumpmanYaris

JBougie
05-26-2009, 07:45 PM
I'd be down for that if it was in the 2nd half of the month!

CtrlAltDefeat
05-30-2009, 06:08 PM
I might be down, depends on where it is...

Qmobile
06-14-2009, 10:55 PM
wow this thread's dead

JBougie
06-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Sadly.

Greenthunder
06-22-2009, 06:43 AM
Yeah, definitely didn't get as much response as I had hoped for. Shall we try for a later date in July or August?

JBougie
06-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Maybe all the mid-west folks are still thawing out after the winter?? lol

Qmobile
06-25-2009, 10:04 PM
try for a later date in July or August?

I'd say do that maybe late july early august?

toad
06-25-2009, 10:19 PM
i could do a day-trip anytime in july/august. 3 hours is my max drive one-way from indy so i can go as far north as chicago, east as columbus/ohio, south as ?, and west as east st. louis(hell yeah!).

vten
06-26-2009, 09:25 AM
Im in for columbus, Ohio :biggrin:

mrbond
06-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Yeah, I'd be down for whenever. I always see these threads for meets in the SW and NE but never the great lakes area. Makes me wish I lived in one of those places.

33OH
06-26-2009, 10:39 AM
I'm possibly in for Columbus area as well.

Greenthunder
06-27-2009, 04:16 AM
Columbus works for me too, is there anyone else that has a suggestion for a possible location?

mrbond
06-27-2009, 10:08 AM
How about Cedar Point?

JBougie
06-28-2009, 09:56 PM
The farthest I would want to drive is Chi - and that's still 7 hours away, so looks like I will be staying in MN lol

ellenbetty
07-10-2009, 10:09 PM
How about Cedar Point?

Cedar Point is on the expensive side. Besides how would we find each other?

ellenbetty
07-10-2009, 10:12 PM
So I was wondering how many more people want to have a meet this June? There's a park right in the Findlay that I think would be perfect for a meet and I also thought that everybody could bring a picnic basket lunch and we could all chip in and rent a shelter house and basically spend the day chilling and hanging out. There is also a spot right in the park where people can rent canoes and paddleboats and row or paddle up and down the river Plus there are some good spots for photoshoots right outside of town. If anyone is interested just let me know.

Findlay is closer to me than the other suggestions. But I am not much for boating, I cann't swim. :( lol

ellenbetty
07-10-2009, 10:14 PM
east as columbus/ohio

Columbus Ohio would work for me as well.

Qmobile
07-17-2009, 04:57 PM
I'd say if we gonna do something we'd better get on it. Call me what you will but up until this thread......the section has been pushin' up daisies.

toad
07-17-2009, 05:44 PM
I'd say if we gonna do something we'd better get on it. Call me what you will but up until this thread......the section has been pushin' up daisies.

you're absolutely right! i keep looking everyday for anything new in our area and it's been a ghosttown. i just did some minor mods to my car that i really dig the new look of(df's and strut tower), but the wife is getting tired of saying 'yeah, it looks nice.......(changes the subject:rolleyes:)'. i just wanna show it off to others and see in person some of these amazing rides that even us 'midwesterners' can make:drool: - and actually meet some other members! like i said before....chicago, columbus/oh, etc all good! just pick a date in august and i'll leave my schedule open for it!

Qmobile
07-17-2009, 08:33 PM
sweet I'll get with GT and see what we can come up with. I'd personally pefer Findlay or BG but that's just me. Worse comes to worse I geuss I could take over as the "leader of the pack" here..........might be easier this way. Anybody else still in?

CtrlAltDefeat
07-18-2009, 01:45 AM
I think I am... hopefully I'll be free on whatever day it turns out to be...

Greenthunder
07-19-2009, 03:49 AM
sweet I'll get with GT and see what we can come up with. I'd personally pefer Findlay or BG but that's just me. Worse comes to worse I geuss I could take over as the "leader of the pack" here..........might be easier this way. Anybody else still in?

Findlay is out of the question, the park fills up big time on the weekends. I say we go back to that park in BG like we did last year, first or second weekend of August :iono: Meet up at the park, chill for a little bit, then spend the evening in downtown BG by going to a restaurant and a club

Qmobile
07-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Findlay is out of the question, the park fills up big time on the weekends. I say we go back to that park in BG like we did last year, first or second weekend of August :iono: Meet up at the park, chill for a little bit, then spend the evening in downtown BG by going to a restaurant and a club

I like that idea!!:headbang: what say everybody else?

Greenthunder
07-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Bump for more responses :mad:

Qmobile
07-24-2009, 11:03 PM
ok how's the last Sat in Aug for everybody? Figure if I put it out now makes for pleanty of sceduleing for everybody. Let's say Last Saturday at Carter park(like before) sometime in the afternoon to late afternoon for a time. Whose with me??

ellenbetty
07-24-2009, 11:05 PM
I say we go back to that park in BG like we did last year, first or second weekend of August :iono: Meet up at the park, chill for a little bit, then spend the evening in downtown BG by going to a restaurant and a club

BG?

Qmobile
07-24-2009, 11:06 PM
yep in good old BG

Greenthunder
07-24-2009, 11:18 PM
BG?

Bowling Green, Ohio

ok how's the last Sat in Aug for everybody? Figure if I put it out now makes for pleanty of sceduleing for everybody. Let's say Last Saturday at Carter park(like before) sometime in the afternoon to late afternoon for a time. Whose with me??

I stated the first or second week because the last week doesn't work for me. Since the first Saturday is close I would recomend the 2nd or 3rd Saturday

Qmobile
07-24-2009, 11:42 PM
ok how 'bout the 3rd?

toad
07-25-2009, 11:03 PM
bowling green is an hour outside my '3 hour limit' from my house(see post #9). sorry, but even 3 was pushing it! don't change it on my behalf, however. i'll try to get some sort of meet for the indy folks too!

CtrlAltDefeat
07-26-2009, 01:09 AM
woof... 4 hours from indy... a bit far for me too...

Qmobile
07-26-2009, 01:36 AM
bowling green is an hour outside my '3 hour limit' from my house(see post #9). sorry, but even 3 was pushing it! don't change it on my behalf, however. i'll try to get some sort of meet for the indy folks too!

woof... 4 hours from indy... a bit far for me too...

hhmmm how's Dayton ohio for you guys? I just got a feeling...........it be more fun with you there

Greenthunder
07-26-2009, 02:45 AM
EDIT: I need to learn how to read :bonk:

Let me get back to you guys on Dayton being a possible location after I do some looking around

CtrlAltDefeat
07-26-2009, 02:53 AM
hey 2 hours, that's more like it... I work on Saturdays but I might take it off...

Greenthunder
07-26-2009, 02:57 AM
Any suggestions on location, I don't know Indy that well. Now if we go with Dayton I'm voting Wright Patterson AFB Museum :cool: Free admission and open on Saturdays

Qmobile
07-26-2009, 03:15 AM
I oviously would like dayton A LOT better than indy............mainly I know how to get to Dayton better than Indy. Wright Pat. would be a good location

toad
07-26-2009, 03:02 PM
wright pat. sounds good! free admission and a place i've never been is also a plus! maybe we could get some pictures of the cars with some planes? what saturday in august did we decide on(i can do fridays or sundays also if that works better for others)?

Qmobile
07-26-2009, 06:17 PM
I said before the 3rd weekend (the 15th) but it really depends on everybody else thinks, to me at least I don't want to say this day and only one person show up.

kac
07-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Anywhere in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, pick a date I'll get it off work and come hang out!

Qmobile
07-28-2009, 02:59 PM
SWEET!! that's what I like to hear! so we got so far:

1.Qmobile(me)
2.Greenthunder
3.Toad
4.kac
?5.CtrlAltDefeat?
?6.ellenbetty?

Greenthunder
07-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Ok, so we've got a majority leaning towards Wright Patterson in Dayton. We just need to hear from CTRL ALT DEFEAT and ellenbetty for their input. The 15th won't work for me. I've got a car show that day. The 16th would be fine and the 22nd or even the 8th. Just need to hear from everyone else

kac
07-28-2009, 04:09 PM
yes. send some PM's... lets make this happen.

Qmobile
07-28-2009, 10:00 PM
first let's be clear on what day we're doing this I'm in for the 8th but would that be to soon for anybody?

CtrlAltDefeat
07-29-2009, 03:07 AM
I think the 8th would be too soon but I'm down for the 22nd (barring any unforeseen problems) Any ideas on what we're going to do?

Qmobile
07-29-2009, 08:32 AM
Any ideas on what we're going to do?

good question. I don't know, I'll have to do a lil research see if there's anything around town or somthing going on

Greenthunder
07-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Ok, since we have pretty much everyone agreeing on having the meet in Dayton I'm going to edit my first post and say that its in Dayton. The 22nd works for me also but I want to hear from everyone else on that too. We've got an interest in meeting at Wright Patterson Air Force Base Museum, they're open everyday and its free admission so we could spend some time at the museum, maybe see if there is a park nearby and have a small photo shoot then maybe go somewhere for dinner then part ways. Does everyone agree with that?

kac
07-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Ok, since we have pretty much everyone agreeing on having the meet in Dayton I'm going to edit my first post and say that its in Dayton. The 22nd works for me also but I want to hear from everyone else on that too. We've got an interest in meeting at Wright Patterson Air Force Base Museum, they're open everyday and its free admission so we could spend some time at the museum, maybe see if there is a park nearby and have a small photo shoot then maybe go somewhere for dinner then part ways. Does everyone agree with that?

that all sounds good to me! get it more "definite" and I'll make sure I have it off work.

Qmobile
07-29-2009, 05:18 PM

sure that sounds alight to me I geuss. Toad said he's in for the 22nd also

Greenthunder
07-30-2009, 06:22 AM
Ok, so I did a little bit of looking around for restaurants and a buddy of mine reccomended Sbarros Pizza which is only a 12 minute drive from the Museum/Base. This gives us a little cruising time and I believe its at a mall so if there is a parking garage we could do an Urban photoshoot and Wright State University is right around the corner so they are bound to have a little park or two plus some nice looking women :biggrin:

Since the museum is open at 9 I was thinking we could meet up around 10:00am -10:30am at the museum, go on a small tour then go grab some pizza for lunch at Sbarros around noon or noon-thirty. Then find a place for a photoshoot over at Wright State University.

Address for the Museum- 1100 Spaatz Street, Wright-Patterson AFB OH 45433.

Address for the pizza place- 2727 N Fairfield Rd, Dayton, OH‎

Address for Wright State University- Its just around the corner from Sbarros

How does this sound for everyone? If we have a mutual agreement I'll lock it into the original post

Qmobile
07-30-2009, 06:38 AM
plus some nice looking women :biggrin:

Thats ALWAYS a HUGE PLUS!!!!:thumbup: But it sounds good to me what say everybody else?

kac
07-30-2009, 09:24 AM
sounds good to me!

toad
07-31-2009, 06:14 PM
anybody down for a convoy from west-side of indy to dayton? kac, are you taking 70 or 74 to get to indy? cntrlaltdefeat, you're pretty close to 70 right? i can get to either highway pretty easily from my house. just a thought, but not mandatory :smile:

CtrlAltDefeat
07-31-2009, 08:55 PM
yea, I'm on the west side.. my friend wants to come too (he's a Saturn guy, buy we can look past that lol) so I'll have to figure out where/when to pick him up before heading out...

Qmobile
07-31-2009, 10:10 PM
yea, I'm on the west side.. my friend wants to come too (he's a Saturn guy, buy we can look past that lol) so I'll have to figure out where/when to pick him up before heading out...

hey it's cool anybody who wants to come can!! I don't care at least the more the merrier I always say. Heck even if your following this thread but not saying anything and wanna come on out.........come on out!! GT and I won't bite.............err.............I won't at least :biggrin: I'll be there early 9:45 at least...pending on some factors

Greenthunder
08-01-2009, 03:40 AM
Since we are all in agreement on the times and locations I will edit my first post to include the day and times and location in case other people find this thread a couple days before the meet.

He's good dude, I don't even own a Yaris myself and I've been trolling here for a year or two :tongue:

kac
08-01-2009, 03:54 AM
anybody down for a convoy from west-side of indy to dayton? kac, are you taking 70 or 74 to get to indy? cntrlaltdefeat, you're pretty close to 70 right? i can get to either highway pretty easily from my house. just a thought, but not mandatory :smile:

I'm down... and I haven't looked at the highways yet so I don't know. I know 74 goes directly through my town so I would prolly figure to take that one... :biggrin:

Qmobile
08-02-2009, 08:36 PM
bump for the sheer sake of bumping

kac
08-03-2009, 01:31 AM
ok, I'm getting the 22nd off work, so you guys better show up for some sweet pics 'n a fun time. Anybody driving from the westerly direction: I'll be taking I-74 from Illinois so if you wanna meet up somewhere and caravan part of the way send me a PM or something so we know where and when.

CtrlAltDefeat
08-04-2009, 12:56 AM
Hey maybe we should put this on the general board, since this board isn't trafficked much

kac
08-04-2009, 01:17 AM
Maybe we should...

Greenthunder, you wanna do that?

Greenthunder
08-04-2009, 12:33 PM
I am on the job!

ellenbetty
08-05-2009, 04:58 PM
UPDATE:

We are meeting on the 22nd day of the month of August in Dayton Ohio. The current plan is to meet up at the Wright Patterson Air Force Base Museum at approximately 10:00am to 10:30am. We are going on a tour of the museum and afterwards crusing over to Sbarros pizza that is about 12 miles away. Afterwards we're going to look for a parking lot at Wright State University to have a quick photoshoot. We will probably be done around 3:00pm

If anyone has any questions just pm me. More people are welcome to join us.

Members Confirmed:
1. Greenthunder
2. CtrlAltDefeat
3. CtrlAltDefeat's friend
4. kac
5. Toad
6. Qmobile

The question I have is what street address you would put into a Garmin Navigation system to get there. A Internet search suggest 1100 Spaatz St., Dayton OH. A sky view shows 3 parking lots near this address.

Plus what is the street address of Sbarros? Internet search suggests 2727 N. Fairfield Rd., Dayton OH. Sky view shows the middle of a road near the Mall at Fairfield Commons.

Support Our troops, Hypermile.

Greenthunder
08-05-2009, 05:08 PM
I honestly don't know because I've never been there. My guess is that there will be signs pointing to the museum's direction once you're on the base and quite possibly when you are on the highway close to te base.

I'm also guessing that the Sbarros is most likely in that mall. Again I don't know because I've never been there but thats where I'm assuming it will be.

Qmobile
08-05-2009, 05:41 PM
yeah there's signs leading to the base, I think there mite be some on 75. 3 parking lots sounds about right to me 1 for: milltary personel, muesum personel, and visitors. I hav'nt been down there for awhile. I also looked up Sbarros and the website(www.sbarro.com) says it is in the dayton mall.

kac
08-05-2009, 05:46 PM
that all sounds pretty easy to find. Maybe Qmobile can share a phone number in some PM's when it comes time to help keep people from getting lost..

ellenbetty
08-05-2009, 11:58 PM
The second question I have is are there any one who is planning upon going to this gathering who likes to wear perfumed products? Since I suffer from what doctors call a allergy to perfumed products, a side effect to my allergy to neurotoxic insecticides, what politically correct people call a discretionary fragrance allergy, sometimes mistaken for what doctors call multiple chemical sensitivities, I have problems with group gatherings. I hate to drive for 3 hours just to avoid the group because of someone wearing after shave or underarm deodorant (which is nothing more than perfume mixed with alcohol), or someone who wears clothing loaded with perfumed laundry products like Gain.

No comment? Well I am getting pressure from my Mom over this trip. I had a MI 18 months ago. Thanks to just in time heart stents I feel ok. But my Mom is worried about me driving a 6 hour round trip. My Mom wants me to find a co-driver. So I am still not certain that I will be coming.