PDA

View Full Version : I think I found where the Yarii are born

LtNoogie
05-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Just got back from 7 days in Shawinigan, QC. I have never seen such a high concentration of Echos and Yarii.

None were modded other than the one fire chief's Yaris sedan complete with roof light bar. Lots and lots of Yarii with signs for businesses too.

TheRealEnth
05-27-2009, 06:49 PM
awwww shoulda took pics of the light bar

custom Lftback
05-27-2009, 06:58 PM
that would have been awesome to see! haha

MUSKOKA800
05-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Super high fuel prices in QC might be the reason for so many more eco-cars.
Quite a few in Brossard as well. I took mine there last April.

NOTE: did a 4200 kl round trip from Burlington to Regina SK and back this April.
Only saw two Yarii over 11 days. One near Sarnia and the other in Flint, Michigan.
With the exception of Camry's, a few Accents and some SRV's, very few imports spotted through the US midwest and Saskatewan. Detriot iron prodominently. Lot's of GM and Ford pick-em up trucks.

IllusionX
05-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Ville De Montreal definitely have at least one with roof light bar...
this one is potted a while back have them inside..

Gas price in Quebec is not THAT bad.. we are usually about 10-20cents for regular. Those who need premium fuel, it is only 6cents more than regular versus 10cents in Ontario.

LtNoogie: Shawinigan is not exactly the place to be to see modified yarii and echos. If you were in Montreal, you'd probably see most of them. I see at least one modified a month.
Well, modified is a big word.. say more like "with something extra"

http://illusionx.dyndns.org/ix2008/DSC00550.jpg

m911gt
05-28-2009, 07:58 PM
glad to hear you made it back alright...hope the cold didn't get to you :)

mr. poopyhead
05-28-2009, 11:42 PM
i drove through St. Jerome, a few weeks back. I've never seen so many Yarises in one dealership.

MUSKOKA800
05-29-2009, 12:41 PM
Ville De Montreal definitely have at least one with roof light bar...
this one is potted a while back have them inside..

Gas price in Quebec is not THAT bad.. we are usually about 10-20cents for regular. Those who need premium fuel, it is only 6cents more than regular versus 10cents in Ontario.

LtNoogie: Shawinigan is not exactly the place to be to see modified yarii and echos. If you were in Montreal, you'd probably see most of them. I see at least one modified a month.
Well, modified is a big word.. say more like "with something extra"

http://illusionx.dyndns.org/ix2008/DSC00550.jpg

IMO, 10-20 cents per litre more is That bad. :iono:
How else to explain the greater number of gas mizers on your roads. QC is the #1 Canadian market for Hyundai Accent as well.