PDA

View Full Version : turbo charger feedback

cruz-gsr
05-27-2009, 06:58 PM
i found this turbo kit online, im looking for some feedback and what do you all think about it:headbang:

here is the link:
http://suzukird1.netfirms.com/AM/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_8&products_id=72

let me know

Nexus1155
05-27-2009, 07:03 PM
theres a thread about this, which coincidently should still be on the first page!! i heard they just slapped it together and are selling it with no tune so youre pretty much on your own

It would be cheaper to piece your own together and go from there...

cali yaris
05-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Who is going to tune your car and what management are you going to use?

Yoda
05-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Who is going to tune your car and what management are you going to use?
pwnt:laugh:

cali yaris
05-28-2009, 12:57 AM
It was a serious question, and I believe it is where all turbo projects should begin.

Nexus1155
05-28-2009, 11:39 AM
It really is hahaha, i think i got the management thing down, i just need to source a decent turbo now that can fit the revhard mani for cheap

Sabretooth
05-30-2009, 01:56 AM
Ok, I contaced Alca Motorsports about this kit, and had a nice long discussion with the owner of the shop in regards to his "work of art"...

The kit is pretty much just a Stage 2 build (which is consisting of the kit, an intercooler, and some larger injectors to go along with it)...

The guy on the phone, honestly sounded like a nutjob, but he did know his stuff. The argument was on my part, why not go with some management. Even just throw the car into open loop and have a field day with it until its perfect. They argued that they werent looking to use ANY engine management, that they thought the car ran fine without it and it would become too costly to even concieve doing it.

In other words, they were just looking to put the kit out there, without offering a sense of bettering what they have.

Thats directly where I become turned off to the kit.
Also in a mention, if I couldnt get a straight answer out of this guy just for the details on the kit, what thinks that their customer service would be any better...

On another note, if you just want to buy a kit and do nothing to try and build one yourself, by all means go ahead.