PDA

View Full Version : New Future Yaris Owner USA

YotaYarisUSA
03-19-2006, 12:21 AM
Howdy, y'all I'm new to the boards,the Yaris and Toyota! Today I have discovered the Yaris,I've been looking for a car with a reasonable price and good fuel economy. With fuel cost the way they are today,(the current price of gas $2.59 a gallon here in North Carolina) plus I have about a 25 mile drive to work round trip 50 miles. For about $15,385 I can get a great little car with all the stuff I want on it, that gets roughly 39 to 40mpg, plus its a sweet looking car and its a Toyota. My Mom and Dad had two Toyota's both Corolla's, they lasted forever with each car having well over 230,000 miles and were still running when sold :)

Looks,like must Yaris folks on here are from outside the U.S., are there any folks from N.C on the boards? How long has the Yaris been out in other Countries? Are you guys getting an 07 model too? Just when in the heck is this car actualling come out?

I look forward,to making new friends all over this great big world and discussing the Yaris!

Thank you for your time and for considering my post, have a wonderul day and drop me a line :)

YotaYarisUSA

swng
03-19-2006, 12:37 AM
Welcome! I have also chosen the Yaris for its reasonable price and fuel economy. The car started to be available in Canada in late 2005 and will soon find its way into the USA(so I have heard). The cars now sold in Canada are 07 models and I presume the same will be true in the USA. Please visit the thread for fuel economy where you are most welcome to participate in the discussion.

swng
03-19-2006, 12:54 AM
Good news! According to a fellow member, the Yaris has arrived in the USA. Please see the thread called "When will the Yaris hit the showrooms at dealers".

Fyxxterzc
03-19-2006, 02:29 AM
I live in north carolina. Western part of the state in between Hickory/Asheville. Welcome aboard. I don't have a yaris yet but hopefully I can wait until (hopes it happens) they put the 1.8 corolla engine in it. Wouldn't mind having the same hp/gas mileage as a corolla in a smaller hatch version. I think it's coming, it was in the geneva car (think it was the corolla engine). Might be a gt model or something though.

YotaYarisUSA
03-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Appreciate it folks, Fyxxterzc I also live in the Western part of the state I live about an hour and half west of Asheville ,its a small world indeed. I'm going to call Jim Barkley Toyota and find out when they are getting the little car in and more than likley I will be getting on my 95 Ford Ranger is killing me with the gas it drinks.

Y'all have a great day and thanks again!

YotaYarisUSA

Idjiit
03-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Hey, I'm from NC - Holly Springs. Looking into getting a Yaris Liftback right now...

Idjiit
03-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Oh, and for the Yaris in the US... The dealerships got a little "surprise" this weekend, with various dealers winding up with cars that were at a local ride-and-drive. They're not allowed to sell them yet. I got to play around with a red Liftback - sit in it, play with the seats, etc. It's definitely on the cheap end of things, but it looks great and looks like it should be fun to drive. Unfortunately it looks like all the Yaris within 60 miles of Raleigh are autos, I'm looking for a manual.

Idjiit
03-20-2006, 02:17 PM
I actually just received a call from my dealership and they said that they should have a Liftback in the spec I want by the end of the month - woo hoo! :D

foober
03-20-2006, 02:36 PM
I actually just received a call from my dealership and they said that they should have a Liftback in the spec I want by the end of the month - woo hoo! :D

Thanks for the update, let us know when it arrives. Supposedly some hatchbacks and sedans will be showing up next weekend in the northwest.

YotaYarisUSA
03-20-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm in the big town of Bryson City NC population 2,300,I talked to Jim Barkley Toyota today in Asheville and they just got the liftback in today. I want the Yaris S.Sedan in an automatic with the powerpackage, fog lamps, remote keyless entry and the all weather guard package with floormats in the Nautical Blue Metallica. I don't know if I want the rear spoiler or not? It looks good,but its 400 bucks and I've heard that spoilers make your trunk leak? They will be getting the 4 door S.Sedan in the 1st week of April :) Does anyone know if Spoilers can cause a trunk to leak or not?

YotaYarisUSA

Idjiit
03-20-2006, 09:32 PM
I wouldn't worry about a factory spoiler making a trunk leak. Sounds like amateur work gone awry to me. ;)