PDA

View Full Version : Recommend best butt and back seat cushion?

ScottFern
09-18-2006, 11:54 PM
Ok, I just picked up my Yaris sedan tonight. Its the metallic blue color. Anyway, I noticed that when I sit in the driver seat, my butt is a little uncomfortable.

I am 6'2" and 240lbs so I figure its not the Yaris's fault I am a fat ass. I need some recommendations on the BEST seat cushion available that you know of?

Let me hear it!

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Andrew

ketel0ne
09-19-2006, 12:20 AM
I don't know if it still holds true but those damn ugly beaded ones the cab drivers use, were the best and most comfortable. Ugly as hell though.

These are getting some good press as well. http://geltecproducts.com/detail.aspx?ID=36

hasher22
09-19-2006, 05:16 AM
your bed pillow?

SimmZ
09-19-2006, 08:10 AM
I'm feeling exactly the same way than you. I'm 6'2", 260 LBS. The answer is easy. The Yaris is not appropriated for tall and wide guys. That's it. It's always important to choose a car appropriated to our size. The Yaris is just not appropriated.

That doesn't mean you can't own a Yaris. But you'll have to admit you'll never feel confortable in this car because it size is not appropriated for tall and wide peoples. I drive the Echo often, for short ride in city, make grocery by example. But I'll never drive it for a long ride because I'll feel real MAJOR pain in my legs and back. When I drive my Cavalier, I can extend my legs to the max until reaching the pedals. In the Echo, or in the Yaris, I always have to fold my legs to use the pedals, that is really bad.

Just for fun, go take a ride into the new Nissan Versa and feel the difference. It was the same price than a Yaris, but two times bigger. The Versa is even bigger than a Matrix or equal.

sroberts
09-19-2006, 11:26 AM
I find the Yaris seats very comfortable. I like how firm they are.

07WYarisRS
09-19-2006, 01:00 PM
I did not like standard seats at all.
That was the main reason why we got the RS, much more comfortable.

xfatefailsx07
09-19-2006, 02:26 PM
personally i think the seats are awesome.. "the firmness" is great... i am 6'1 and 290 lbs.... idk i guess i am just wierd:biggrin:

ketel0ne
09-19-2006, 03:12 PM
i am 6' and 225lbs and spend 3+ hours a day in mine no issues yet.

ScottFern
09-19-2006, 03:14 PM
I did not like standard seats at all.
That was the main reason why we got the RS, much more comfortable.

Wait, are you implying that the seats in the hatchback are different from the seats I got in my Sedan with the power package? Maybe I would like the RS driver seat more?

Because I did test drive a hatchback initially and then later picked up my sedan and the seat just did not feel the same....Hmmm.

07WYarisRS
09-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Here the RS hatch has the front/rear sport seats, flat folding rear seat, the LE/CE hatch have the regular seats and .

I don't remember if the sdedan had the spot seat or not, I

SimmZ
09-19-2006, 08:49 PM
I test drive the RS hatch and I don't find the seat better for wide people... BTW, these seats aren't available in the sedan.

Yaris
09-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Wait, are you implying that the seats in the hatchback are different from the seats I got in my Sedan with the power package? Maybe I would like the RS driver seat more?

Because I did test drive a hatchback initially and then later picked up my sedan and the seat just did not feel the same....Hmmm.

It is true that the sport seats in the RS are the most comfortable for your ass and back. :smoking:

ScottFern
09-19-2006, 11:24 PM
It is true that the sport seats in the RS are the most comfortable for your ass and back. :smoking:

Now, is the RS Hatchback front seat the same bolt pattern as the sedan? This explains why when I drove the hatch I didn't experience any issues and when I got my sedan it felt very different.

Sedan Front Seat = stiffer and narrower seat in my opinion.

RS Hatch Front Seat = feels more comfy and roomy, no complaints

Can anyone else confirm/deny this? I love the Yaris but I REALLY need to do something about my driver seat. It feels like my thighs are being pinched or something, if only the seat was 2" wider on each side.

ScottFern
09-21-2006, 08:34 PM
Anyone else? I am really not happy with my driver seat. I am sore when I get home from work.

I really need to find a solution to this issue!

SimmZ
09-22-2006, 09:10 AM
Anyone else? I am really not happy with my driver seat. I am sore when I get home from work.

I really need to find a solution to this issue!

I don't think you'll enjoy better the RS sport seats because they are not wider! They only offer some better sides supports when take some heavy curves, but the seat are not wider at all.